Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Thundersnow & Chat - 26/11/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Heyes wrote: »
    So what is on the horizon for Dublin for today, tomorrow and tomorrow evening ???

Possibly a repeat performance of the last 2 days/nights. Showers build up during the day over the Irish Sea and then drift on to the coast at night?

Hopefully! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭roryc1

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Possibly a repeat performance of the last 2 days/nights. Showers build up during the day over the Irish Sea and then drift on to the coast at night?

Hopefully! :D

Good morning DOC, have you got a weather station? if so what temp/dp you getting

Rory

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭isle of man

we have snow. just showers and vary fine snow

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

roryc1 wrote: »
    More snow by the looks of it, all the models are pointing to snow on the east coast for the next few days, on the raintoday radar
    http://www.raintoday.co.uk/ you can see showers moving a bit more northeast
    so looks good for snow lovers :D

A lot of action in the Irish Sea, we just need it to push inland to give us a fresh layer of the white stuff. M2 Buoy reporting a Northerly wind which we don't want. Later today the North East and East winds will kick in and thats when the fun starts :)

Web_radar.gif

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

THIS is out over Lambay at the moment .

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2823/dsc5018g.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

cloud looks likely to produce some snow/sleet & possibility of some thunder...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

sharkman wrote: »

Ohhh snow/thunder!

wow, thats stunning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Got to -6 only last night . . but still at -5 here.

Had about 1.5cm of snow over night - maybe a little more, everything that fell yesterday is just solid ice and then there is this layer of powder on it. Can't even make a snowball out of it . .:(

But it does look great! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

A lot of action in the Irish Sea, we just need it to push inland to give us a fresh layer of the white stuff. M2 Buoy reporting a Northerly wind which we don't want. Later today the North East and East winds will kick in and thats when the fun starts :)

Web_radar.gif

This all looks like its hitting wicklow, waterford, wexford. Doesnt look like Dublin is getting the downfall this time :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Sun is out, still -7 at 10am report for Dub airport. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

Wow got to get down to the coast. Anyone know if those showers brewing up near the isle of man will hit the coast..looks like the ones southwest of the island are heading towards the east coast and Dublin?

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Wow got to get down to the coast. Anyone know if those showers brewing up near the isle of man will hit the coast..looks like the ones southwest of the island are heading towards the east coast and Dublin?

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Unless the winds change to more easterlys then no, there just gliding by along the coast unfortunately .

Oh and once again people, anyone with pictures please post them here.... THANKS :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=69260610&posted=1#post69260610

M2 just gone northeast yeeeeeeeeeessssssss

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

lucy2010 wrote: »
    The baba's are down there .....

They're safer stayin with their Nan for a couple more days,the roads around Co.Wexford are lethal.Not worth the risk driving on them plus we had another couple of inches fall again last night.Stay safe people.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

roryc1 wrote: »
    M2 just gone northeast yeeeeeeeeeessssssss

Maybe those Isle of Man showers will make it in so...they are heading south west at the mo and have a lot of sea to travel over yet! Bring it on.

Heading for the beach...

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭thirtypence

Has anyone driven from Wexford to Dublin today or vice versa? What was the drive like or is it even possible?

Maybe those Isle of Man showers will make it in so...they are heading south west at the mo and have a lot of sea to travel over yet! Bring it on.

Heading for the beach...

Hope so but it is a very slack wind, we really need the wind to pick up a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭OmeGar

i need some advice.

I travelled down to Wexford, and now need to get back up for tomorrow. the plan was to travel last night, but with the weather and what i was hearing. i decided to stay overnight.

Now, i a, looking out the hotel, seeing it has snowed and all that.

would people in wexford and wicklow say it would be reasonably safe to travel back to Dublin. i am in no hurry, and if it took 4 hours i wouldn't mind. However i have heard rumours that the CoCouncil have not gritted the N11 in Wexford. this has me insanely worried, as i am only driving a saloon.

I have blown my budget staying overnight, and not sure i want to spend money on a Train home and back down. Leaving the car is not an issue, as i tend to not use it during the week. i live close enough to the Luas that i use that for work related travel.

Any thoughts or suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

zerks wrote: »
    They're safer stayin with their Nan for a couple more days,the roads around Co.Wexford are lethal.Not worth the risk driving on them plus we had another couple of inches fall again last night.Stay safe people.

Thanks . Its snowed heavy here last night so just to get betsy out of the drive would be a 2 hour job id imaginelol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭My Thoughts

Has anyone driven from Wexford to Dublin today or vice versa? What was the drive like or is it even possible?

Took my wife well over an hour to get home from St. Vincents Hospital to Wicklow earlier, not sure what it's like further South on the N11.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

OmeGar wrote: »
    i need some advice.

I travelled down to Wexford, and now need to get back up for tomorrow. the plan was to travel last night, but with the weather and what i was hearing. i decided to stay overnight.

Now, i a, looking out the hotel, seeing it has snowed and all that.

would people in wexford and wicklow say it would be reasonably safe to travel back to Dublin. i am in no hurry, and if it took 4 hours i wouldn't mind. However i have heard rumours that the CoCouncil have not gritted the N11 in Wexford. this has me insanely worried, as i am only driving a saloon.

I have blown my budget staying overnight, and not sure i want to spend money on a Train home and back down. Leaving the car is not an issue, as i tend to not use it during the week. i live close enough to the Luas that i use that for work related travel.

Any thoughts or suggestions.

Same scenario - opposite direction. Im sure a kind local would put you up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Holy crap !!!! -7 at Dublin Airport at 10am:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭DIF

Yeah!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭OmeGar

lucy2010 wrote: »
    Same scenario - opposite direction. Im sure a kind local would put you up...

I am sure they would, but i have to be in Dublin for 8am tomorrow. the hotel is willing to let me leave the car for awhile, its just i don't want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Snowing again in Wicklow now!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Some beefy showers hitting NE Ulster now, Owen will be foaming at the mouth!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭taffy lulu

Hello. Has anyone heard anything about school closures? I wonder if there is going to be an announcement like there was in Jan?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭vixdname

Guys, I'm new to this weather forum, my question is ....Why when theres a risk of severe rain fall in the british isles & Ireland is it always that the radar picture will inevitably show Ireland completely covered in a thick blanket of rain clouds, but when we all want a bit of snow action...the clouds are always everywhere but over the country, just dangling along the coast but not doing anything worth talking about ? Is it just me or does it ever seem that Irish weather just likes to torment us !!!! BTW: is it true that we're going to get a good bit of snow on Tuesday ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Snowing now again in Derry and by the looks if raintoday gonna have a good shower or two in the next hour. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement