Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Forecasts and Synoptic Forecast Discussion - 26/11/1020 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Iancar29 wrote: »
    That doesnt show up anything for me, no radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭isle of man

we are sitting at -5 at the moment,
    frost is all we have and vary vary dry.
    it is quite nice out there to be honest.

what times it ment to be the coldest part of the night, i seam to remember it being from around 3am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

what times it ment to be the coldest part of the night, i seam to remember it being from around 3am
    at this time of year i would say around 5-6am isleofman

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭thomasj

Isleofman, any sightings of any of the fireworks over the Irish sea last night on the island? Or associated snow?

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭isle of man

i may have to set my alarm and get up early and head up to the north of the island.
    see if i can beat the -9 we had last year.
    the temp dropped 4c in about 3mile, dropping in to a hole

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    uksnowrisk.png

Do that mean we getting snow in Cork :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Pangea wrote: »
    That doesnt show up anything for me, no radar.

U mustnt have flash or quicktime thats runs the radar sequence.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Latest NAE doesn't fill me with confidence for my locale.

Think it's gonna be a Wicklow coast and Wexford thing again!

Dunlaoghaire to get a pounding again from midnight?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

lads, from what I remember, the first flashes of lightning started around 1am last night ( in Dublin 14 ) and continued to about 9am a least. Would that be the longest t storm in irish history or is there any such records - I never remember one going on that long before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭thomasj

Latest NAE doesn't fill me with confidence for my locale.

Think it's gonna be a Wicklow coast and Wexford thing again!

Dunlaoghaire to get a pounding again from midnight?

Any idea weathercheck if there are any possible cbs in that system heading in, and like last night could it be seen all over Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I have this feeling that parts of Wicklow, Wexford and Kilkenny could have anything from 6 to 15 inchs of snow come Tuesday. They are gonna get plastered for the next few hours and similiar events will propably happen tomorrow with Louth, Meath and the northern half of Dublin only getting the odd shower every now and then. There needs to be a serious wind shift to the east to break this pattern.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Gonzo wrote: »
    I have this feeling that parts of Wicklow, Wexford and Kilkenny could have anything from 6 to 15 inchs of snow come Tuesday. They are gonna get plastered for the next few hours and similiar events will propably happen tomorrow with Louth, Meath and the northern half of Dublin only getting the odd shower every now and then. There needs to be a serious wind shift to the east to break this pattern.

what about south dublin?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

South Dublin is bound to do a bit better than meath and north dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Gonzo wrote: »
    South Dublin is bound to do a bit better than meath and north dublin.

hopefully! we never get the cover wicklow etc get

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

-9.3c here now:eek: , compared to a min of -2.1 last night.

I'm in a pronounced valley so im prob getting an extreme mix of frost hollow effect and the blanket of snow dragging temps down.

The thing with frost hollow is that when any winds arrive the temps will probaly equalise.

Some very heavy snow moving into NW
    http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    -9.3c here now:eek: , compared to a min of -2.1 last night.

I'm in a pronounced valley so im prob getting an extreme mix of frost hollow effect and the blanket of snow dragging temps down.

The thing with frost hollow is that when any winds arrive the temps will probaly equalise.

BRRRRRR.... ! haha :D

Judging by the radar, dublin will get hit soon, us and wicklow to miss out:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Vizual Pics

Some very heavy snow moving into NW
    http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/

Alot of precip has showed up on radar Wolf over Mayo and sems to have just passed over, very mild here at the moment, hovering just above Odeg C and DP of around the same...Im not confident of much snow tonight in the west even though its showing up on radar...

Iancar29 wrote: »
    BRRRRRR.... ! haha :D

A bit uncorfomtable out there now, taking a breath results in a burning feeling from nostril to lung, lol.

Just saw met eireann forecasting below -10 on the late forcast, they must have read my post!

EDIT: Temp has risen to -8.9, must be a major thaw on the way!

• Advertisement

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    A bit uncorfomtable out there now, taking a breath results in a burning feeling from nostril to lung, lol.

Just saw met eireann forecasting below -10 on the late forcast, they must have read my post!

ye i know what it feels like... in the backstores freezers in work , they go down to -25 . Nice place to go when have a headache and wanna cool down ha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

snowing lightly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Ministerofwar

Any idea if Dublin 15 will see anymore snow tonight?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Alot of precip has showed up on radar Wolf over Mayo and sems to have just passed over, very mild here at the moment, hovering just above Odeg C and DP of around the same...Im not confident of much snow tonight in the west even though its showing up on radar...

yeah it looks to be done here too. the erris peninsula looks to be getting a pasting right now. well, i've had a lot of snow over the last couple of days, so i can't complain:D

yes, snow is heading in a sw direction so it will hit NW Mayo only it appears. Donegal will see light snow showers on and off until....well indefintely the way things are going.

As for the potential of snow in Cork City, the latest HIRLAM is still indicating that snow will fall along the south coast tomorrow night. Leahyl and her snow starved Corkonian pals hopefully will see some snow
    http://www.dmi.dk/dmi/index/danmark/vejrkort.htm
    click on nedbor

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

north county dublin seem to be getting a battering at the moment!!!

LIVE BLOG for Saturday now complete.
    http://www.irishweatheronline.com/2010/11/live-blog-cold-spell-november-2010.html

Blogs from Friday and Thursday also on that page. Thanks again to all the boardsies who helped out.

Wolfe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Got a moderate shower of snow this evening, and now its pretty clear and cold out there. Looking at the radar, there might be a chance of a shower clipping us again later in the night. Dingle peninsula must have gotten plastered today, with the train of showers that passed over it today, i might have to have a closer look tomorrow..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

LIVE BLOG for Saturday now complete.
    http://www.irishweatheronline.com/2010/11/live-blog-cold-spell-november-2010.html

Blogs from Friday and Thursday also on that page. Thanks again to all the boardsies who helped out.

Wolfe

Excellent Stuff Wolfe, cheers for putting my Waterford clip on there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    north county dublin seem to be getting a battering at the moment!!!
    coming down heavy were i am aswell :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement