Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Forecasts and Synoptic Forecast Discussion - 26/11/1020 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Timistry

leahyl wrote: »
    I wait with bated breath for any of Evelyn's forecasts after the news

FYP:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Now -4.5 and painfully cold.

Weird phenomenom outside at the moment: Looking out it looks dark. The sky is black, the west is black theres no moon and lot of fog. Yet you can see clearlyfor about 50m -in other words, as far as the fog will let you. And theres no visible light source . . .:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

I think Cork could see significant snow tonight so don't give up just yet. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Timistry wrote: »
    FYP:D

Well of course i always love to see Evelyn's forecasts but this one is particularly special!

darkman2 wrote: »

IWO have an advisory for Cork/Kerry so we will just have to wait and see. Nowcasting at its very best!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

How do you explain the met radar so with ppn sliding slowly away from the coast?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

looks to be game over for nearly everyone, all the snow systems are fizzling out fast oversea's if ye look at the radars. Hopefully unexpected developments will happen later on coz right now the Irish Sea looks as dead as a dodo. - almost 24 hours of clear skies here now bit dissapointing.

Also the East Coast - over the next few hours I suspect heavy showers will make landfall - BB probrably the first to see this shortly! Wicklow, Dublin, Wexford coasts all at risk in the next few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

minus 4.5 in south tipp now..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Also the East Coast - over the next few hours I suspect heavy showers will make landfall - BB probrably the first to see this shortly! Wicklow, Dublin, Wexford coasts all at risk in the next few hours.

Raintoday.co.uk with agree with you on that but also include Waterford for some action in the next few hours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

system off south coast still tracking NW.

http://www.sat24.com/gb

Rainfall radars may be deceptive. Drizzle doesn;t show up on these radars most of the time. Drizzle as snow, if you know what i mean, can deliver accumulations.

I agree with januarysnowster about the precip sliding sw but the cloud bank is still progressing towards cork and kerry.

Really??? I thought it was all over bloody hell what a rollercoaster.
    :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

Sorry but what does BB stand for?:o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

right now im not even trusting the rain radars, they have been wrong all day long with stuff just going everywhere except where we thought it was heading which leaves me to believe anything can happen tonight anywhere or nothing may happen at all.

_whiskers wrote: »

Black Briar. They say he lives near Arklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

the infamous blackbriar

Black Briar, one of our most learned posters;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

leahyl wrote: »
    I wait with bated breath for Evelyn's forecast after the news:D

You might be waiting slightly longer tonight. Our Great Leader is making another one of his anti-climactic non-announcements at 6:30 (i.e. some time around 7:00), so (in that context, going forward, etc) the 6-1 news will most likely be extended.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Was thinking that looking at the raintoday predictive radar ,

Gorey , Arklow ,Wicklow going to get hit soon enough.

137050.jpg

137051.jpg

Was thinking that looking at the raintoday predictive radar ,

Gorey , Arklow ,Wicklow going to get the first hit on the east coast .

whats your opinion on snow for Lucan? :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Black Briar. They say he lives near Arklow.

Some say he can turn rain into snow,

The Weather boards Stig !

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

I imagine the East Coast will get some more snow showers tomorrow and Tuesday. That potential shower activity of the Cork coast is moving away it seems. I don't see it hitting land anyway.:)

Jake1 wrote: »
    whats your opinion on snow for Lucan? :)

im no expert , but I think when the winds change which they are due to do around 9 or 10 then you may see something, but its hard to say where exactly that the Irish sea will provide too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I'll be delighted if this happens - but where is the shower risk coming from for Dublin? The Irish Sea has been very quiet today. Only Wexford looks like there's a meaningful snow risk about. I can't see those showers affecting most places north of Wicklow head.

Im not feeling the snow love for west dublin tonight, not feelin it , at all...:(
    Think Ill hang up my boots early tonight :)

RayM wrote: »
    You might be waiting slightly longer tonight. Our Great Leader is making another one of his anti-climactic non-announcements at 6:30 (i.e. some time around 7:00), so (in that context, going forward, etc) the 6-1 news will most likely be extended.

Oh jesus:rolleyes:

Btw local radio here saying it's snowing in Crookstown (near Bandon) - can't help but think that this isn't good cos i heard earlier that it's snowing in macroom - both of these places towards west cork so maybe the system has missed East Cork and the city??

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭GavinH

I live about a mile from Crookstown and afraid I don't see anything

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

I think the current circulation south of cork will not hit.
    HOWEVER there is a chance that the ppn near Rosslare will develop further and head west towards cork / waterford

Evelyn just on six one - said there would some snow in Cork and Kerry and in the northeast (Louth) which could move inland and also south so Dublin may get some alright

She also mentioned the siberian air for Wednesday/Thursday and said temps could go below -10:eek:

• Advertisement

GavinH wrote: »
    I live about a mile from Crookstown and afraid I don't see anything

There must be some exaggerating going on then!:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement