Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Thundersnow & Chat - 26/11/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Snowing quite heavy here now on the North Wex coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

snowing here in monaghan town

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Redders825 wrote: »
    Hey all,

Planning on heading to Dublin tonight at around 8pm, what are the conditions on the N4 and M50 southbound like? thanks

If it snows, a disaster area. Check here and aaroadwatch before driving. The temperatures tonight coupled with refreezing snow are going to make some pretty atrocious road conditions in the SE

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Snowing here on Wexford coast.

Raintoday.co.uk spot on so with their prediction. Hopefully that blob off the south east coast will push on as predicted by raintoday.co.uk to Waterford with an arrival time of 8.15pm

More Live Stats and Webcam @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Oisin Meyer

I have a court sentencing date in the morning in Dublin. Do you think it will be canceled because of weather?
    (Please say yes..)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

If it's a SW wind, how is that system off the coast of Wexford moving in a NW direction??? :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

I HAVE A DAY OFF TOMORROW WOOHO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Dowdy20

Thunder & lightning here in Arklow at the moment!

can see blue lightning off in the distance here i assume its the same storm... anyone know which way its moving??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Snowing in Arklow with a nice bit of lightening :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

No Coincidience that Gerry Murphy has disappeared from our screens ,I think nacho is right , maybe he is having a breakdown!

Heres a sneachta pic from me earlier.
    1006462.th.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Jeez. They delayed the weather on RTE 1 for so stupid loan thing !!! Where are their priorities ?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 CuteOne

Flurry in Gorey

Irish are you still stuck in that hotel? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

Snowing quite heavy here now on the North Wex coast.
    no snow in wex town, where are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

There's defo been a few flashes of lightning and rumbles of thunder. What were the footpaths like down around the quay? Did you go near the main street?

footpaths are lethal :eek: no gritting done at all:mad: only went as far as tradwinds so dont know wat d main st is like:D the navvy hill is a no-go area cars, slidin back down:eek:

And here the snow again:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

I have a court sentencing date in the morning in Dublin. Do you think it will be canceled because of weather?
    (Please say yes..)

No :rolleyes:

Pangea wrote: »
    Irish are you still stuck in that hotel? :)

Nope back in Donegal since 3. Derry way more snow than here. Barnesmore Gap was passable too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Redders825

Supercell wrote: »
    If it snows, a disaster area. Check here and aaroadwatch before driving. The temperatures tonight coupled with refreezing snow are going to make some pretty atrocious road conditions in the SE

surely the main roads will be safe? are the county council guys out salting the roads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Can anyone tell me what the difference between snow and graupel is? It seems to be totally random as to what falls here, one shower is snow then the next graupel even if conditions are exactly the same

And on that note, persistent graupel here for 20 minutes or so, quite heavy at times but it doesnt really add much to the snow depth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp?ani=y

Click on view as animation and see how close North Dublin came to having snow at around 4pm before it dissappated.

• Advertisement

irish1967 wrote: »
    Nope back in Donegal since 3. Derry way more snow than here. Barnesmore Gap was passable too.
    I heard there wasnt much snow in Donegal town alright, was chatting to someone from there and they said it didnt snow at all today, and it was lashing snow down at me , theres more than 2 inches here ,a good depth.
    How much is up there?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Pastel_Princess

footpaths are lethal :eek: no gritting done at all:mad: only went as far as tradwinds so dont know wat d main st is like:D the navvy hill is a no-go area cars, slidin back down:eek:

And here the snow again:D

I can't get my car out of my drive so I have to walk to work in the morning, not looking forward to it at all. Will definitely be avoiding the navvy hill, knowing my luck I'll end up flat on my arse sliding down the thing LOL will stick to the wexford road and the main street.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

So Dublin's looking like having a cold night of clear skies?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Still No weather forecast on yet Brian still talking:mad::mad::mad:who cares about the country:eek: snow is much more important:pac::D lol

Ordered my weather thermometer on friday ,still hasnt been sent out, hopefully I will get it before this cold spell is over.
    P.S Man united vs liverpool in FA cup :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Still No weather forecast on yet Brian cowen still talking:mad::mad::mad:who cares about the country:eek: snow is much more important:pac::D lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Redders825 wrote: »
    surely the main roads will be safe? are the county council guys out salting the roads?

Not in wexfor anyway, county council dont work sundays. It's rare enough they work at all.

Even the main primary routes are a disgrace, county council should be held wholey responsible for any damage or injury caused by their incompitence.

Gritting/ploughing should be subcontracted, county councils can never be relied on for serious situations like this.:mad:

Rant over....

• Advertisement

Pangea wrote: »
    I heard there wasnt much snow in Donegal town alright, was chatting to someone from there and they said it didnt snow at all today, and it was lashing snow down at me , theres more than 2 inches here ,a good depth.
    How much is up there?

My grass is green and my Tarmac is black. I would say in total we have had less than an inch since this started.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement