Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Forecasts and Synoptic Forecast Discussion - 26/11/1020 onwards

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Snowman10

very heavy fog in Carlow town now, visibility down to 100m

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

inabina wrote: »
    looking at the sequence in this radar, i really cant see anything for south dublin for a good while yet if at all, from this system.

i hope i am wrong!

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Cork looks to be in the firing line there - if it keeps moving the right way!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

inabina wrote: »
    looking at the sequence in this radar, i really cant see anything for south dublin for a good while yet if at all, from this system.

i hope i am wrong!

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Ah no :( is that the end of the "snow" for us !! typical.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

Heyes wrote: »

i really felt like getting a good pasting on a lazy sunday afternoon! enjoy it further north folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Yrag2E

Heyes wrote: »

haha, you might still see some in the coming hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Yrag2E wrote: »
    haha, you might still see some in the coming hours.

Can only hope ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Snowman10 wrote: »
    very heavy fog in Carlow town now, visibility down to 100m

Yep im not too far from you and also experiencing dense freezing fog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

that snow system to the south is growing in size. serious dumping of snow for cork and kerry on the way

http://www.sat24.com/Region.aspx?country=gb&sat=vis&type=loop

137014.png

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

I love your confidence Wolfe, 3 hour met forecast still shows it off the coast till 6pm, fingers crossed:D
    WolfeIRE wrote: »
    that snow system to the south is growing in size. serious dumping of snow for cork and kerry on the way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

how will Waterford be fixed?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

amazing how things have changed in such a short space of time, snow to batter cork, kerry and the Irish sea showers are now for louth and Northern Ireland. Looks like its game over for meath, dublin, wicklow for now. Good to see other area's getting snow, but meath lose's out yet again!!

I love your confidence Wolfe, 3 hour met forecast still shows it off the coast till 6pm, fingers crossed:D
    wait for it to swing northwest.

you lucky rebels ye! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Have had a quick glance through the last few pages. I'm in Dunshaughlin, Co Meath. So more snow is looking likely for us today?

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Timistry

where abouts in kerry are you from? Im from kenmare myself but living in oz. Watching this event as if i was at home, the only difference is that im not hanging out the window! Im heading home for xmas so hopefully it can keep it up until then!

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

The wait continues in Limerick for some snow :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Gonzo wrote: »
    amazing how things have changed in such a short space of time, snow to batter cork, kerry and the Irish sea showers are now for louth and Northern Ireland. Looks like its game over for meath, dublin, wicklow for now. Good to see other area's getting snow, but meath lose's out yet again!!

I think meath is going to get it in the next few hours , well that what raintoday is showing

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Have had a quick glance through the last few pages. I'm in Dunshaughlin, Co Meath. So more snow is looking likely for us today?

highly unlikely, we may see the odd flurry in the wind, other than that a clear stary night, but then again seeing how things have changed over the past 90 minutes anything is possible.

wait for it to swing northwest.

you lucky rebels ye! :)

You are my favourite forecaster Wolfe!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Have my doubts the snow will reach as far north as where I am. As January snow says it appears to be swirling south west but I have faith in you Wolfe!

• Advertisement

Timistry wrote: »
    where abouts in kerry are you from? Im from kenmare myself but living in oz. Watching this event as if i was at home, the only difference is that im not hanging out the window! Im heading home for xmas so hopefully it can keep it up until then!

In Firies, had a nice covering from a couple of showers here lastnight, slight thaw today but freezing again now, hopefully more showers tonight and during the week and frontal snow Friday?
    Not sure if Kenmare got anything though, looks cold for the next while anyway so hopefully some left for Christmas for you.
    Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

highly unlikely, we may see the odd flurry in the wind, other than that a clear stary night, but then again seeing how things have changed over the past 90 minutes anything is possible.

Thanks.

:( Hopefully things will change. Would love to see more!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Yrag2E

Arent the winds to swing NE in the next few hours? The north of the countries winds are NE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Looking at the sat24 image it seems that SW Cork and S Kerry could very well be on for more snow. It will be interesting to see how north it will go ie in to Limerick and N. Kerry

Can see plenty of snow laden clouds on the horizon as i look towards the south from my bedroom window!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

Looking at those two systems it appears Longford is going to miss out once again.

Current data for Longford, Ireland
    28 November 2010 16:10:55

Temperature (°C):
    Current -1.8
    Trend (per hour) -0.6
    Average today -2.8
    Wind chill -1.8
    Heat Index -1.8
    Dew Point -2.6
    Rel Humidity 94%

Wind (km/h):
    Current Gust 7.2 N
    Average Speed 3.1 NW

Pressure (hPa):
    Current 1007.6
    Trend (per hour) -0.1

leahyl wrote: »
    You are my favourite forecaster Wolfe!:D
    for a few hrs until it starts to rain leahyl.

Joke:p

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Timistry

In Firies, had a nice covering from a couple of showers here lastnight, slight thaw today but freezing again now, hopefully more showers tonight and during the week and frontal snow Friday?
    Not sure if Kenmare got anything though, looks cold for the next while anyway so hopefully some left for Christmas for you.
    Regards

I heard that we had a few showers too with some lying snow. We rarely get anything so its a good start to winter 2010 ;). The Reeks must look spectacular now. Last xmas they were amazing. I reckon that they form a snow shield around Kenmare, thats why we get so little snow

Looking at the sat24 image it seems that SW Cork and S Kerry could very well be on for more snow. It will be interesting to see how north it will go ie in to Limerick and N. Kerry
    no further than charleville and i doubt it will extend much further north than tralee. however, the fact that it is pushing north before tracking sw means that the peripheries of the areas mentioned will most likely see flakes.

admittedly, i am a little nervous as i don;t want to have mislef people. just making my predictions based on latest weather model output. I am very confident though.

Snow day anyone?

• Advertisement

Timistry wrote: »
    I heard that we had a few showers too with some lying snow. We rarely get anything so its a good start to winter 2010 ;). The Reeks must look spectacular now. Last xmas they were amazing. I reckon that they form a snow shield around Kenmare, thats why we get so little snow

Can see Sliabh Mish from the couch and its spectacular too, i guess the reeks block snow coming south, but if it moves from the east you might have a chance. Snow frequency is increasing but a heavy frontal one wouldnt go astray:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement