Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Forecasts and Synoptic Forecast Discussion - 26/11/1020 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

leahyl wrote: »
    not listening to you *blocks ears - lalalalalalala:D

Ha ha, sorry I'll shut up now! :D

WolfeIRE reckons its still on for Cork and he knows much more about this stuff than me anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

My sources tell me it's snowing a little in macroom!

Theres a woman after bringing a bra into me off the line outside,it's like a board...

(minus 5 now)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

weather station changed to the snow graphic - and it was 100% correct last year when the snow arrived so I am hopefull - clutching at straws I know, but I want some snow too :pac:

Currently -2.3 and dropping quick here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Holy smoke!!! when i last logged on this morning this thread was over 2200 posts!!!! And now its gone from 45 thousand views to 145 thousand!!! is that some sort of record??/

Esk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

im really strugglin to take all this in,after last years winter and watching the whole country getting snow this winter has started the same,incredible pictures from around the country and some less than 15 miles away(as the crow flys) and what have we in trim a dusting,absolutley gutted.

even that sytem coming in from the irish sea now i thought YES finally going to get some,but even that looks like missing me now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

jambofc wrote: »
    im really strugglin to take all this in,after last years winter and watching the whole country getting snow this winter has started the same,incredible pictures from around the country and some less than 15 miles away(as the crow flys) and what have we in trim a dusting,absolutley gutted.

even that sytem coming in from the irish sea now i thought YES finally going to get some,but even that looks like missing me now :(

Maybe you should move?

527 (194 members & 333 guests) Moderators : 2

leahyl, outsourced_ire, dmaprelude, Oscar Bravo, razor_ryan, Grudle, patneve2, Robert McGrath, Tripp, dublincelt, carlmwan, mower, LookingFor, Nemanja91, isle of man, Defcol, ISAA, gonker, chelseavera, errlloyd, JAMM222, mwrf, Confab, mars bar, miseagustusa, Sierra Oscar, Snow Leopard, Min, FunkSoulSista, Green Hornet, Orchard Rebel, CrazyFish, Shane732, drdeadlift, jay28, ednwireland, Dublinvillian, missloulou, downwiththatsor, Woddle, Abrean, Lady_North1, TheInquisitor, notspav, Aussie Sean, redalicat, eskimocat, Cliona99, beco, Supercell, Deep Easterly, nomadic, NIALL D, lor2ie, eoinor, Welsh Wizard, Josey Wales, Treehere, belle_09, fricatus, Jamie-b, IrishMetSoc, t|nt|n, snowjon, frantic190, jambofc, Picman, F-Stop, the groutch, maquiladora, redsunset, milosh, Shamanic, elius, Dow99, Sparko, pebbles21, LeahBaby, niallo24, delw, Su Campu, eddiem10, pigeonbutler, aaronm13, neil2304, HellFireClub, Musicman2000, JanuarySnowstor, bcmf, WolfeIRE, Hooter23, Heyes, MetLuver, Dotsie~tmp, djhaxman, Shelga, MaceFace, tonyrich1, Robxxx7, egan2020, SeaShells, cherryghost, Cosmo Kramer, talkabout, atgate, mayflyatr, 445279.ie, Saganist, sudzs, LeperKing, mountainy man, KizzyMonster, mickger844posts, dfx-, flikflak, Thin White Duck, Musicmental85, anoble66, smellslikeshoes, doublejj, Yrag2E, squonk, Sideshow Mark, Fionagus, Southern Jebus, rossc007, rsom, Mermaid55, bicardi19, byrneno7, bluemachaveli, Aykina, Bigcheeze, Sonovagun, yogidc26, *eadaoin, Squeaksoutloud, Silverado, Murphdog94, ellieh1, flanzer, emo72, blubloblu, inabina, JazzyJ, NoodleMc, kevpants, Jake1, joe316, Jerry Seinfeld, wild handlin, TomTom, kayakboy, hotwhiskey, Timistry, Wertz, BM11, Figuramatyi, chris2007, sundodger5, cerbeus, Snowman10, mrskinner, Tipsygypsy, Jimjay, jasper1011, munsterlegend, The tax man, dancin, cdev, hawaiichair, j1979p, eireanbo, Gonzo, ncc98071, davehey79, John2009, Plasmoid, shamwari, HyperSkypeWiper, thetonynator, diarmuid79

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Cork will likely catch the tail of the circulation tonight that's near waterford now.
    It looks weak, but having said that even 30mins of snow could cause chaos with temps here hovering near -3 at the mo.
    The radar will reveal all not what I or wolfe says.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Upper air temperatures are going to rise a bit tomorrow. Would not be supprised if there was rain and sleet by the coasts. On Tuesday Night the really cold air returns again. But I don't think it will only be snow tomorrow, tomorrow night and the first part of Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Ali Babba wrote: »
    Looking out over Cork Harbour here, very snowy clouds moving in from the east and I mean very dark, if it doesn't snow i'd say it never will.:)

Lets hope your right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

This has been such a let down of a cold spell, lack of showers and very boring weather. I actually fancy some mild weather now if its not going to snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

MUSEIST wrote: »
    This has been such a let down of a cold spell, lack of showers and very boring weather. I actually fancy some mild weather now if its not going to snow.
    boooooooo :mad:
    :p

Some seriously dark clouds now here in Cork City - taking over the very clear blue sky as it gets dark....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

What are the thoughts on whether Dublin airport will get it over the next 18 hours or so? a friend needs to take a flight!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

leahyl wrote: »
    Some seriously dark clouds now here in Cork City - taking over the very clear blue sky as it gets dark....

Hope you get your snow ....it does semm to be breaking up a bit but you may get a shower or two.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

angel01 wrote: »
    What are the thoughts on whether Dublin airport will get it over the next 18 hours or so? a friend needs to take a flight!
    i think airport will be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

does precip have to a certain intensity for it to show up on radar? I ask cause it was snowin in wexford earlier lightly but noticeably and there was nada on the radar.

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    Hope you get your snow ....it does semm to be breaking up a bit but you may get a shower or two.:)

it's the force field i tell you! I'm getting very p'd off again!:mad:.......:p (I am though!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

whats the chances on snow in galway i thought not much but there is huge dark clouds nearby

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭carlmwan

Ah this cloud is gonna miss navan and kells:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Load the animation here

speaks for itself that cloudbank and snow still tracking NW
    http://www.yr.no/satellitt/europa_animasjon.html

carlmwan wrote: »
    Ah this cloud is gonna miss navan and kells:mad:

yip were missing all the fun again :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭isle of man

we had a lot this after none, between 2-6in in places,

roads are now like ice, and by the look of outside the frost is on its way now as clear skys

we can only hope this comes off for us in meath on tuesday...

101128_0000_54.png

101128_0000_54.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

It's game over for the South as ppn mover even more southwest.
    This nuisance system is also helping prevent windward coast action from developing.
    Ah well perhaps over the next couple of days we will get more luck

This nuisance system is also helping prevent windward coast action from developing.

don't break my heart :( Oh for the love of GOD please SNOW!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Had high hopes for tuesday but yr.no are showing rain showers with temps as high as 6c :eek: Surely can't be right?

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Timistry

Looks to be dying a death on the ME radar but I looks it be in good health on the sat24 loop? :o Cork might just sneak a few flakes yet;) Kerry will probably miss out unfortunately

• Advertisement

I wait with bated breath for Evelyn's forecast after the news:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement