Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Thundersnow & Chat - 26/11/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭missloulou

Someone was saying yesterday Rathdrum to Rathnew was terrible and recommended not to try it unless you had 4WD

missloulou wrote: »
    Black Briar: have you had much since last night? nothing has fallen here since yesterday afternoon
    About an extra inch in the last 45 mins-its stopped now

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

missloulou wrote: »
    Someone was saying yesterday Rathdrum to Rathnew was terrible and recommended not to try it unless you had 4WD

I drove last night from stillrorgan to tinahely about 7ish. It was oka, drove slowly. There was nothing on the roads. Probably give it a go this morning and see how it is. My boss is a real dick, won't like me ringing in and taking the day off.

I'm in tinahely. Just been out. Its cold but no more snow. Anyone know what the roads are like. Suppose to be going to work, driving from tinahely to stillorgan. Is it worth it.
    lunacy-if you don't have to-stay put.
    latest report from the nra station at the arklow by pass is snow and -6.4c:eek:

I drove last night from stillrorgan to tinahely about 7ish. It was oka, drove slowly. There was nothing on the roads. Probably give it a go this morning and see how it is. My boss is a real dick, won't like me ringing in and taking the day off.
    According to this thread,theres been 4 to 5 inches or more in dublin since midnight.
    The roads down here have had another inch.
    Now also the freeze since 8pm has been somewhere between -6 and -9c on the roads you were on since last night and most near the coast have fresh snow-more than tinahely near the coast.
    Arklow bypass at one stage last night was near -8c:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

When I said nothing. I meant no traffic. The roads were snowed over allright, icy and slushy. Once I left the n11 at rathdrum the roads became bad. from gleanealy to tinahely, the roads were snowed over.
    Any idea if wicklow inland will get any more snow or is this it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭GavinH

woke up this morning to a 1/2 inch of snow, 16 miles west of Cork City. Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

Its white here in Galway City. Hasn't snowed since about 1am but I'm hoping we get more!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

What an Irish Sea delivery overnight!!!

Did grass measure on snow. 3.5 inches on the grass, including yesterdays snow, hail and graupel. 2.5 inches of fresh snow, measured on the car.

and

-5.3c now :eek: and its only autumn!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Snow Kerb deep in Portmarnock .....just about to rekindle last night fire ! Snow has stopped at present.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭kopp

What would motorways be like? supposed to be going on drive down country now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Yep been very bubbly out in Irish sea this morning.

136892.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Just a dusting here overnight, very cold morning, was -5.8c earlier, but temps on the rise now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

-7 here, its freezing in the house. Was great watching the snow falling at midnight, lasted about 45mins for me. 4cm fell on top of the 4-5cm of hail so its pretty deep now! The best thing is theres no sign of thaw and with temps so low will it get above 0 today?!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

Was great to have a snow ball fight out in sandyford last night. There is still a great covering on the roads out there so be careful. It seems somebody in their wisdom ploughed some of the roundabouts and have left thick ice in places around sandyford industrial estate. Be careful on the roads folks, you me a good driver but you never know about the other guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭jon burrows

Nice bit of sneachta here in Blanchardstown, -5, clear skies, I want more....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

snowing heavy now is south wexford (south of new ross)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Fenagh carlow. Was minus 6 at one stage last night. No snow and car not even frozen this morning??? Though clouds are very dark in sky. Come on snow for me!!

I can see a big 'streamer' to my east, very dark and angry looking, but not sure will it make its way west towards Dublin. However last night the winds stayed west and the streamer came slowly in regardless!?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Captain Pillowcase

It's a winter wonderland here in Terenure!!!! Nice white Blanket. It looks like a postcard for a winter wonderland.

Wondering though, if it got this bad and it's not even really winter does it mean we are in for a bad one again???:confused: Not that I mind lots of snow!!! I can't wait for more!!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    I hope they do! Nothing against the Pumas but I ddoslike the Dublin 4 Yah Brigade Rugby heads..worse than Brits..that is why I call them Brirish.
    I support France ...at least they have a record of achievement!!!

yeah they did great against the aussies last nite great achievement:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭octo

Beautiful morning here in Northside Dublin. -7 degrees in Dublin Airport! Those big dirty Cb clouds showing up nicely on the radar. I can see them out my window. Wonder what's keeping them on the Irish sea?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Another 5cm fell here last night, no work tomorrow:D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

octo wrote: »
    Beautiful morning here in Northside Dublin. -7 degrees in Dublin Airport! Those big dirty Cb clouds showing up nicely on the radar. I can see them out my window. Wonder what's keeping them on the Irish sea?

Wind offshore atm is north and wind onshore (at Dublin AP and Casement) is west, so that's a pretty good reason why they will stay over the sea, for now anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

lovely here in galway, freezing fog, everything white and cold as hell,

so much for evelyn's donegal and a bit of slido forcast,

temps look really cold for today, so it ill be a fire and rugby!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

duckysauce wrote: »
    yeah they did great against the aussies last nite great achievement:rolleyes:

Yes loving this snow watching and all night cricket action, doesnt come any better!

-17c in Wales last night according to sky news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

on the news front, wales got a new record, -17 point something, scotland got another pasting!!!!

its very cold for Nov,

lets face it "global cooling" has begun!

gally74 wrote: »
    lovely here in galway, freezing fog, everything white and cold as hell,

so much for evelyn's donegal and a bit of slido forcast,

temps look really cold for today, so it ill be a fire and rugby!!!!!

Thats if its not cancelled!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭rainbowdash

Folks, heading from Limerick to Castlebar and back today. What are the risks of sufficent snow this afternoon to disrupt my journey?

Not sure whether to cancel or not. I'm not too worried about whats on the ground at the moment as long as roads are passable, just worried about getting caught above there and not able to get home.

• Advertisement

irishdub14 wrote: »
    Thats if its not cancelled!

I would have thought the new pitch would be heated?

-5.8c here now, btw.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement