Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Forecasts and Synoptic Forecast Discussion - 26/11/1020 onwards

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

leahyl wrote: »
    Kilkenny always gets the best of every kind of weather! Ye get the hottest temperatures in the summer and the coldest in the winter along with the most sun and most snow - it always seems that way anyway! Ye must be well situated!

Honestly, we get hot and cold, but we never get storms EVER and snow is really very rare, january and now are the only times in my lifetime we've had snow that you could pick up and lasted more than an hour. The city and north of the county usually do better in snow but not this tim!! :D Good luck with getting some snow during the week anyway!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭TheMutations

OMG are you serious?! This is getting disappointing again....:(

When it comes to snow in Cork I always expect the worst and hope for the best. Been let down so many times in the past. Still tough, clouds are starting to build to the south east of my location, so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Pangea wrote: »
    Nacho stop being so negative!
    You said the same about last winter that we would never see anything like it again and low and behold we have it again 10 months later!

well put it this way if we get another November like this i'll do cartwheels down o'connell st.

cue you resurrecting this thread next year:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

emo72 wrote: »
    http://www.rte.ie/news/

watch the weather here. its after the news....duuuh:D

Only has video of the news at one, farming forecast wasnt in that clip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Only has video of the news at one, farming forecast wasnt in that clip.

Watch the news now channel online or on digital, it'll be on at the end of the news on that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Met Eireann confirms lowest ever November temp in Ireland was recorded last night (-9.1C in Casement). Beats -7.2C in 1952.

Just saw the farming forecast replayed on NewsNow, unbelievable!! lots of snow forecast during the week, and a great big -10 bang over me for thursday night . . .so much for ME being conservative . . .geryy murphy is probably a gibbering mess at this stage . . .:D

How does it look for the southeast for the week? I missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

When it comes to snow in Cork I always expect the worst and hope for the best. Been let down so many times in the past. Still tough, clouds are starting to build to the south east of my location, so fingers crossed.

I'm in the mayfield area and it's still blinding sun here so hopefully it'll be getting dark by the time the snow (if any) comes! I can see some clouds though beginning to roll in:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

well put it this way if we get another November like this i'll do cartwheels down o'connell st.

cue you resurrecting this thread next year:pac:
    You focus too much on the future you should be doing cartwheels down o'connell st. now!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Looking at sat, looks like it could be game on for Cork! http://www.sat24.com/gb

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

Looks like it should be hitting Youghal area as we speak. Anybody confirm snow south Waterford?

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Looking at sat, looks like it could be game on for Cork! http://www.sat24.com/gb

When you say Cork now do you mean the whole county now? Cos Cork is a BIIIG county!! (PLEASE say yes!)

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭GavinH

I just went up to the top floor of the my place of employment, close to Ballincollig, Cork Looking south I can see some huge dark clouds. :)

GavinH wrote: »
    I just went up to the top floor of the my place of employment, close to Ballincollig, Cork Looking south I can see some huge dark clouds. :)

Ballincollig is city - that'll do me!:D We're getting snow....YAAAAY!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

almighty1 wrote: »
    Looks like it should be hitting Youghal area as we speak. Anybody confirm snow south Waterford?

not yet but the cloud appears to be building off to the south, sky is much greyer.

Saw the forecast there. Haha, amazing forecast at the best of times, but considering it's still November that makes it incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Just watched the forecast by Evelyn .. parting words.... "Freezing artic conditions persisting over the country so do enj .... take care if you're out and about" :D:D:D Classic Evelyn

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Rougies wrote: »
    Just watched the forecast by Evelyn .. parting words.... "Freezing artic conditions persisting over the country so do enj .... take care" :D:D:D Classic Evelyn
    haha i noticed that myself :D:D:D

"Freezing artic conditions persisting over the country so do enj .... take care if you're out and about" :D:D:D Classic Evelyn

haha that's brilliant - she was prob thinking of us boardsies when she slipped up there! hehe:p I love Evelyn!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

This circulation off the Cork/Waterford coast is not certain to make landfall. It could easily spin away southwest.
    One to watch, but by no means certain!!

• Advertisement

This circulation off the Cork/Waterford coast is not certain to make landfall. It could easily spin away southwest.
    One to watch, but by no means certain!!

Silence!

Snow will make landfall. I am certain

Snow clouds south of Waterford will push NW over east Waterford, Cork and Kerry this evening and overnight before retreating SW. Cloud off east coast will tract WSW this afternoon and evening. Snow over Donegal will track SW
    image.ashx.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

haha that's brilliant - she was prob thinking of us boardsies when she slipped up there! hehe:p I love Evelyn!

Gerry Murphy must be in a padded room by now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Bring snow to Cork.I've a test tomorrow :(

Gerry Murphy must be in a padded room by now :D

Seriously Gerry Murphy needs to up his game!!:D

snow accumulations in cork/kerry will match those seen in dublin overnight 3-5cm or so.

this leaves my own clare and county limerick still awaiting their first snow. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

Looks like that system is beginning to disperse

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    snow accumulations in cork/kerry will match those seen in dublin overnight 3-5cm or so.

this leaves my own clare and county limerick still awaiting their first snow. :(

aaaww WolfeIRE you definitely deserve your snow after all your great forecasting for everyone else;)!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

WolfeIRE wrote: »

I wouldn't be as sure, the radar has it spinning southwest slightly
    I agree a great chance, but not certain for Cork!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭GavinH

Ok I know its not a great photo, but this is the situation south of me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement