Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Forecasts and Synoptic Forecast Discussion - 26/11/1020 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Is this a slow moving front? How long before it hits land do you think? I hate to say it but i think JanuarySnowstor may be right - it seems to be moving away from land now!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

its not moving away. may take another few hrs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

Looking at the Met Eireann animated radar sequence up to 2pm, south Louth and Meath may see something later.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Mayo Exile wrote: »
    Looking at the Met Eireann animated radar sequence up to 2pm, south Louth and Meath may see something later.

Yeah, Dundalk looks like its in the path of it

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭outsourced_ire

GavinH wrote: »
    Ok I know its not a great photo, but this is the situation south of me.

Cheers Gav, certainly looks like the clouds are building up alright!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭TheMutations

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    its not moving away. may take another few hrs.

The HIRLAM model shows it coming ashore about 14.00 hours and reaching the city area by about 17.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

no its not

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

will this snow hit meath? ive no idea anymore just checked and it seems to be looking more positive but also it seems to have a mind of it's own just spiraling over and over out in the sea. It appears as if it's heading back towards the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Slimity

M2 buoy at 2.00pm has the winds westerly.

Is this expected to change later? If it doesn't that shower system is going to drift out into the irish sea.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Looking East from Enniscorthy-big bank of dark cloud moving nearer,had bright blue skies all day but reckon more snow isn't far off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Pretty sure that precip off the south coast will miss me, but after seeing that farming forecast I am sure we could see more snow down here in the coming days.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

this leaves my own clare and county limerick still awaiting their first snow. :(

we had snow on Friday in East Clare - just a covering, but it's still there...frozen.

If it's any consolation, in the past half hour I've started another banging headache and the clear skies of earlier have come in very misty up this bit of the mountain....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Slimity wrote: »

Is this expected to change later? If it doesn't that shower system is going to drift out into the irish sea.:(
    yeah not looking too good
    vind_nordeuro-3.gif

It looks like theres a little low in the irish sea and those showers are circulating around it.
    The low appears to be moving northwestwards.
    The circulation at it's most southerly point is just south of holy head and at it's northerly point just north of carlingford.

The trajectory would take those showers into maybe north Dublin,but certainly louth,meath and west meath and if it stays intact,on into cavan and eventually exit the state around sligo.
    So a pasting in the offing for all on that route including Navan I think.

The low is why the winds at the m2 are west.
    The upper movement though is east if not south east by the looks of the radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭JFKIRELAND

Wind is East here in D5 @2.5 kts. Temp is dropping 0.9c at the moment and DP is -1.7c.

Correction wind just swung to the West as I write!!

Goddamn weather

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Lads its a circulation spinning anticlockwise thats why the westerly .

Should hit land just North of Dublin but i think a good band will reach alot of Dublin,Parts of Meath in its sights too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Down to -1.5 here now, fog down too, hasnt gotten above 0 all day . . .

137004.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭John2009

Camera battery fully charged, tripod set-up and ready to go, bring it on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

That bit of weather coming off the irish sea should reach me very soon. I can see a huge wall of white moving slow from my north east

hangovers and typing:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Camera battery fully charged, tripod set-up and ready to go, bring it on
    ........that reminds of the old Kit-Kat add, (photographer waiting for dancing pandas), whatever you do don't 'take a break' !!! :p:D

137004.gif

God DAMN that looks like a BEAST!!! :D

the sat24 satellite illustrates everyhting excellently
    http://www.sat24.com/Region.aspx?country=gb&sat=vis&type=loop

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Slimity

the sat24 satellite illustrates everyhting excellently
    http://www.sat24.com/Region.aspx?country=gb&sat=vis&type=loop

Looking at that Wolfe would it be right to suggest that in the next few hours that system in the Irish sea will come onshore and effect Louth, Meath, Dublin, Wicklow and Wexford?

Looking at that Wolfe would it be right to suggest that in the next few hours that system in the Irish sea will come onshore and effect Louth, Meath, Dublin, Wicklow and Wexford?
    Yes slimity. unless of course the system aprroaching cork tot he south extends further north than is anticipated. If it did then precip in east would not move as far inland. I cannot see the the south system tracking much further than north cork before it slides away sw so your assumption is probably about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Betty-ireland

How are things looking for Carlow? We got a good bit of snow yesterday but nothing since about 1pm :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

How are things looking for Carlow? We got a good bit of snow yesterday but nothing since about 1pm :(
    Don't expect anything to reach Carlow Today, Monday night and Tuesday could be interesting though!

How's it looking for Wednesday at the mo? Esp Cork? Is it still looking like we could get a pasting?:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

It looks like theres a little low in the irish sea and those showers are circulating around it.
    The low appears to be moving northwestwards.
    The circulation at it's most southerly point is just south of holy head and at it's northerly point just north of carlingford.

The trajectory would take those showers into maybe north Dublin,but certainly louth,meath and west meath and if it stays intact,on into cavan and eventually exit the state around sligo.
    So a pasting in the offing for all on that route including Navan I think.

The low is why the winds at the m2 are west.
    The upper movement though is east if not south east by the looks of the radar.

Thats a VERY optimistic look! I wish it were so. I reckon it'll die at Meath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

looking at the sequence in this radar, i really cant see anything for south dublin for a good while yet if at all, from this system.

i hope i am wrong!

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement