Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Forecasts and Synoptic Forecast Discussion - 26/11/1020 onwards

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Irishmarinelife

Someone I follow on twitter just posted a pic of it snowing a few minutes ago in Achill. Wish it would move directly south instead of going out to sea as it will.

Maybe something will clip us in SW Mayo tonight, what do ye reckon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

I think there will be no snow for Dublin from the low pressure that I stupidly thought might be a pol......nah, i can't even say it! I reckon the cold inflow off the land cut out its fuel supply as the centre neared the coast earlier. The easterly flow to the north of it kept the activity going right through and gave areas further north the baton.

Still hoping for some easterly streamers for later as the easterly becomes more established. There could be a fresh covering by morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

leahyl wrote: »
    Evelyn just on six one - said there would some snow in Cork and Kerry and in the northeast (Louth) which could move inland and also south so Dublin may get some alright

She also mentioned the siberian air for Wednesday/Thursday and said temps could go below -10:eek:

She said there 'could be' although this is doubtful. Come up to Dublin for the snow as there will be a lot more over the next week with easterly winds.:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

Do people think theres much of a chance of snow in Dublin, around the palmerstown area.
    Met.ie and bbc weather dont seem to think so, but I do hope so!!

Thunder and lightning in Arklow and snowing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Turned on the news at 6.20 to catch the weather and was treated instead to 30mins of Biffo droning on about our 'best interests'. Please don't tell me they scrapped Evelyn's all important weather forecast for this???? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

wouldn't be surprised if there were a few snow/graupel showers in dublin at around 9ish, look at the radar sequence.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Turned on the news at 6.20 to catch the weather and was treated instead to 30mins of Biffo droning on about our 'best interests'. Please don't tell me they scrapped Evelyn's all important weather forecast for this???? :mad:

Evelyn was on earlier! But i'd say the weather forecast will be on after Brian Cow won't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

NW CALLING. :) are we finished with the snow as well?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

GavinH wrote: »
    I live about a mile from Crookstown and afraid I don't see anything

Some who came to the Craft Fair were saying that there was snow up that way. I think they said Bandon but the accent is thick. Anyways, not too far away. ( the Fair was at Castletown Kinneigh)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭GavinH

Graces7 wrote: »
    Some who came to the Craft Fair were saying that there was snow up that way. I think they said Bandon but the accent is thick. Anyways, not too far away. ( the Fair was at Castletown Kinneigh)

There was snow between 5am-6am this morning. But nothing since, unfortunately.

some great pics of the cold snap on the rte website!

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1127/snow_gallery.html

Evelyn was on earlier! But i'd say the weather forecast will be on after Brian Cow won't it?

The f^&*%$ is still on! zbanghead.gif

I know how you (and the rest of the country) feels! He can't even answer the questions he's being asked!!:mad::mad:

Evelyn, Evelyn, Evelyn....

Evelyn for Taoiseach! hehe:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Jaysus! Which is more important the future if our country or the forecast for snow? RTE's priorities are all wrong !!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

You can see on the Met.ie radar that that activity of the Cork coast has practically dissipated. No snow down there tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Snowman10

Carlow wont get snow tonight either. as soon as it hits land it fizzles out too quick. I really wish we get plastered up here tue and wed as I really need a few lazy work days before xmas. If it happens I can see people stock piling the groceries. Bad weather is good for Dunnes and Tecso I'd imagine.

I know how you (and the rest of the country) feels! He can't even answer the questions he's being asked!!:mad::mad:

Evelyn, Evelyn, Evelyn....

Evelyn for Taoiseach! hehe:D

OK, Biffo is gone but now we have Michael Noonan & Joan Burton! This is going from bad to worse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Snowman10

OK, Biffo is gone but now we have Michael Noonan & Joan Burton! This is going from bad to worse!

Lets hope the weather is the same

whiteout in Arklow for the last 20 minutes.
    Extra snow piling up
    Several thunder claps too and lightning

And it's -4.5c

Did someone transport us to Livigno or summat? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Evelyn just on six one - said there would some snow in Cork and Kerry and in the northeast (Louth) which could move inland and also south so Dublin may get some alright

She also mentioned the siberian air for Wednesday/Thursday and said temps could go below -10:eek:

Ha Wednesday/Thursday ? I reckon its going to be tonight. Absolutely savage temps this evening especially in Kildare. Newbridge recording lower than -6 already and falling fast (http://homepage.eircom.net/~osprey/), Casement already at -6 at 6pm, outdoor thermometer at house outside Kildare Town which, being close to houses didnt register below - 1.6 last night or the night before was at -3.1 and falling at 5pm this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭MetLuver

irish1967 wrote: »
    Jaysus! Which is more important the future if our country or the forecast for snow? RTE's priorities are all wrong !!

is that a trick question? oh for the love of...they just went for a break!!

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    You can see on the Met.ie radar that that activity of the Cork coast has practically dissipated. No snow down there tonight.

Yes yes i heard you the first time!!:mad:.....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Extra snow piling up

And it's -4.5c

i was too busy watching that fat clown for the last hour & then realised the M2 is gone easterly *& a new batch of showers is heading directly for me according to Raintoday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

Extra snow piling up

And it's -4.5c

oh i do envy you BB,funny you moved out of the mountain's and this is your reward :)

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

Extra snow piling up

And it's -4.5c

Ive seen a few flashes of lightning, but no snow here yet..........-4.9c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

line of showers going towards dublin
    http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭HyperSkypeWiper

Navan?.....anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

O GOD HELP US! BURTON WONT BRING SNOW, SHE WRECKS MY HEAD!!

• Advertisement

Extra snow piling up

And it's -4.5c

Some strikes showing up on the Wicklow coast alright:

http://www.meteox.nl/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-3&soort=satradar

*jealous*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement