Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Forecasts and Synoptic Forecast Discussion - 26/11/1020 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Pangea wrote: »
    Was it just me or did the farming forecast go AWOL today??

gerry murphy couldn't go on air because he has had a breakdown due to all the snow

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭piskins72

Was it just me or did the farming forecast go AWOL today??

its on in a few mins :) I have been waiting for it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Just heard the farming forecast is on after the news ,it was meant to be at 12.30. hmm.
    There Must be so much snow expected they have to think how they are gona break it to us. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

redsunset wrote: »
    Pure sign of it approaching

hopefully, right i'm outta here for a while, newcastle v chelsea and then spurs v the mighty reds on tv, hope there'll be snow before the end of it, happy weather watching folks!!

hopefully, right i'm outta here for a while, newcastle v chelsea and then spurs v the mighty reds on tv, hope there'll be snow before the end of it, happy weather watching folks!!

and hopefully Liverpool win!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭outsourced_ire

and hopefully Liverpool win!

I second that!!

Does anyone have any ideas about Cork? Think we'll get hit with much?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Ive just after realising that despite all of the sunshine of today and yesterday, the temperature outside right now is a shocking -5C and it's 1pm in the afternoon and were still in November. Even during the height of last year's cold spell the temperatures during the day where not this low.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Nice line of cb's to my south, seems to be getting closer too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Looks like those showers are going spin back into the Irish Sea unless the system moves West

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

http://www.sat24.com/homepage.aspx?html=zoom&xas=180&yas=180

You can just about see the start of rotation.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

Gonzo wrote: »
    Ive just after realising that despite all of the sunshine of today and yesterday, the temperature outside right now is a shocking -5C and it's 1pm in the afternoon and were still in November. Even during the height of last year's cold spell the temperatures during the day where not this low.

Thats whats bothering me, driving conditions are going to be shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Cork looks like it could get a pasting around 4-5pm.
    Watch the radar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

Thats the best EVER FARMING FORECAST i,ve seen. The last time i saw weather forecast like that was on a land drilling oil platform in northern ALBERTA CANADA...in January!!!!

Go figure :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

An Historic Forecast from Evelyn, what a forecast. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Oh no missed it!! WHat did she say?? Any mention of Cork???!!!:D This is so freaking exciting! You guys are the best!

That's why Evelyn Cusack had to replace Gerry Murphy at the last minute:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Defcol

Really looks like that system in the Irish Sea is beefing up! Lots of streamers coming of the Isle Of Man too. We may yet get something out of this!

leahyl wrote: »
    Oh no missed it!! WHat did she say?? Any mention of Cork???!!!:D This is so freaking exciting! You guys are the best!

Just saw the following tweet from @iweatheronline:

Snow due to push into Cork and Waterford in the next 2-3 hrs. http://bit.ly/8qxDtN

Just saw the following tweet from @iweatheronline:

woohoo!! Thanks a mil! And would this be fairly reliable??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

So lads anyone tell me what carlow region can expect? Seem to be only area that did not get snow last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Any hope of Limerick getting some snow at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Kippure wrote: »
    Thats the best EVER FARMING FORECAST i,ve seen. The last time i saw weather forecast like that was on a land drilling oil platform in northern ALBERTA CANADA...in January!!!!

I missed it - give us a run down..:D

just one other thing that system mentioned for Friday will not be all rain. unless there is a huge change between now and then. so assuming there's not, it may be a snow to rain event for many, but i'd be confident that in some places well inland it could stay as snow

leahyl wrote: »
    woohoo!! Thanks a mil! And would this be fairly reliable??

God I hope so ;-)

The link they tweeted was from http://www.sat24.com/gb..take a look and you can see the cloud mass heading towards Cork.

What about that model that WolfeIRE showed us earlier for Wednesday?? Looked seriously good for Cork! I suppose it has been downgraded by now or if not it prob will be between now and Wednesday...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Kippure wrote: »

Why was it so good? I missed it.

God I hope so ;-)

The link they tweeted was from http://www.sat24.com/gb..take a look and you can see the cloud mass heading towards Cork.

Just had a look at it on the met eireann radar then and wow it looks like a monster! (by Corks standards anyway!) And there's some pink in it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Hey Guys

Looking at the low and how it is moving do you think Naas could see something out of this ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

Wow! That really was a mad forecast for nov. :eek:
    I loved the way on the news report they said the "bad" weather could last a while, Anyone here seen any "bad" weather lately?? :D
    We should all give our sympathies to those people who only like warm sunny summer conditions. ;)

Some lovely CB hanging just off the coast here, come on in you are expected and welcome. :D

• Advertisement

Sorry if this has already been answered, what time are those snow showers in the Irish Sea due to hit Dublin.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement