Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Thundersnow & Chat - 26/11/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    No , air temp, thermother 5 ft off the ground, snow kept off it. Personal weather station.

Ennischorthy town road side station is - 7.4 and the arklow station was -9.8 before the showers arrived. All air temps.

-7.6 here between New Ross and Wexford. No snow yet but seems to be heading this way from radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 tonyrich1

fluffy snow falling for the last 30 mins inkilmuckridge wexford. we have had 5 inches so far since friday and very dark skys out there a t the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Light flurries again in Dundalk...some new stuff showing on radar to the south...might get a resurgence.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

That Arklow NRA station isn't correct AFAIK, its been recording 2c or 3c lower that it should be for a few months now

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Had the pleasure of driving from Enniscorthy to Wexford and back again.The N11 was ok but restricted to driving on a single clear track at 60kph max.Nice to see the town of Enniscorthy was left in it's usual treacherous state.How can a town with so many hills not be gritted? The temp on N11 at Crossabeg was -5c at 4.30pm.Is Co.Wexford due more snow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

Hooter23 wrote: »
    Still No weather forecast on yet Brian cowen still talking:mad::mad::mad:who cares about the country:eek: snow is much more important:pac::D lol

but we need a country to have snow? i wonder have 85BN snowflakes fallen this weekend????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

irish1967 wrote: »
    My grass is green and my Tarmac is black. I would say in total we have had less than an inch since this started.
    wow Im suprised yous got so little, I know a person near Mullaghmore and they have nothing , they never get snow!!!

Harps theres a shower of Grauphel here at the moment.
    Grauphel is very fine small balls of hail kinda, thats the best way I can describe it okay :pac: lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Hooter23 wrote: »
    Still No weather forecast on yet Brian cowen still talking:mad::mad::mad:who cares about the country:eek: snow is much more important:pac::D lol

Apparently a large unexpected depression has just opened up over the Kildare Street area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Im afraid we might be on the wrong side of marginal if the showers do come.

TEMP: -10.5
    DEWPOINT: -11.4

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

137071.jpg

137072.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

waiting on weather forecast and for our "mortgage negotiations" to finish, went investigating....

6695 (2191 members and 4504 guests) on boards in total!

602 in weather (179 members and 423 guests)

Well done boardsies......

Wait to see if more snow on the way later tonight.... temp -2.1

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭VeeEmmy

Soft, steady snow falling straight down just off N11 between Gorey & Ferns.

I wasn't expecting that! But I haven't been keeping up on threads here this evening as much as I should have. Evelyn didn't mention the Southeast! But I know if I REALLY want to know what to expect... come here.

I guess I won't be driving to Dublin tomorrow a.m.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Any word on schools/universities being opened or closed tomorrow or later this week? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Latest radar suggests a band may be forming again in the Irish sea, heading west fairly directly. If it kept that course, this one would def hit dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Any word on schools/universities being opened or closed tomorrow or later this week? :)

I would check local radio or their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Hundreds of schools Closed across Waterford, and south-east i heard

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Snowing Donegal Town. Light

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

inabina wrote: »
    but we need a country to have snow? i wonder have 85BN snowflakes fallen this weekend????

I'd take 85BN snowflakes over 85BN euro any day:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

RobitTV wrote: »
    Hundreds of schools Closed across Waterford, and south-east i heard

Fair few closed according to WLR not many open at all.

Recession kicking-in in Claremorris , No street lights!
    http://www.irishtrivia.com/clarecam.htm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Pangea wrote: »
    wow Im suprised yous got so little, I know a person near Mullaghmore and they have nothing , they never get snow!!!

Harps theres a shower of Grauphel here at the moment.
    Grauphel is very fine small balls of hail kinda, thats the best way I can describe it okay :pac: lol

Yeah I know what it is, just wondering what causes it? We had a light snow shower then the next shower is graupel even though the conditions havent really changed.

Also in other news, all schools in Letterkenny and the surrounding area have been closed for tomorrow, LYIT closed as well which gives me a three day weekend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

Please let it snow in Meath!!!!!!!!!

Haven't seen any since Friday night but we've still got a good covering. Had no thaw at all over the last 2 days but no snow either!!!

I want snow!!!

Any chance?!

Harps wrote: »
    Yeah I know what it is, just wondering what causes it? We had a light snow shower then the next shower is graupel even though the conditions havent really changed.

Also in other news, all schools in Letterkenny and the surrounding area have been closed for tomorrow, LYIT closed as well which gives me a three day weekend :D
    Sweet , good work. I had a snow day there in March 2-3 years ago!

Pangea wrote: »
    Recession kicking-in in Claremorris , No street lights!
    http://www.irishtrivia.com/clarecam.htm

Lol the ESB Have ran out of Money

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

snowing here in wex town ;)

irish147 wrote: »
    snowing here in wex town ;)

Yay, so That means its not far from Us now

Snowing moderatly here now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

-6.0 here in North Cork :o

Yet no snow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 35 J1

In South Cork and HAVE to travel to North Wicklow tomorrow. At the moment it's cold here but there is no sign of snow at all but family tell me Wicklow is bad, schools closed tomorrow etc. Really worried about the journey tomorrow hope the main roads will be OK.:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

RobitTV wrote: »
    Yay, so That means its not far from Us now

30 mins away i think, it should last about an hour and will be moderate to heavy so should top up levels nicely.

Check it live as it happens at www.waterfordcityweather.com

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement