Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What to do with 450g of Biscuits?

• 26-11-2010 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭

Okay,
    So like everyone else, I got a little scared about the budget. My pension used to stretch to scrimping for the week and saving up €50 to go out on Friday night. I realised that this is only going to be €35 from now on. I could have got downhearted, but I didn't. Instead of my usual routine of waiting in the bed trying not to get into any contact that could result in a monetary transaction (while waiting for my night in the pub), I decided to grab the bull by the horns. I set the clock. I had the breakfast early so I'd have a good run at the day. I was first in line at the off-license, and I could see the look of respect in the woman's eyes as she served me at half ten. There's a go-getter who'll get through this, it almost said.

So, by half twelve, I had eight cans of Karpackie in me at the relatively modest price of €10, and a pack of Rothmans for slightly less.

Now here is where it gets ugly. The beer mixed with my economic zeal produced a monster. I won't bother you with the details of my pennypinching rampage but you find me now, a broken man, tucking into my second double cheeseburger (good value on an ounce to ounce basis compared with a big mac) while wondering what to do with a 600g bag of chocolate biscuits.

They were only €2. It seemed a steal. However I now realise that I could only eat 150g of biscuits on my best day.

So AHer's what would you do with 450g of chocolate biscuits? Be creative.

The prize for the best answer is,yes, you guessed it. 450g of chocolate biscuits. Btw, I've eaten all the whole ones.

AMC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Provided they aren't chocolate digestives i'll take them off your hands!

I don't do creativity. Obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

trade them for heroin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Purchase a tub of HB vanilla ice-cream.
    Add generous helping of crumbled biscuit.
    Enjoy.
    Stick in freezer when done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Provided they aren't chocolate digestives i'll take them off your hands!

I don't do creativity. Obviously.

Dubser. How are you in before Biggins? I was expecting a MacGyver answer for the first response.:pac:

Put the kettle on.;):cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Mozoltov!

Wait, so we literally have to ask your chocolate what to do with it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Put them in your bum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

keep them until tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

If you put them up on adverts.ie you're gettin a ban (purely cos you've eaten the good ones).

Apart from that, try the sex and sexuality forum - whipped cream would help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Chocolate biscuit cake. Rocky Road if you're feeling fancy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Have chocolate biscuit and cheese sandwiches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Smash them up into crumbs. Get stuff to make cheese part of cheesecake. Combine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Crush them up.

Mix in 100g melted butter and make large biscuit.

Place in fridge to set.

Now buy whatever yogurt you can afford (Petis Filious being the best) and spread over large biscuit.

Buy as much chocolate as you can afford and grate over top.

Some added whipped cream would be bonus also, but even without - that should be some fine eating right there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭SparkyTech

Crush them and mix with some Carte Dor Icecream :D

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭clikityclak

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Crush them up.

Mix in 100g melted butter and make large biscuit.

Place in fridge to set.

Now buy whatever yogurt you can afford (Petis Filious being the best) and spread over large biscuit.

Buy as much chocolate as you can afford and grate over top.

Some added whipped cream would be bonus also, but even without - that should be some fine eating right there.

That sounds fricking amazing, minus the whipped cream(ROTTEN) perhaps I would substitute it for a bit of ice cream *drools* :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

What to do with 450g of Biscuits?
    Okay,
    So like everyone else, I got a little scared about the budget. My pension used to stretch to scrimping for the week and saving up €50 to go out on Friday night. I realised that this is only going to be €35 from now on. I could have got downhearted, but I didn't. Instead of my usual routine of waiting in the bed trying not to get into any contact that could result in a monetary transaction (while waiting for my night in the pub), I decided to grab the bull by the horns. I set the clock. I had the breakfast early so I'd have a good run at the day. I was first in line at the off-license, and I could see the look of respect in the woman's eyes as she served me at half ten. There's a go-getter who'll get through this, it almost said.

So, by half twelve, I had eight cans of Karpackie in me at the relatively modest price of €10, and a pack of Rothmans for slightly less.

Now here is where it gets ugly. The beer mixed with my economic zeal produced a monster. I won't bother you with the details of my pennypinching rampage but you find me now, a broken man, tucking into my second double cheeseburger (good value on an ounce to ounce basis compared with a big mac) while wondering what to do with a 600g bag of chocolate biscuits.

They were only €2. It seemed a steal. However I now realise that I could only eat 150g of biscuits on my best day.

So AHer's what would you do with 450g of chocolate biscuits? Be creative.

The prize for the best answer is,yes, you guessed it. 450g of chocolate biscuits. Btw, I've eaten all the whole ones.

AMC

Ask your chocolate...

Heh gang. Thanks for all the input. It seems that a cool yoghurt cheesecake is the way to go. I'll let ye know a) if I managed to get it together' and b) if I did how it went down.

AMC

P.S. There's only 300g left now.:pac:

*makes sweeping hand movement to try and get crumbs off sheet*

Terry wrote: »
    Have chocolate biscuit and cheese sandwiches.

Well duh. Obviously if I had cheese and bread I wouldn't have had to start this thread. Btw, how did you get your hands on an old family recipe?:mad:

Advertisement