Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Thundersnow & Chat - 26/11/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭chatjunkie

Just checked the forecast for limerick for the next few days and no snow at all forecast. Am gutted. could this be true??

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭DIF

I'm living on a hillside near Rathcormac, Cork (5 mins from Watergrasshill) and we got an inch of snow last night. Roads are icy but still passable - the M8 will have been gritted provided the snowploughs haven't broken down!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

absolutely beautiful out, fluffy pristine snow glistening in the sun
    actually more snow now than there was last winter where i live, last year it was mainly 6 inches of frozen glassy slush

met eireann have a maximum temperature forecasted as +2 degrees for dublin, with it still hoverring around -6 i doubt there's enough daylight left for it to "warm up" that much

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

boosh_fan wrote: »
    driving from Cork to Dublin today. Am assuming M7/M8 are gritted. Leaving shortly to get to Dublin with plenty of time before it gets dark.

Drove the M7/M8 Laois sections last night and they were fine. People are going slower on them than normal though. ~50mph or 60mph.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Lovely morning here , the roads are desperate, the sun is out, no snow showers here yet today Irish1967. Nice video btw.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Looking at the 1100 radar, showers seem to be joining together over the Irish Sea and moving this way! :)

Can see some massive big sexy clouds rollin in :) Please keep heading to Lucan, pretty please..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭rsom

LID wrote: »
    So with all this snow anyone know where you can buy a sled in Dublin?!! :)

Try www.sled.ie :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

jolly wrote: »
    Malahide almost Alpine this morning with the sun and sneachta.

Am supposed to drive to Kilcock today. Anyone done the M50 / M4 yet this morning?

I went from Lucan to the Airport and once out of the local estates, the roads were not too bad. Not great, mind, but drivable if you must. The M50 has two drivable lanes, but I kept it to 30mph just to be safe. It seemed wet (by the sound and evidence from other cars) but the thermo said -7 at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Looking at the 1100 radar, showers seem to be joining together over the Irish Sea and moving this way! :)

wonder will they make it inland though ? all seems to be skirting down the coast today

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

lucy2010 wrote: »
    wonder will they make it inland though ? all seems to be skirting down the coast today

I think they will make it, looks like a little low pressure centre forming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 snowww

What if it falls as rain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

So nice outside :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Can't remember a day last Winter that it was this cold coming up to Midday :eek: Sun is out now which will probably bring up the temps a little. Lots of activity in the Irish Sea but also off the coast of Waterford. Even looks like a little Low pressure forming there in a circular movement. Its illustrated nicely here http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

For the record here its -2.2c DP -3.2c.

More Detail @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

snowww wrote: »
    What if it falls as rain

Then it will be a rainy afternoon instead :D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 snowww

Jake1 wrote: »
    Then it will be a rainy afternoon instead :D:D:D:D

Ye suppose my accu weather app said it will rain lots today in south Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 34 eireanbo

any chance of the midlands (longford) getting any decent snow any time soon????

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭isle of man

between 2-3 in of snow fallen up the east cost 5 miles from here,

there just missing us these showers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

I want more snow! Its all off the sea now and I bet it wont make it as far as maynooth :(

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭pswanto

gutted! absolutely NOTHING in cork! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Gonna head for the M9 soon to Waterford. Hope it's after being treated. Any new forecasts for tonight in Waterford? Accuweather has it to turn to rain!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭chatjunkie

pswanto wrote: »

I feel your pain Pswanto.... But at least you look likely to get some this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

28112010449.jpg
    28112010458.jpg

dont forget the Weather Pictures fourm has some brilliant photos by people much better than me, well worth having a look at :)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭TheMutations

Beautiful winters day here in Glanmire, Co. Cork. There was a light snow shower last night at about 12.30. It is not melting in the shade.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭pswanto

chatjunkie wrote: »
    I feel your pain Pswanto.... But at least you look likely to get some this evening.

knowing our luck it will just be slush and then turn to rain and flood! haha!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Whats coming up :D

136942.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Anyone successfully manage to make a snowman today? Had the little one out earlier and couldn't get the snow to stick together. It's very floury!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

pswanto wrote: »

Ditto for Limerick :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Sky news Just reported, South-east, Mostly waterford and cork tho, Will get heavy snow at 6pm tonight

• Advertisement

flanzer wrote: »
    Anyone successfully manage to make a snowman today? Had the little one out earlier and couldn't get the snow to stick together. It's very floury!

Yeah, not snowman snow! Tried and failed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement