Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Forecasts and Synoptic Forecast Discussion - 26/11/1020 onwards

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    more snow on its way to you I would say Deep.

Its tracking due south at present. HIRLAM has again been spot on

speaking of which Kerry, Cork and Waterford are in for some snow fun tomorrow afternoon and early evening.

whats the chances of meath getting some snow this evening

darkman2 wrote: »
    Snow streamer forming in the Irish Sea. Might miss Dublin but could hit South Dublin, Wicklow and Wexford.

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :p not again!

I had no sleep last night
    I'd think they will be wasted out at sea with that blasted northerly.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Yeh, we got ice but no snow at all (bettystown).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

it is snowing in navan at present.

i hear its snowing fairly heavy in navan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Defcol

I live right in the middle of the town and i can confirm that it is indeed snowing:D

One of the showers that made its way down from the north

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Oooh, chance of more tonight again? Fuppin fantastic!

No thaw here today, we'll see what happens in a full day of sun tommorrow.

EDIT: Temp is -3.0 and dewpoint is -4.4.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭carlmwan

ye fairly heavy flakes smallish but lots comming down..its not gonna last too long tho:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Defcol

carlmwan wrote: »
    ye fairly heavy flakes smallish but lots comming down..its not gonna last too long tho:pac:

Some of that big blob heading for Monaghan might make it to here

bucketing snow here in rathkenny outside navan :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Snowing in Navan. Wonder will it last long?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

I live in Navan and all I'm seeing is hailstones... Must be a pocket of it around where I live.

Can we expect more snow around Meath tonight?

turning to sleety rain now, nice while it lasted

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Xxhaylsxx

I live in Robinstown just outside Navan nothing here :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭meathgal2010

heavy enough in old johnstown at the mo but im guessing the sleet is gonna follow :(. prob what was in the town centre a few mins ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

hi folks,was out all afternoon so is there any chance of giving a quick update on what to expect for this evening & tonight

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Nice bit of streamer action in the irish sea but i think they are heading in a southerly direction which means they might miss the east coast and south east all together. We need M2 Buoy to give a more ENE direction but it is showing NE at the moment so not all is lost yet.

Here temp is -0.8c DP -2.7c. Slush is frozen, roads are lethal.

More Detail @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

latest rainfall radar from met.ie sees a lot of activity bubbling up and making it's way towards Clare/Kerry, the next couple of hours could be interesting down there :)

ongarboy wrote: »
    latest rainfall radar from met.ie sees a lot of activity bubbling up and making it's way towards Clare/Kerry, the next couple of hours could be interesting down there :)
    i think a lot of that precip is heading SW and will miss clare and kerry. More likely to hit mayo and west galway, perhaps galway city.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

I have my fingers crossed we get some snow here in Limerick, we havent had a single snowflake yet :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭doublejj

will we get more in waterford...if so what are likely times

• Registered Users Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I make that about a further inch and a half that has accumlated since the snow started this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

We are in for a pasting here on the east coast over the next couple of days, according to the 12z Gfs run. Direct easterlies, plenty of snow thunder lightening etc to come in off the irish sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Maybe it might reach us down here wolfe?! We can but hope!

not sure Munster.
    3hr precip chart http://www.met.ie/forecasts/3hour.asp shows the winds veering your direction so it may head that way. However, it's getting lighter as it does so

take a look at 'nedbor' section of this http://www.dmi.dk/dmi/index/danmark/vejrkort.htm

which would give mallow a good pasting tomorrow evening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

What's snow?

Middle of Longford (county) and all we have is clear skies, -0.1c, dp of -1.1

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Kippure wrote: »
    We are in for a pasting here on the east coast over the next couple of days, according to the 12z Gfs run. Direct easterlies, plenty of snow thunder lightening etc to come in off the irish sea.

Sounds nice - I really hope it is a direct easterly, those NEs just keep missing me!

Lusk/Rush/Skerries area must be the most snowless part of the east coast... Last year we literally got a light dusting while only up the road towards Swords had buckets.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

doublejj wrote: »
    will we get more in waterford...if so what are likely times

Our snow today came from the Irish Sea from a North east direction. If you look at the latest radar showers are developing there but they need to travel in a south westerly direction to hit us. I say we have a good chance of some showers later tonight but its never a certainty in these situations. Keep an eye on the radar and that will give you a good idea if we are in for some action or not.

Web_radar.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Dunno if this has been mentioned already but does anyone ever remember a snow event in November before? I can't think of one except for a few snow showers and not lasting long on the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Joe Public wrote: »
    Dunno if this has been mentioned already but does anyone ever remember a snow event in November before? I can't think of one except for a few snow showers and not lasting long on the ground.

I can't remember anything like this in November during my life time. My uncle was telling me he remembers a November as bitter and snowy as this this around 30 years ago

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement