Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Thundersnow & Chat - 26/11/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭outsourced_ire

RobitTV wrote: »
    Sky news Just reported, South-east, Mostly waterford and cork tho, Will get heavy snow at 6pm tonight

YES!!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭pswanto

Sky news Just reported, South-east, Mostly waterford and cork tho, Will get heavy snow at 6pm tonight

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! YYYYYAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Come'on! im holdin out for no school tomo!

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

Anyone know the conditions in Clondalkin?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Slimity

According to brayweather.com (think its trogdor's site) its snowing. Anyone confirm?

Edit: Now stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

If this snow Comes, that means DAY OFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES! So sick of that place, bout time i get a day off! :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭oterra

Su Campu wrote: »
    Polar Low forming in the Irish Sea????!!!! Explosive development has taken place in the last hour or two, and latent heat release could warm the core enough to make it one by the time it reached the east coast. Could bring blizzard conditions to a lot of northern Leinster this afternoon. One to watch!!

This could get interesting:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

ok lads still -3 here in north meath, is there any chance we'll get some snow today

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Sky News weather were on the ball yesterday afternoon when they showed a small circulation/low pressure in the Irish Sea for this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

_whiskers wrote: »
    Anyone know the conditions in Clondalkin?

Where are ya headed in clondalkin, snowed fairly heavy the estates are very rough but the main roads are Not too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭carlmwan

Originally Posted by Su Campu
    Polar Low forming in the Irish Sea????!!!! Explosive development has taken place in the last hour or two, and latent heat release could warm the core enough to make it one by the time it reached the east coast. Could bring blizzard conditions to a lot of northern Leinster this afternoon. One to watch!!

Oh i hope so meath deserves a good lashing of snow:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭Newtown90

I am so going to buy you a pint if we get snow in the city tonight!!:D:D:D:D

You just made my day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

ah for feck sake, i'm now being teased by friends saying youghal is in impassable over snow. seriously come on already, youghal hasnt seen snow in years,:mad::mad::mad:

so bring on the snow

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

Park west, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Alan Smithee

Lots of snow roads like an ice rink and wife expecting any day now could be a fun dash to the hospital

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    ah for feck sake, i'm now being teased by friends saying youghal is in impassable over snow. seriously come on already, youghal hasnt seen snow in years,:mad::mad::mad:

so bring on the snow

You should change your name to snowbabe and then it might come :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 yahooguy

flanzer wrote: »
    Anyone successfully manage to make a snowman today? Had the little one out earlier and couldn't get the snow to stick together. It's very floury!

Same problem in D13....lovely snow but not for building snowmen.

ollie1 wrote: »
    You should change your name to snowbabe and then it might come :D

:p may have to

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Lots of snow roads like an ice rink and wife expecting any day now could be a fun dash to the hospital

Given the conditions, would they not just take her in at this stage?

fricatus wrote: »
    Given the conditions, would they not just take her in at this stage?

i was thinking that as well. it would be safer, instead of having to rush when the labour pains start

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭meemeep

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    i was thinking that as well. it would be safer, instead of having to rush when the labour pains start

Call an ambulance if you are stuck and best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Derfil

- 8 C on the Curragh right now! This is incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

meemeep wrote: »
    Call an ambulance if you are stuck and best of luck

Yeah, good advice. Last thing you want it to be driving stressed in these icy conditions!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

There was actually a wee bit of warmth off the sun outside. There's virtually no wind so I expect that's why.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭vixdname

Danno wrote: »
    Rain is caused by the mixing of mild and cold air. We are missing the mild air, so very little precip is possible. The seas are still quite warm which is why the showers are mostly off the coast. Features such as shallow low pressures bring the milder air off the sea in overland which causes the snow - but these systems quickly die out as the warm sea source is replaced by a frigid cold landmass. Hope this helps.

Thanks v much for the info Danno, its really interesting actually, and now it makes sense !

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭linguist

Just got a text to say it's snowing again in Skerries.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Slimity wrote: »
    According to brayweather.com (think its trogdor's site) its snowing. Anyone confirm?

Edit: Now stopped.

There was a few flutters but i put it down to the crows eating my gutters - noise of them & there is actually a bird feast hanging off the clothes line :D

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

My poor bike got a pasting last night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭dbyrne

-1.1 here sun is just garden is now in full shade so there wont be anymore melting here today. Accuweather said snow for 12 and 2 but that weather front seems to be spinnig in circles in the irish sea, hope it makes landfall and brings big blizzards. look at the image attached, i think im living next door to the fires of hell though

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭rsom

steveLFC24 wrote: »
    My poor bike got a pasting last night :D

LOL, your poor bike! Have to admit though, there is something strangely funny about that pic:D

It's just dawned on me why the snow looks strange at this time of year - there are still leaves on some of the trees:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

-5C and sunny skies here. Definitely colder daytime temperatures so far this cold spell in my location then what we had during last winter's prolonged cold snap. not a flake of snow or patch of frost has melted since the cold snap began whereas last year there was always some dripping of ice during the day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement