Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Thundersnow & Chat - 26/11/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭waterford1988

Here in Tramore Co. Waterford and it's absolutely covered in snow since yesterday morning. The last snow shower I noticed was about 5'o clock yesterday afternoon. I'm supposed to be going back up to ucd tonight for college tomorrow. People reckon the roads will be too dangerous so?

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Iancar29 wrote: »
    5 hours sleep and out in the snow again :D ... Amazing CB clouds out towards Dublin bay, it's huge!!

Can see them clouds from here in Dublin Mountains, very dark and thick looking and deep if that makes sense, they seem to be nearly touching the sea. Was just watching Sky News there and the forecast is fantastic for us snow Lovers, can't believe its going to last till Thursday or Friday at least.

Was talking to a friend who works in the Council and he was telling me 2 gritters are broke down, 1 a clutch job and the other some pump or something. So this year we have salt, but no gritters, only in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Kilkenny City outskirts..

Temperature: Current -3.5 °C High -0.5 °C Low -3.5 °C
    Dew Point: Current -3.8 °C High -0.8 °C Low -3.8 °C

There is a thin powdery covering of fresh snow. Not much, just enough to hide the icy treacherousness underneath. Be careful out there guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

This is mad, temp at Dublin airport hasn't risen from -7°C yet!

M2 Buoy's dew point has plummeted to -6.7°C

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

9am Reports

Dublin Airport -7c

Casement -9c

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

9am Reports

Dublin Airport -7c

Casement -9c

:eek:

BBC said Aldergrove in Belfast was -9.

Record for November apparently.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

My daughter came down from Dublin to Kilkenny on the Kavanagh 5.45pm bus yesterday which was due in at 8.00. The driver made it in at 8.35pm in spite of long delays getting out of Dublin and what she called blizzarding snow, like she's never seen outside of films, between Naas and Castlecomer.

I walked to meet her at the bus because it was too dangerous to try and make it out of the estate with the hill going out and then back in again. I only slipped twice. Most traffic on the Castlecomer Road out of town was crawling along except for one complete tosser who overtook three cars and shot off into the distance at at least 60mph. Maybe he had winter tyres. :rolleyes:

We don't seem to have any more snowfall in Kilkenny since yesterday lunchtime (unless a very light fall during the night) but what we did have has turned crunchy with ice since last night.

MT if you are reading this, my son wants to know if you can tell what are the chances of Kilkenny having more snow and at what time? He doesn't ask for much! :D:D

On rain today it looks like the streamer to the east of Howth has begun to go somewhat west... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Doesn't seem like there was a huge amount more snow here in Blanchardstown after those showers around Midnight. There was some fresh snow covering, but not like 3-4 inches or anything.

Looking at the radar, it looks like winds are more northerly again in the irish sea...seems like the stuff that's out there will miss us? Or maybe hit further south, wicklow/wexford?

We can begin to see the snow on sat24!:

image.ashx?country=gb&type=slide&time=&index=1&sat=

Absolutely amazing! :D

Web_radar.gif

The precipitation developing to the west of the IOM looks like it could hit North Dublin, I hope!

• Advertisement

Morning all, and what a lovely morning. Winter wonderland here in Lucan.

Havent had chance to read thru all the threads yet, working on it. But can anyone give a quick brief synopsis for dublin today? Are we in for a snowfest today?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭cdsb46

LID wrote: »
    So with all this snow anyone know where you can buy a sled in Dublin?!! :)

Argos are selling red sleds. think there 12.49€ :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    Temp -2.7 and dewpoint is -3.5.

Just waiting for more showers to come onshore, one or two more and we might make it to the 20cm mark:)

Where are you beasterly ? Will I make the drive down to Oulart & back ???

LID wrote: »
    So with all this snow anyone know where you can buy a sled in Dublin?!! :)

Ill make you one ..

Top quality, to dollaar

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LID

cdsb46 wrote: »
    Argos are selling red sleds. think there 12.49€ :D:D:D

Thanks cdbs - just tried and every Argos in Dublin is out of stock! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Here in Tramore Co. Waterford and it's absolutely covered in snow since yesterday morning. The last snow shower I noticed was about 5'o clock yesterday afternoon. I'm supposed to be going back up to ucd tonight for college tomorrow. People reckon the roads will be too dangerous so?

i think you'll be fine, you have the waterford to dublin bypass?

so did any snow come to cork during the night?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Cold is unreal here for the time of day, Temp -2.6c DP -3.6c. Wind NW at 8km/h. Hopefully that will change to NE soon and we can get a few showers from the Irish Sea. We are well and truly entrenched in the Arctic cold now.

More Detail @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

JUST back in now... need to warm back up!,

-5 still here in finglas! ha

Porridge is on! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

-4.5c here in Mayo, glourious sunny day. Just cooked rashers on the open fire for some bacon butties!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

lucy2010 wrote: »
    Where are you beasterly ? Will I make the drive down to Oulart & back ???

I really wouldn't advise it, coditions are very bad, even the main roads are bad.

If it's not urgent prob best to stay at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

K-9 wrote: »
    BBC said Aldergrove in Belfast was -9.

Record for November apparently.

Coleraine -20c last night with Icebergs out to sea!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Snow!!! so happy!!!! was busy with family things so missed the chat (and boy there was plenty of that i see) but went for a walk in the snow last night!! it was fab!!!

Its like a winter wonderland out the window this morning! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Happy snow day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

snaps wrote: »
    Coleraine -20c last night with Icebergs out to sea!

Don't forget the 30feet snow drifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

So what is on the horizon for Dublin for today, tomorrow and tomorrow evening ???

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    I really wouldn't advise it, coditions are very bad, even the main roads are bad.

If it's not urgent prob best to stay at home.

The baba's are down there .....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭Newtown90

GavinH wrote: »
    woke up this morning to a 1/2 inch of snow, 16 miles west of Cork City. Nice.

Woke up at 7 and the city sky was very grey!!

Was hoping when i woke again we'd have snow!!

And noooooooooope:rolleyes::(...

Sun is shining out!!

Wishing i was back in Kerry rather than Cork:(:(

Just for us FI enthuasists

http://news.sky.com/skynews/video

Wait for Tuesday - ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

be more than a sledge you be looking for lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭roryc1

Heyes wrote: »
    So what is on the horizon for Dublin for today, tomorrow and tomorrow evening ???

More snow by the looks of it, all the models are pointing to snow on the east coast for the next few days, on the raintoday radar
    http://www.raintoday.co.uk/ you can see showers moving a bit more northeast
    so looks good for snow lovers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

The sun is shining outside now on the snow, is the sun strong enough to melt the snow today or are the tempertures too low?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭oterra

Still -7 here in firhouse. How weird is that!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement