Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Forecasts and Synoptic Forecast Discussion - 26/11/1020 onwards

Options

Comments

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    that snow system to the south is growing in size. serious dumping of snow for cork and kerry on the way

http://www.sat24.com/Region.aspx?country=gb&sat=vis&type=loop
    I don't want to cause alarm but if you look at that loop,that low is going west,slightly southwest so the precip may only reach coastal areas south of a line from cork city across to South Kerry.
    It should hit cork city though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Ireland will experience a countrywide snow event next Wednesday as a frontal system crosses the country from the northwest. This will deliver snow to areas that have yet to see any snow falling during this cold spell, namely the Midwest.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

no further than charleville and i doubt it will extend much further north than tralee. however, the fact that it is pushing north before tracking sw means that the peripheries of the areas mentioned will most likely see flakes.

admittedly, i am a little nervous as i don;t want to have mislef people. just making my predictions based on latest weather model output. I am very confident though.

Snow day anyone?

and we're still on the right track for Cork City yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Ireland will experience a countrywide snow event next Wednesday as a frontal system crosses the country from the northwest. This will deliver snow to areas that have yet to see any snow falling during this cold spell, namely the Midwest.

Come on snow to Limerick :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I give up trying to forecast the track of the precip in the Irish sea, it seems to be wandering all over the place. There is a clump to the south that may give north Wexford/south Wicklow a dumping..but who knows, its a watch wait and hope scenario.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

system still spinning away in the irish sea (very slowly)...you guys think the shower system just west of wales will hit wexford/wicklow/dublin??

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

So selfish! How about us?!

ellieh1 wrote: »
    Come on snow to Limerick :D:D:D:D

Looks like it's gonna get worse before it gets better! Yeah baby bring it ON!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

As I said earlier this ppn could easily miss the south coast.
    In fact presently it's likely to miss!

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Timistry

I presume that is the trough on the FAX chart for wednesday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭HyperSkypeWiper

I'm a complete novice but I think Navan will get some, what do you more experienced forecasters think? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

leahyl wrote: »
    Looks like it's gonna get worse before it gets better! Yeah baby bring it ON!:D

Wohoo!!!!!!!! :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

homolumo wrote: »
    how will Waterford be fixed?

Looking at sat24 and the latest predictive radar from raintoday.co.uk i would be surprised if we didn't see some sort of snow in the next hour. There is action to our south and east so hopefully we will get something from those.

Temps today were really unbelievable daytime values. Never got above -1.7c all day. Temp now is -3.5 with a DP of -4.4c. Hopefully we will see some snow action soon

More Detail @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Clouds rolling in from the south here in wexford town precip showing up nicely on the radar, could do with topping our 5 inches. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

looks like wicklow/south dublin will benefit from that band generating some energy out to sea east of wicklow/wex, seems to have a north westerly trajectory?

WOLFE - your thoughs?

Im confused now. Is it game on, or Game off for dublin, whats the consensus?
    :o:confused:

Timistry wrote: »
    I presume that is the trough on the FAX chart for wednesday?
    yes.

ME said THursday but the charts say Wednesday

yes.

ME said THursday but the charts say Wednesday

link?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Jake1 wrote: »
    Im confused now. Is it game on, or Game off for dublin, whats the consensus?
    :o:confused:
    it seems to be game over out the the low system jake1,hopefully winds will change ENE& fingers crossed the irish sea brews up something later

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Big cb's heading towards here, here hoping they don't fizzle out before they make landfall!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Looking at the radar here is my best guess where the precip is going. Though its wandering all over the place. The stuff seemingly headed for Dublin may just melt away or take a different track, confidence is very low.
    137023.jpg

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

inabina wrote: »
    looks like wicklow/south dublin will benefit from that band generating some energy out to sea east of wicklow/wex, seems to have a north westerly trajectory?

WOLFE - your thoughs?

snow will drift sw and then se i.e. it will swing anticlockwise.
    137024.gif

as for cork leahyl, yes it's still on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Wow that system off the south coast took the most unnatural looking turn away from Cork at around 3:30 on raintoday - its like there really is a snowshield down there, bizarre. Also looks to be fizzeling out a bit.

Supercell wrote: »
    Looking at the radar here is my best guess where the precip is going. Though its wandering all over the place. The stuff seemingly headed for Dublin may just melt away or take a different track, confidence is very low.
    137023.jpg

be nice if the three arrows merged into a snowfest over dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

I give up trying to forecast the track of the precip in the Irish sea, it seems to be wandering all over the place. There is a clump to the south that may give north Wexford/south Wicklow a dumping..but who knows, its a watch wait and hope scenario.
    137023.jpg

Someone posted a pic from the raintoday forecast and it had that big clump off wexford going almost directly west . . .

leahyl wrote: »
    link?
    10120118_2812.gif
    10120118_2812.gif

Wow that system off the south coast took the most unnatural looking turn away from Cork at around 3:30 on raintoday - its like there really is a snowshield down there, bizarre. Also looks to be fizzeling out a bit.

not listening to you *blocks ears - lalalalalalala:D

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭doublejj

so will waterford be hit...it looks to be heading back towards se coast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Figuramatyi

10120118_2812.gif
    10120118_2812.gif

Jaaay, this would be snowfest for Galway indeed :)
    12z GFS looking great for us so far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Ali Babba

Looking out over Cork Harbour here, very snowy clouds moving in from the east and I mean very dark, if it doesn't snow i'd say it never will.:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement