Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Thundersnow & Chat - 26/11/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Light snow just after clearing, no more showers due any time soon unless that band currently over Northern England maganes to make its way over here.

If not then I still cant complain, its been an epic day of snow, most I've ever seen in the town and its not gone above zero degrees all day so nothings going to be melting

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Snowing heavy in Wexford town now!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Fierce foggy in West Limerick, and -4 degrees :(

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

joes girls wrote: »
    Snowing heavy in Wexford town now!!!:)
    Wex is nice and white again :) wooohoooo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Is the end of days near???? Evelyn appeared on the telly for the forecast, she mentioned -11c and my weather station reader fell off the wall!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Brilliant forecast by EVE :D... except for those sleet symbols instead of snow!

:D
    -11 o C on wed, thurs! BRING IT ON!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 donovane1

Just wondering if any one knows what the roads are like round tralee? Heard tralee got some snow last night but any updates would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

snow please come to laois

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

I predict snow in Dublin circa 2 hours time!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Swear i just saw a flash of lightning, very very heavy now, was only out 15 mins ago and all foot prints are total covered again, it's bloody freezing out there. Think i need to take more pictures:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭okla

Peckham wrote: »
    okla - where in Lusk was that taken? I live there too, and trying to figure it out!

I live in Chapel Farm. The pic was taken just near the playground there.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

joes girls wrote: »
    Swear i just saw a flash of lightning, very very heavy now, was only out 15 mins ago and all foot prints are total covered again, it's bloody freezing out there. Think i need to take more pictures:)
    i took some pics from the window..... i must go back to the beach tomorrow--- was in rosslare today-- nice not too cold :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Raintoday.co.uk changing the track of the shower that is hitting Wexford town now. More NW direction which means it might miss us here noooooooo :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭2manyconditions

snow please come to laois

you can have it, the one weekend I wanted to move, fing snow - this is bull s***, bring back the south westerlies

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

- 4.6 on the Bray bypass - Trogs all time record is -3.5 & its only 7pm - in for a cold , snowy one me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

This is from about 3:45pm today. Nice build up of cloud. From Ballyfermot looking NW towards the Phoenix park.

77129_166815736692089_100000909917150_348706_1225399_n.jpg

40 mins later and then it all went south when the sun went down. Totally clear skies now

155333_166815783358751_100000909917150_348707_1450583_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 antobrien32

Snowing heavily in Arklow..........

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

Loads of snow falling in Arklow now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Raintoday.co.uk changing the track of the shower that is hitting Wexford town now. More NW direction which means it might miss us here noooooooo :mad:

Dam it!!!! Nooo plz plz plz

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

6 Inches of snow in Churchill, Donegal.

About 2 inches here. I'd say ½ inch today. Snowed lightly here but persistently for well over an hour.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 saxo_vtr

Very cold here in Portlaoise! We've seen about 2 inches on snow so far.. None at all today! Really hoping for a fresh coating tonight, any predictions for laois and midlands for tonight/tomorrow??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

donovane1 wrote: »
    Just wondering if any one knows what the roads are like round tralee? Heard tralee got some snow last night but any updates would be great!

I was in Tralee today, the roads out towards the Manor are okay, I had no trouble (I was in a bus). I understand the CC are treating the roads..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Loads of snow falling in Arklow now :D

i demand snow in ashford now!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

lucy2010 wrote: »
    - 4.6 on the Bray bypass - Trogs all time record is -3.5 & its only 7pm - in for a cold , snowy one me thinks

Yep, and that record was only set this morning!!:pac: Already -3.1C and falling fairly fast though so i expect that to be broken again this evening:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Small streamer coming into dublin soon, could give a half hour of snow if it keeps its strength.. Hopefully as far as finglas! :D....Gettin my layers ready to head out! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Few pics from the cameras on my house in Arklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭jimmy.d

snowing in enniscorthy now:D

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

trogdor wrote: »
    Yep, and that record was only set this morning!!:pac: Already -3.1C and falling fairly fast though so i expect that to be broken again this evening:)

Will the snow coming in effect it ??

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

Snowing in tinahely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

Snowing in wicklow just out side the town its going to be fun trying to get to bray in the morning should only take 30min my record is 1h 40m might break it tomorrow mornig

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement