Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Thundersnow & Chat - 26/11/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭davemc6832

A heavy dusting down at Heuston Station

Train_stuck_in_snow.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

linguist wrote: »
    Just got a text to say it's snowing again in Skerries.

The latest radar shows a little tip of that circulation in the irish sea brushing off the coast there at 12.45. Anyone confirm stuff has come on land?

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

rsom wrote: »
    LOL, your poor bike! Have to admit though, there is something strangely funny about that pic:D

It's just dawned on me why the snow looks strange at this time of year - there are still leaves on some of the trees:cool:

Not sure why I even took it, maybe it just seemed amusing after a few pints :D Thats Dublin 12 by the way. Had a good oul snowball fight on the way home last night, great fun :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

0.9C here, went down to a min of -3.5C overnight which is the coldest temperature ever recorded at the station since it was setup in April 2006. About 5cm of snow lying at the moment with a slight thaw occurring
    DSC_6987_01.JPG
    More here:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=69262225&postcount=77

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭dbyrne

davemc6832 wrote: »
    A heavy dusting down at Heuston Station

Train_stuck_in_snow.jpg

I like the new fleet of trains, good to see where the tax payers money is being used

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭davemc6832

steveLFC24 wrote: »
    My poor bike got a pasting last night :D

Great pic. It looks like it's made of marshmallow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Icicles hanging off my backdoor in Clontarf, Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

trogdor wrote: »
    0.9C here, went down to a min of -3.5C overnight which is the coldest temperature ever recorded at the station since it was setup in April 2006. About 5cm of snow lying at the moment with a slight thaw occurring
    DSC_6987_01.JPG
    More here:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=69262225&postcount=77

Deadly pics trog - Went out walking there - roads will be hairy later... snow is still settles on most of them & not a tap of grit to be seen. Whats in store for us for the afternoon & evening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭istabraq

Met eireann gone mad talking about rain/sleet and snow mid week someone answer me rain with these temp and dewpoints?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

istabraq wrote: »
    Met eireann gone mad talking about rain/sleet and snow mid week someone answer me rain with these temp and dewpoints?

That was a really disappointing forecast considering the latest radar picture I am looking at! Every time it refreshes that system off the east coast seems to have more beef.

scaled.php?tn=0&server=17&filename=radarw.png&xsize=640&ysize=640

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

The M2 buoy is in the centre of the developing shallow low off Dublin. The dewpoint is only 0.5 which would mean it would definitely fall as snow if it moves onto land. Though if it were to intensify further, I almost want the temperature at the M2 buoy to increase a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭dbyrne

met eireann have always been cautious about saying the word "snow" when it comes to anything but I was looking at yr.no and they had the temps come up slightly to 4 and 5 degrees but they change the weather every few hours so I would be not looking to far ahead as there was also talk a few days ago about the weather that is to bulid up in the english channel on wednesday that is supposed to bring us more snow, but the weather is all over the shop so I would look from day to day and just not plan any long journeys if possible to avoid them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Traditionally cautious yes but they have been saying snow constantly over the past few days. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Lady_North1

5214481766_2e45987aa2.jpg

5214478878_c58e8d55d6.jpg

Swords, north Dublin. Went for a walk. Freezing but lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Is it just me or is it strange to have a daytime temperature on the coast of -2 :confused: Not to mention the fact that its November.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Snowing here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

icicles.jpggeorge.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

The sun is getting a spot of heat into it now and there's a slight semi-thaw happening in Lucan wherever it gets to shine on something. Some car roofs are only half snow now, but around the corner it's still baltic...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Couple of pics from earlier

photo0141l.jpg

photo01430.jpg

Huge amount of snow falling right now but I'm too lazy to sort out more pics so these will do for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

The sun is getting a spot of heat into it now and there's a slight semi-thaw happening in Lucan wherever it gets to shine on something. Some car roofs are only half snow now, but around the corner it's still baltic...
    My car had some sun on it late morning and it thawed, now there is no sun on it, its frozen up again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Harps wrote: »
    Couple of pics from earlier

photo0141l.jpg

photo01430.jpg

Huge amount of snow falling right now but I'm too lazy to sort out more pics so these will do for now!

WOW.....just WOW:D

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

The radar shows snow building just off the coast of Dublin all morning...

When is going to make landfall?!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pp_me

The showers off the waterford coast seem to be on the way :)

Roads are attrocious into Arklow.
    I took the hill at elavon onto the coolgreaney road and was under pressure in low 4wd

Temp dropping here again
    peak was minus 0.6c
    now minus 0.9 so on target for the ice day.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Roads are attrocious into Arklow.
    I took the hill at elavon onto the coolgreaney road and was under pressure in low 4wd

Temp dropping here again
    peak was minus 0.6c
    now minus 0.9 so on target for the ice day.

Sounds muck BB - I wont chance it till I get the 4 x 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

The radar shows snow building just off the coast of Dublin all morning...

When is going to make landfall?!

As soon as the winds turn West/North West which is predicted for this evening, if I heard correctly.

Im assuming all schools in Lucan will still be opened tomorow? ANyone hear any school news. In the village last night the gardai were stopping people using the hill behind topaz. and the hill by St Josephs school.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

North of low seems to be intensifying. Run it fast on raintoday.

image1des.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭j1979p

Parts of the Royal canal around Dublin 15 are completely frozen. I tried to break it with a large rock but it just embedded into it. It's at least a few cm's thick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

A view to ESE past city. Stuff out over Irish sea.
    dsc04592i.jpg

A view N to Mourne mountains. Some bubbley stuff comin SW it seems.
    dsc04593f.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement