Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Forecasts and Synoptic Forecast Discussion - 26/11/1020 onwards

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Just to say that Sky News weather were on the ball yesterday afternoon when they showed a small circulation/low pressure in the Irish Sea for this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,847 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    BBC is not reliable....never was. Stick with met.ie - Irish weather stations for Irish weather. They were forcesating some snow for London yesterday and it was 5 degrees there and not a flake...rarely snows in that city anyway.

i'd have to disagree. i find it fairly reliable overall. for instance the snow i got late yesterday afternoon was shown on their precipitation radar. evelyn's precipitation map on the afternoon forecast just showed precipitation for the north west and south east, yet, as well as snow in the west, the midlands got their first bit of snow yesterday afternoon

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

things are still dry and sunny in meath, radar does not look good for here either with all the snow showers diverted southwestwards over Dublin, Wicklow, Wexford once again in the firing line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Low system developing off east coast. From sat24.com (10.30am-11.45pm)
    a35fb5c15ef3436ef6161af0facb83cf.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Get your coats on people.

136952.JPG

Could be a white out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,502 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

What time would that be expected to hit, redsunset?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Any chance of us seeing any showers this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭AfterDusk

What time would that be expected to hit, redsunset?
    redsunset wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 16,847 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

136952.JPG

Could be a white out.

do you still fear this blocking greenland high might be a waste;)

THAT SYSTEM IN IRISH SEA IS REALLY WINDING UP

they will need an orange rugby ball!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,502 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Woops missed that, thanks neil2304!

I have to make my way back up to Sandymount this evening . . . should be fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

WolfeIRE wrote: »

how likely is this to hit county meath

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Timistry

Whats the cause of this lP? Upper level divergence, convection or orographic effects? Dont think i have ever seen a LP form out of the blue like this

how likely is this to hit county meath
    not sure yet BDC. This sytem is not giving away too many clues regarding its path, suffice to say it will hit coastal counties (including east meath). My guess is that it will hit all of meath adn will track wsw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Cassidy28

Clouds getting very dark along east coast of,we could be in for a big dumping of snow later:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

136952.JPG

Could be a white out.

Just look at that low wind itself up east of Dublin. Looks great on Raintoday. Even looks like it has formed an eye in the past half hour or so :)

not sure yet BDC. This sytem is not giving away too many clues regarding its path, suffice to say it will hit coastal counties (including east meath). My guess is that it will hit all of meath adn will track wsw

thanks, thats good enough for me. not much snow in north meath, could do with some

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

so far im not confident of this hitting much of meath, looking at rain radar it seems to be curling up and moving direct south westwards towards Dublin and should miss most of meath and louth leaving us in another afternoon of unbroken sunshine. The more south east you are in meath the better chance you have. Some snow may clip were I am, but im not expecting to be plastered.

just looking at that low now, looks like it will miss meath, south east looks favourite for it if it arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Gonzo wrote: »
    so far im not confident of this hitting much of meath, looking at rain radar it seems to be curling up and moving direct south westwards towards Dublin and should miss most of meath and louth leaving us in another afternoon of unbroken sunshine. The more south east you are in meath the better chance you have. Some snow may clip were I am, but im not expecting to be plastered.
    just looking at that low now, looks like it will miss meath, south east looks favourite for it if it arrives.

No expert lads but if that low continues to develop then nowhere is safe. Its only forming at the moment and will be while before we can begin to comment on the extent of the damage it could cause and where.

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Arkla bypass supposidly closed - quote " te Ma"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

any chance of some snow for limerick /n.tipp ? Got a very little dusting last night. 0.7C here right now with blue skys and sun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Derfil

What's the thoughts on where that low is going and timelines? Bring it on baby is what I say!

just been outside, weather seems to have changed here in north meath in last 10mins, wind has picked up maybe swung north easterly and to the east dark clouds with white tops have formed on the horizon, hopefully they head this way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Seems to be heading directly for us at the moment :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Was it just me or did the farming forecast go AWOL today??

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Yrag2E

is this a very visible eye?

WEB_radar_201011281000.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Yrag2E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

just been outside, weather seems to have changed here in north meath in last 10mins, wind has picked up maybe swung north easterly and to the east dark clouds with white tops have formed on the horizon, hopefully they head this way.

Pure sign of it approaching

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭linguist

Just got a text to say it's snowing again in Skerries.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement