Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Forecasts and Synoptic Forecast Discussion - 26/11/1020 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

leahyl wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek::D (speechless!)[/QUOTE

Fingers, toes and other parts of anatomy crossed. Cork wants snow now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

She barely mentioned snow though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Just stuck my head out the window there and there is a seriously BITTER breeze out there!! I can feel it in me bones! It's on the way:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Alright just delete everything I said tonight
    Due to a sudden change in wind direction heavy snow within the hour for Cork City:D

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭John2009

:D:D:D:D

Radar1.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

don;t know if i mentioned anything about cork today but...:p
    Snow pushing NW towards Cork coast and will reach City before midnight, based on latest radar info

and it will fall as snow. air temps, upper air temps and dew points are perfect.

John2009 wrote: »
    :D:D:D:D

Radar1.png

OMG John 2009 we're RIGHT in the firing line! I doubt ya boy!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭GavinH

Alright just delete everything I said tonight
    Due to a sudden change in wind direction heavy snow within the hour for Cork City:D

I think it's Wolf, you need to bow to. Only joking :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Tentative signs of the dreaded southwesterlies returning at the weekend according to GFS. Still way off but if those signals are still there tomorrow it could be game over. Still a bitter cold week to come but widespread snow looks unlikely. Ironically the heaviest and most widespread snow could come ahead of that mild weather. We shall see. I won't be popular saying this but my hunch ( yeah very scientific ;) ) says this spell might be the coldest of the winter, despite December Jan and Feb to come...

leahyl wrote: »
    OMG John 2009 we're RIGHT in the firing line! I doubt ya boy!:D

We sure are leahyl :D, get in there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Come on for exam cancellation!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Feck it anyway. Was hoping we would avoid the snow this time here in Cork. Not looking good now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭compsys

Tentative signs of the dreaded southwesterlies returning at the weekend according to GFS. Still way off but if those signals are still there tomorrow it could be game over. Still a bitter cold week to come but widespread snow looks unlikely. Ironically the heaviest and most widespread snow could come ahead of that mild weather. We shall see. I won't be popular saying this but my hunch ( yeah very scientific ;) ) says this spell might be the coldest of the winter, despite December Jan and Feb to come...

I'm not sure. Last year there was a really cold spell around Christmas which relented for a few days only to be replaced with an even colder spell in early January.

There was another cold spell in February and then an epic snow event around Easter over some parts of the country.

I'd say there's plenty of cold weather to come. We're obviously not gonna have a three-month period of non-stop sustained cold weather over the entire country. There's bound to be milder breaks in between. This weekend might just be one of them.

My teenage daughter and her friends are like fiends on Facebook, looking for news that the schools are closed :)
    :D

Its getting closer :D

Radar2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

Any chance of that snow heading to tipp town area after cork is done.

Radar2.png

Let's hope it holds strong...there's no chance of this dissipating as it gets closer to the coast/further inland is there??

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭TheMutations

Radar2.png

Looks like the eastern edge of it is going to pass just to the north of Glanmire. If it continues on its current track it should hit the city head on. Only about 15 miles away now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Just been a flash of lightning:D

Looks like the eastern edge of it is going to pass just to the north of Glanmire. If it continues on its current track it should hit the city head on. Only about 15 miles away now.

Yea i've a feeling that the southern half of the city and county is in for a right pasting soon,

• Advertisement

Just been a flash of lightning:D

Thundersnow :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

I really hope our school is closed :mad:

It clouded over about 15 mins ago. No rise in temperature as of yet. Temp is -2.5C.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭GavinH

Clouded over here too, temp risen from -6 to -4.5.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Snow definately coming in?When are we going to see it in Cork City?

titan18 wrote: »
    Snow definately coming in?When are we going to see it in Cork City?

I'd say before midnight if it keeps heading north.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

light snow now in Tallaght its going to get heavier please God :)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭matc66

This is very exciting, the impending carnage of snow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

I was looking at the will it rain site today and it looks like the snow cloud missed south east dublin :mad:

• Advertisement

Still divil a it here in Lucan, can we expect any big dumpings of snow during the night?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement