Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Forecasts and Synoptic Forecast Discussion - 26/11/1020 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭jrd

so it is :D

137089.jpg

pistolpetes, is that from the premium version of raintoday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

Latest Radar.

Red=me

green= CC

hiradarzoomv42.png

I'm in exactly that point too!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

137089.jpg

That radar image is way off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Snowman10

137089.jpg
    what website is this radar on please?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Duiske wrote: »
    Was going to post about this earlier. Great chance of a 6 to 8 hour snow event for Cork overnight. Starting in the East of the county about midnight, and over the entire county by 2am. Should start to ease off around dawn or shortly after.

Can i ask where you're getting this?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Cork and kerry will see snow tonight. that precip will intensify somewhat as it continues its track nw.

For anyone of a nervious disposition leave the computer for an hour or two and watch wagner or something. This may take a while. ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

DOCARCH wrote: »

Check the time stamp ,

Its a perceived radar image ,

Yep its the raintoday.co.uk premium site

an extra 3 inches here and rising-an absolute white out for the past 2hrs or more.
    Schools in Arklow and Gorey have announce closure tomorrow.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Check the time stamp ,

Its a perceived radar image ,

Yep its the raintoday.co.uk premium site

Apologies, see that now. However, it's basically just the current radar image shifted west approx. 60 miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    Cork and kerry will see snow tonight. that precip will intensify somewhat as it continues its track nw.

For anyone of a nervious disposition leave the computer for an hour or two and watch wagner or something. This may take a while. ;)

Yes that would be me! So perhaps i should take a break and watch Wagner (:eek:)! I've been on this damn thing since about 2pm!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

It's a forecast, and it seems to predicting a double miss for Dublin while everywhere else in Leinster get snowed in the crossfire :(:(

edit : actually no, that streamer in the Irish Sea is further south than I thought it was so it will hit, but I was hoping the rather bigger lump coming from the south would plaster Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Is there a bit of a thaw for this Saturday? Looks like it'll turn westerly for a day.

Not wrote: »
    It's a forecast, and it seems to predicting a double miss for Dublin while everywhere else in Leinster get snowed in the crossfire :(:(

Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much. I'll sort that. ;) Dublin will get its snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

carlmwan wrote: »
    Thats mad it doubled in size in 15min :eek:

Its a bit of a blip did it later on as well. i'd say the bigger one is the correct one.

mike65 wrote: »
    Is there a bit of a thaw for this Saturday? Looks like it'll turn westerly for a day.

Can't really rely on anything past 96hrs . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

mike65 wrote: »
    Possible Mike but with some pretty widespread Snow Fields by then it could go either way, Frontal snow for a while before Northerly winds kick back in would the be best outcome, especially for a Cold lover like you ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Seems that Meath will get hit and the northside of Dublin

137094.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Looks like North Country Dublin/Meath/Louth might get some decent echoes.

Im not quite north county though:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much. I'll sort that. ;) Dublin will get its snow.

It's funny that even though we've had so much we're still hungry for more!

Snow is my drug! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

Yes, finally looking good for NORTH Dublin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Snowman10

Seems that Meath will get hit and the northside of Dublin

137094.jpg

How reliable is this as you are getting my hopes up unrailllllll!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

So are we getting snow in Waterford tonight? What kind of high and low temps are we looking at?

It's all very interesting.

Snowman10 wrote: »

Time will tell !

137097.jpg

*eadaoin wrote: »
    It's funny that even though we've had so much we're still hungry for more!

Snow is my drug! :D

I know, we're greedy pigs! :D Give it an hour to an hour and a half and I'd say there will be snow starting to fall in south Dublin.

With this weather I've totally forgotten how srewed the country is! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Anyone else experiencing Boards outages ? Must be all the quoting of images, I've been last few minutes trying to get Boards to respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

Snowman10 wrote: »

im in the naul and have been dying for snow all day but have been badly let down............................... on a positive note i reckon we will get a pasting soon:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

irishdub14 wrote: »
    Yes, finally looking good for NORTH Dublin!

I said North country, more meant Skerries etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

Bouy M2 wind Direction East South East

Anyone else experiencing Boards outages ? Must be all the quoting of images, I've been last few minutes trying to get Boards to respond.

Yeah, has been a bit dodgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Dow99

Come on North County!!!! Give us a good dumping!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Yeah, has been a bit dodgy.

blame X-Factor

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement