Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Thundersnow & Chat - 26/11/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

snow in north and west donegal

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

IvySlayer wrote: »
    As soon as the winds turn West/North West which is predicted for this evening, if I heard correctly.

You mean east/north east?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Anyone know what forecast is for WAterford for next few hours? Waterford wasn't mentioned on news.

Heading down there now and hoping to get there before anything more major happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pp_me

sillysocks wrote: »
    Anyone know what forecast is for WAterford for next few hours? Waterford wasn't mentioned on news.

Heading down there now and hoping to get there before anything more major happens.

I know very little about weather but im going to say snow very soon.
    The showers off the south coast if you watch sat24 have been exploding all morning and looking south out the window cloud cover is on the way.

Raintoday also has prcip coming towards us.

GAME ON.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

sillysocks wrote: »

looking at this , it may move in over waterford later possibly

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭squonk

It's partly cloudy here. I think the system out int he Irish sea is just touching land where I am. Looks nice and beefy out to sea but nothing here. The temps are rising here. Just hit 0.9 though I expect it'll start dropping again soon now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Any chance of some of that precipitation in the Irish sea hitting Meath?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

Can see something coming in from the sea now. Still clear here in donabate but definite drop in temp in the past little while.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

snaps wrote: »
    You mean east/north east?

Wherever. As long as its Dublin :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Looking out my attic window I can now see some clouds just out past dublin port, they look REALLY menacing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Tried to go out for a walk with himself to enjoy it but I was just slipping all over the place! Had to come back cause I was afraid I'd break his hand from squeezing too tight. Thats second pair of shoes I've found to be useless in the ice - what are ye all wearing out on your walks!?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Tried to go out for a walk with himself to enjoy it but I was just slipping all over the place! Had to come back cause I was afraid I'd break his hand from squeezing too tight. Thats second pair of shoes I've found to be useless in the ice - what are ye all wearing out on your walks!?

Go out with skis :D

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Jenroche

Doc Martens - Yer only man! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Simply amazing here now, still going more than an hour later!

Over 4 inches here now with more than half of that in the past hour. Its gotten lighter in the past 5 minutes but its still what I would have classed as 'heavy' a couple of hours ago. Google are reporting it as fog which must be because of the low visibility :D

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Go out with skis :D

the Lug boots are out today - have normal hiking ones & then have Lug hiking ones..... Savage, no slip sliding lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Those clouds that are skirting along the east coast look vicious from where I am on the coast, willing them to come onshore :pac:

Amazing to say that this winter is already a very memorable one and we are not even in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Jamie-b

Sunny and mild here in Wicklow town :( It's still very cold but the only snow is that left over from yesterday. I am praying for a blizzard but the weather forecasts are not very encouraging

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

The view from my living room this morning
    snowinnovember2.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭VeeEmmy

... - what are ye all wearing out on your walks!?

Wellies! :D

But seriously, Doc Martens or clunky safety shoes/hiking boots - something with chunky "treads."
    I'm down the country, so it's really wellies for me (but using Himself's with extra pairs of fuzzy sox!).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Wanted to share these, I am fascinated by them!

photo2.jpgphoto3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

Huggles wrote: »
    Wanted to share these, I am fascinated by them!

I reckon you could make a few bob from your icicle fascination. They could be an inspiration for a fab jewellery collection ! :D They do look amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

LOL! Some broke off earlier and nearly killed my poor Dad!
    jos28 wrote: »
    I reckon you could make a few bob from your icicle fascination. They could be an inspiration for a fab jewellery collection ! :D They do look amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭pswanto

I WANT SNOW! im in serious need of some taboganing!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Absolutley bucketing down here now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

jos28 wrote: »
    The view from my living room this morning
    snowinnovember2.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That is a gorgeous picture! A stunning winter wonderland! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

One long skinny horizonatal cloud just after appearing now at Ashtown, D7...

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Jamie-b

Pangea wrote: »
    Absolutley bucketing down here now :D

I am so jealous! Is it snowing at all in Leinster at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

Wellies! :D

But seriously, Doc Martens or clunky safety shoes/hiking boots - something with chunky "treads."
    I'm down the country, so it's really wellies for me (but using Himself's with extra pairs of fuzzy sox!).

I'm with you on the wellies, I bought a pair on Friday in anticipation of the snow and I've gotten great use out of them this morning taking photos!!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭pswanto

is there any snow in munster? btw is there any skiing or snowboarding in ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭outsourced_ire

pswanto wrote: »
    is there any snow in munster? btw is there any skiing or snowboarding in ireland?

None so far in the Waterford area anyway!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement