Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Thundersnow & Chat - 26/11/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭Speak Now

I can see very dark clouds at sea to my south east, very calm though so they won't be drifting in over us. Currently a bitter -4.1c.
    Sun tried it's best earlier but it never got above -1c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Wertz wrote: »
    Lower avenue rd. Back to grauppel again here now. still pretty persistent.

[edit] lol back to the heavy stuff again. From the looks of it on radar it hasn't even begun to snow in drogheda and it looks like we're getting at least another hour or two of what's coming down now...

Almost rain now here. Sigh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Dotsie~tmp wrote: »
    As sun went down the eastern anvil heads turned an intense pink. Only lasted a minute.

image1tf.jpg

What a picture!!!! Well done on capturing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Snowman10

Villain wrote: »
    -5.2c.

Highest Temp today was -2.7c!!

are you really sure carlow will not get any snow over the next 12 hrs dude?

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

Looks like it's gonna break up before it hits us here in meath! It has got cloudy but no snow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭carlmwan

amacachi wrote: »

Wat:confused::(:eek:confused: rain...god dam it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Snowman10 wrote: »
    are you really sure carlow will not get any snow over the next 12 hrs dude?
    Well this Low system is spinning all over the place but I don't think it will hit Carlow. It could change but at the moment I doubt it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

amacachi wrote: »

Stopped here now but I reckon it's a lull...a bit of a dry slot and then there's another band or secondary circulation.
    either way what's fallen will freeze now that the sun's gone.

Tea drinking weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

Snow for Greystones ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Made it home to Waterford.. M9 is fine until you hit Kilkenny and then its in a rotten state down towards Waterford.

I can see some dark clouds out to sea to the South East that seem to be creeping in a little bit.

Anyone else from Waterford keeping an eye on this? Id love to know what the experts here are thinking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Jamie-b

No snow in Wicklow town still- but all the snow on the ground is freezing an is very slippy. Not looking forward to the drive to work tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,416 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

ok guys you've had your fun can you turn the snow machines off now ! :D

really weird this afternoon temp jumped to 5.8c when it sterted snowing melted snow off the drive and cars (swept smow off earlier)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Back to steady falling graupell here now after that lull. Main rioad is looking dicey now never mind side streets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

So any snow for southern Meath/Dublin area???

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

anyone know whats the chances of some clouds/snow moving inland to the kilkenny/tipperary area later ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭okla

Sunset in Lusk Co Dublin looking north east at that cell in the irish sea :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

NIALL D wrote: »
    anyone know whats the chances of some clouds/snow moving inland to the kilkenny/tipperary area later ?????

I'm waiting on confirmation too, have to drive to Clonmel via some bad roads. Kilkenny got even more snow last night than the night before.
    Been lower than -2 all day. Was -7 at 10.30am :O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

-8.2 here already after a max of -1.7.

Textbook frost hollow effect here!

Last night we got a min of -9.2 but once any sort of wind got going cold pooling was abolished and temps shot back up to -4 after a few hours of -8/9.

Also very happy that there was zero thaw here today. This cold spell is atleast twice as good as last january.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭tubos

Did Anyone drive from Dublin to Athlone/Galway today or vice versa? How was the M50/M4/M6?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Lissoy

Snowing lightly for the past hour on the Meath coast. Just stopped but sticking.
    Still lots of clouds around though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

Davaeo09 wrote: »
    I'm waiting on confirmation too, have to drive to Clonmel via some bad roads. Kilkenny got even more snow last night than the night before.
    Been lower than -2 all day. Was -7 at 10.30am :O

yep its bitter all day in south tipp.. about 3-4cm fell last night, sun was out most of the day but didn melt anything really because it was so cold...
    roads are savage bad , jus checked and cars are only tippin along ....
    even hard to walk on there so slippy:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭mwrf

okla wrote: »

It's been sitting there all day it seems :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

down to -3 here and still dropping by the looks of it, no snow since 6 am, but at least the roads are clear ish

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭isle of man

some more from today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭Peckham

okla wrote: »

okla - where in Lusk was that taken? I live there too, and trying to figure it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭jimmy.d

Is that system south of arklow, heading north or south???? PLEASE HEAD IN THE ARKLOW DIRECTION :P lovely whiteout here already but more snow is always welcome :D

by the looks of it enniscorthy will get snow at 6ish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Any hope for south dublin for any snow ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wild handlin

picture.php?albumid=1384&pictureid=7982

Not much sign of any snow clouds....yet:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

I wonder how far north the clump off gorey will be dragged. It might hit north wicklow, possibly even dublin...if it doesn't collapse. The other stuff off dublin seems to be dissipating, although it wasn't ever moving in to dublin anyway, was being pulled up into the stream coming in to dundalk etc.

By the looks of the radar Dundalk should be getting some fairly decent falls at the moment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

I'm hoping we get even dusting of snow tonight/tomorrow morning, means I won't have to skate down to the Luas!:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement