Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Forecasts and Synoptic Forecast Discussion - 26/11/1020 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

patneve2 wrote: »
    line of showers going towards dublin
    http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

very thin line, hope it beefs up quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Hmmm watching the news us confusing me. I think they are ramping up this loan event a lot. The IMF charts are still a long way off. Of course cork won't see any of this loan. That's the chances of D15 seeing any of it by the morning.

(OwenC wouldn't has got any but would have claimed he got millions.)

I think the east coast will do rather well out if this blizzard of cash.

Jeez hurry up Evelyn !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Just watched the Forecast on countryfile over on BBC1 looks like the East and south east are in for plenty of snow from Tue to Thur

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

patneve2 wrote: »
    line of showers going towards dublin

Nice looking area of precipitation moving out of Cumbria into the north Irish Sea at the moment too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭traco

Only a lurker in weather but I just wanted to say well done to all for the info. Hope ye all get the snow that's well deserved.

Thanks and here's to a Snow Day tomorrow for all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Wookie

traco wrote: »
    Only a lurker in weather but I just wanted to say well done to all for the info. Hope ye all get the snow that's well deserved.

Thanks and here's to a Snow Day tomorrow for all.

+1 to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

She's on!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

weather on now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

In Leixlip so casement would be my nearest weather station. Its so so cold, was at the rugby, when i got home i put the heating straight on, but the house is struggling to heat up, brought the duvet down!

jay28 wrote: »
    Ive seen a few flashes of lightning, but no snow here yet..........-4.9c
    it can't be far away from conary now it's moving slower forwards than a reversing nun :D
    Really thick now ,ya wouldn't see your hand in it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Well that forecast was not anything to special

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Evelyn just gave a Day after Tomorrow forecast:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Brilliant forecast by EVE :D... except for those sleet symbols instead of snow!

:D
    -11 o C on wed, thurs! BRING IT ON!

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

You must on about the financial forecast because what Evelyn just gave was beautiful!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Totally agree - apart from the low temperatures there was hardly a mention of snow or anything! Evelyn what have they done to you at ME??!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

wind at M2 has backed NE 19 deg
    http://met.ie/latest/buoy.asp

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Mmcd wrote: »
    You must on about the financial forecast because what Evelyn just gave was beautiful!

There was a touch of this : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

in what i said :D

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

it can't be far away from conary now it's moving slower forwards than a reversing nun :D
    Really thick now ,ya wouldn't see your hand in it!

send her on up so - what you make of those showers coming in direct easterly off sea ???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

I think she is wrong about tomorrow and a good part of Tuesday tbh especially for East facing coasts. Rain more likely then snow at low levels here unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

hahahahahaha!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Brilliant forecast by EVE :D... except for those sleet symbols instead of snow!

:D
    -11 o C on wed, thurs! BRING IT ON![/QUOTE

It will be that tonight, temps already down to -9c in places.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

The countryfile with helen willits was even more so.
    An amazing spell of weather, that perhaps has already outshone anything we got last Winter - which would of course be incredible.
    Going by countryfile plenty snow for the east and south tues /wed

leahyl wrote: »
    Totally agree - apart from the low temperatures there was hardly a mention of snow or anything! Evelyn what have they done to you at ME??!!

It showed loads of precip about and low temps , doesnt really get much better , she aint going to call snow madness cause you would have half the country out panic buying ,

Things could still change but it looks good , very very very good

It showed loads of precip about and low temps , doesnt really get much better , she aint going to call snow madness cause you would have half the country out panic buying ,

Things could still change but it looks good , very very very good

Oh ya looks good for the east but Cork and the south once again misses out - she said there may be a few showers in the very south of cork but that was about it....:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

leahyl wrote: »
    Leahyl. you better be first with a pic of snow in cork city WHEN it falls tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭isle of man

so close but so far

darkman2 wrote: »
    I think she is wrong about tomorrow and a good part of Tuesday tbh especially for East facing coasts. Rain more likely then snow at low levels here unfortunately.

Looking at DP's they dont seem to go above 0 as far out as 60 hours ?

137082.png

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    Leahyl. you better be first with a pic of snow in cork city WHEN it falls tonight

Wolfe i think you may be losing me....i'm losing faith! If it falls i don't have a camera i'm afraid - it's out of action at the mo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

she aint going to call snow madness cause you would have half the country out panic buying

would be a nice boost to the retail sector though

anyway, her job is to call it.

clare looks like being the black sheep of the irish county snow family once again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

WolfeIRE wrote: »

What makes you say that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement