Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Thundersnow & Chat - 26/11/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

opr wrote: »
    Incoming plastering for Louth ?

Opr

hope so I'm just south of Dundalk and yet to see a flake of snow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

If this keeps coming like the way it looks to be on radar we're in for a nice couple of cm here. Snow lying on side streets here after only 40 mins of starting. Lake effect from Irish sea and a bit of lift from the mournes.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Dow99

Big dark clouds rolling into Nrt Co Dublin -- estimated time to Snow 15 mins I reckon :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

137010.jpg

Covering quickly now as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

Dow99 wrote: »
    Big dark clouds rolling into Nrt Co Dublin -- estimated time to Snow 15 mins I reckon :D:D

i dont have a good feeling - south dublin are going to miss this system. i guess we cant complain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Mayo Exile wrote: »
    Just started snowing here in Dundalk!

Yay! ^_^
    Wertz wrote: »
    If this keeps coming like the way it looks to be on radar we're in for a nice couple of cm here. Snow lying on side streets here after only 40 mins of starting. Lake effect from Irish sea and a bit of lift from the mournes.
    The road here was covered within 10 minutes, excellent. :pac:
    This is what it looks like out in Carlingford: http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs478.ash2/75104_464979406625_620771625_6218414_2308963_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

It might be a bit longer than that. ;) But I will be happy to be corrected.

A marked increase in wind in the past few mins as well.

inabina wrote: »
    i dont have a good feeling - south dublin are going to miss this system. i guess we cant complain.

Yeah, I just came from Dundrum this afternoon, you guys got your fair share last night compared to us!

Seems to be easing a bit over the last few minutes. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Yrag2E

your def not getting snow tonight..........

but seriously, give it a few hours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

amacachi wrote: »
    Seems to be easing a bit over the last few minutes. :(
    Least we got some, makes a change :)

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

We might get some before the night is over though? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Wertz wrote: »

System also seems to be very slow moving. Think about the amount of time it spent at sea before making land and seems to gathering beef all the time. Could be in for a right hammering!

Opr

Yeah, I just came from Dundrum this afternoon, you guys got your fair share last night compared to us!

ye we got a great dumping last night. i just want more.

*eadaoin wrote: »
    We might get some before the night is over though? :D

i hope so. we need an expert to make a call on this....will south dublin get any dumping before 7pm??

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Least we got some, makes a change :)

True dat, I worry when we get snow, because if we're getting snow the rest of the country must have a few feet of it. :pac:
    Just a quick question, is there any reason why we so rarely get snow here compared to just about everywhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

ye we got a great dumping last night. i just want more.
    me too. can never have enough snow. ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Looks like Dublin is going to miss out the snow this time, can see the big shower clouds off the coast here and they are getting further away not closer.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

kenmc wrote: »
    me too. can never have enough snow. ever.

i am very snow-greedy. i am trying to tell myself that the louth folks need some snow...but I want it instead:cool:

Can see those massive clouds from Lucan too. Big pink tinged massive yokes. Wish theyd blow this way more.

• Advertisement

Supercell wrote: »
    Looks like Dublin is going to miss out the snow this time, can see the big shower clouds off the coast here and they are getting further away not closer.

yes i am gutted. i will try now to focus on the low temps instead and try and take some satisfaction from my thermometer.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭barnacle

Looking at the met.ie, seeing that cloud coming closer to Meath is getting my hopes up, but I've a feeling it'll miss :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Supercell wrote: »

Really ? Think it should be here about 8 or 9 ? Maybe Im missing something .

137013.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

i am very snow-greedy. i am trying to tell myself that the louth folks need some snow...but I want it instead:cool:
    No they don't- they wouldn't appreciate it at all.

opr wrote: »
    System also seems to be very slow moving. Think about the amount of time it spent at sea before making land and seems to gathering beef all the time. Could be in for a right hammering!

Opr

From watching it on eumetsat it's spinning slightly north and west as it blows up. Most of the moisture seems to be getting drawn from the coast of n wales, so it could keep coming.
    Size of flakes has reduced here now but still snowing at same rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭carlmwan

Really ? Think it should be here about 8 or 9 ? Maybe Im missing something .

137013.jpg

What site is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

And we have SNOW in North County Dublin. Just beginning to waft down here; a light icing sugar dusting at the moment but I'm expecting it to increase. I'm told it has been snowing already in the Ardgillan area for the past while.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

carlmwan wrote: »
    What site is that?

raintoday.co.uk (premium version)

Eoineo wrote: »
    And we have SNOW in North County Dublin. Just beginning to waft down here; a light icing sugar dusting at the moment but I'm expecting it to increase. I'm told it has been snowing already in the Ardgillan area for the past while.

mmm,, I'm at Ardgillian and I can report no snow :(
    Where are you Eoineo?

• Advertisement

grauppel falling here now. Whole sky is brownish orange with reflected dusk light.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement