Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The try harder if ye want a second joke thread thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

A young couple on their wedding night were in their honeymoon suite.
    As they were undressing for bed, the husband, a big burly man, tossed his trousers to his new bride and said: "Here, put these on." She put them on and the waist was twice the size of her body. "I can't wear your trousers," she said. "That's right,'' said the husband, "and don't you ever forget it. I'm the one who wears the trousers in this relationship." With that she flipped him her knickers and said: "Try these on." He tried them on and found he could only get them on as far as his kneecaps. "Hell," he said. ''I can't get into your knickers!" She replied: "That's right... and that's the way it is going to stay until your attitude changes."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

A labourer sits on the bus next to a well dressed man with a small shiny case.

"De ya mind me askin ya, what's in your case? says the labourer.

"Thats my measuring equipment because I'm an engineer and we measure to within 1000th of a millimetre" he replies.

"Jaysus, you'd never be any good in my job, we have to be spot on"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Hedgemeister

Blonde lady sitting on an upturned table in the middle of a field, using oars, and pretending her table was a boat.

Second blonde lady driving past stopped and shouted... "Hey you, what on earth do you think you're doing?"

Lady on table shouts back..."Not that it's any of your damned business, but I'm rowing my boat on the lake!"

Second blond shouts, "You're not on a lake, you're in a f****n corn-field field, but if I swim out there I'll soon put manners on you!"

(sounds better after a few drinks)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

Tom Callahan lived in Detroit, Michigan and worked in Windsor. He had to take the ferryboat home every evening. One evening, he got down to the ferry and found there was a wait for the next boat, so Tom decided to stop at a nearby pub. Before long he was feeling no pain and having a great time. When he got back to the ferry entrance gate, the ferryboat was just seven feet from the dock. Tom, afraid of missing the boat and being late for dinner, took a running jump and landed right on the deck of the ferryboat. "How did you like that jump?" said a proud Tom to a deck hand. "It was great," said the sailor. "But why didn't you wait? We were just pulling in!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Hedgemeister

Then there was the near-sighted American Navy pilot in WW2 having difficulty landing on his Aircraft Carrier.
    After three unsuccessful attempts he finally landed to much cheering and applause by the assembled ships crew.
    Grinning broadly he marched from his plane and saluted the Captain, before proudly announcing; 'Lt. Bradley reporting for duty Sir...I've just shot down three Jap Zeroes and blew the shyte outa Tojo's Palace before runnin' out of ammo.'

The Captain of the Japanese Carrier smiled an even broader smile;
    'And for that you shall die, you American pig!'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

What do men and women have in common?

Both need some tissues after watching a good movie.

One of the toddlers on the Intensive Care Unit is playing with a toy donkey.

ICU baby, shaking that ass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Three drunk guys entered a taxi. The taxi driver knew that they were drunk so he started the engine & turned it off again. Then said, "We're here". The 1st guy gave him money & the 2nd guy said "Thank you". The 3rd guy slapped the driver. The driver was shocked thinking the 3rd drunk knew what he did. But then he asked "What was that for?". The 3rd guy replied, "Slow the hell down next time, you nearly killed us!"

At an Irish wedding, everyone got drunk.

The bride's and groom's families wrecked the reception hall fighting with each other.
    The police had to break up the fighting.

The next week, both families were in court.
    The judge asked, "All right now, what happened?"

Paddy rose and said, "Judge, I was the best man. I should explain what happened."
    "Go ahead, Paddy," said the judge. "Take the stand."
    Paddy explained, "Per tradition, the best man got the first dance with the bride.
    After I finished my first dance, the music kept playing, so I danced a second song, and then the music kept going some more so I danced a third song.
    "All of a sudden, the groom leapt over the table, ran to us, and gave the bride an unmerciful kick, right between her legs!"

The shocked judge said, "By God, that must have hurt!"

"Hurt?" replied Paddy,"He broke three of my fingers!"

A customer at Green's Gourmet Grocery marveled at the proprietor's quick wit and intelligence.

"Tell me, Green, what makes you so smart?"

"I wouldn't share my secret with just anyone," Green replies, lowering his voice so the other shoppers won't hear. "But since you're a good and faithful customer, I'll let you in on it. Fish heads. You eat enough of them, you'll be positively brilliant."

"You sell them here?" the customer asks.

"Only $4 apiece," says Green.

The customer buys three. A week later, he's back in the store complaining that the fish heads were disgusting and he isn't any smarter.

"You didn't eat enough, " says Green. The customer goes home with 20 more fish heads. Two weeks later, he's back and this time he's really angry.

"Hey, Green," he says, "You're selling me fish heads for $4 apiece when I can buy the whole fish for $2. You're ripping me off!"

"You see?" says Green. "You're getting smarter already!"

• Advertisement

Aircraft Repairs:

Just in case you needed a laugh: Remember it takes a college degree to fly a plane, but only a high school diploma to fix one; that's reassurance to those of us who fly routinely.

After every flight, UPS pilots fill out a form, called a 'gripe sheet,' which tells mechanics about problems with the aircraft.

The mechanics correct the problems, document their repairs on the form, and then pilots review the gripe sheets before the next flight.

Never let it be said that ground crews lack a sense of humor. Here are some actual maintenance complaints submitted by UPS pilots (marked with a P) and the solutions recorded (marked with an S) by maintenance engineers.

P: Left inside main tire almost needs replacement.
    S: Almost replaced left inside main tire.
    P: Test flight OK, except auto-land very rough.
    S: Auto-land not installed on this aircraft.

P: Something loose in cockpit
    S: Something tightened in cockpit

P: Dead bugs on windshield.
    S: Live bugs on back-order.

P: Autopilot in altitude-hold mode produces a 200 feet per minute descent
    S: Cannot reproduce problem on ground.

P: Evidence of leak on right main landing gear.
    S: Evidence removed.

P: DME volume unbelievably loud.
    S: DME volume set to more believable level.

P: Friction locks cause throttle levers to stick.
    S: That's what friction locks are for.

P: IFF inoperative in OFF mode.
    S: IFF always inoperative in OFF mode.

P: Suspected crack in windshield.
    S: Suspect you're right.

P: Number 3 engine missing.
    S: Engine found on right wing after brief search

P: Aircraft handles funny. (I love this one!)
    S: Aircraft warned to straighten up, fly right and be serious.

P: Target radar hums.
    S: Reprogrammed target radar with lyrics.

P: Mouse in cockpit.
    S: Cat installed.

And the best one for last

P: Noise coming from under instrument panel. Sounds like a midget pounding on something with a hammer.
    S: Took hammer away from the midget

A 5-year old boy went to visit his grandmother one day. While playing with his toys in her bedroom while grandma was dusting furniture, he looked up and said, "Grandma, how come you don't have a boyfriend?"

Grandma replied, "Honey, my TV is my boyfriend. I can set in my bedroom and watch it all day long. The TV evangelists keep me company and make me feel so good.

The comedies make me laugh. I'm so happy with my TV as my boyfriend." Grandma turned on the TV and the picture was horrible. She started adjusting the knobs trying to get the picture in focus. Frustrated, she started hitting on the backside of the TV hoping to fix the problem. The little boy heard the doorbell ring so he hurried to open the door.

When he opened the door, there stood Grandma's minister. The minister said, "Hello son is your grandma home?"

The little boy replied, "Yeah, she's in the bedroom bangin' her boyfriend."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

What is it better to suffer from, Parkinson's or Alzheimer's?
    Parkinson's! It's better to spill half your pint than forget where you left it .

"I'm terribly sorry, sir, but we have diagnosed that you have HAGS. We're going to have to put you on a pizza and pancake diet immediately."

"HAGS? What's that?"

"It's a combination of Herpes, Aids, Gonorrhea, and Syphilis."

"My God, that sounds horrible! Will the pizza and pancake diet help?"

"No, but it's the only stuff we can slide under the door!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

What's brown and stiff?

It's not Nelson Mandela.

Tom Daley's cock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Making babies
    The Smiths were unable to conceive children and decided to use a surrogate father to start their family. On the day the proxy father was to arrive, Mr. Smith kissed his wife goodbye and said, "Well, I'm off now. The man should be here soon."

Half an hour later, just by chance, a door-to-door baby photographer happened to ring the doorbell, hoping to make a sale. "Good morning, Ma'am", he said, "I've come to..."

"Oh, no need to explain," Mrs. Smith cut in, embarrassed, "I've been expecting you."

"Have you really?" said the photographer. "Well, that's good. Did you know babies are my specialty?"

"Well that's what my husband and I had hoped. Please come in and have a seat!"

After a moment she asked, blushing, "Well, where do we start?"

"Leave everything to me...I usually try two in the bathtub, one on the couch, and perhaps a couple on the bed. And sometimes the living room floor is fun. You can really spread out there."

"Bathtub, living room floor? No wonder it didn't work out for Harry and me!"

"Well, Ma'am, none of us can guarantee a good one every time. But if we try several different positions and I shoot from six or seven angles, I'm sure you'll be pleased with the results."

"My, that's a lot!", gasped Mrs. Smith.

"Ma'am, in my line of work a man has to take his time. I'd love to be in and out in five minutes, but I'm sure you'd be disappointed with that."

"Don't I know it", said Mrs. Smith quietly.

The photographer opened his briefcase and pulled out a portfolio of his baby pictures. "This was done on the top of a bus", he said.

"Oh, my God!" Mrs. Smith exclaimed, grasping at her throat.

"And these twins turned out exceptionally well - when you consider their mother was so difficult to work with.."

"She was difficult?" asked Mrs. Smith.

"Yes, I'm afraid so. I finally had to take her to the park to get the job done right. People were crowding around four and five deep to get a good look."

"Four and five deep?" said Mrs. Smith, her eyes wide with amazement.

"Yes", the photographer replied. "And for more than three hours, too. The mother was constantly squealing and yelling - I could hardly concentrate, and when darkness approached I had to rush my shots. Finally, when the squirrels began nibbling on my equipment, I just had to pack it all in."

Mrs. Smith leaned forward. "Do you mean they actually chewed on your, uh...equipment?"

"It's true, Ma'am, yes.. Well, if you're ready, I'll set up my tripod and we can get to work right away."

"Tripod?"

"Oh yes, Ma'am. I need to use a tripod to rest my Canon on. It's much too big to be held in the hand very long."

Mrs. Smith fainted.

And then the fight started
    One year, I decided to buy my mother-in-law a cemetery plot as a Christmas gift...
    The next year, I didn't buy her a gift.
    When she asked me why, I replied,
    "Well, you still haven't used the gift I bought you last year!"
    And that's how the fight started.....

My wife and I were watching Who Wants To Be A Millionaire while we were in bed.
    I turned to her and said, 'Do you want to have Sex?'
    'No,' she answered. I then said,
    'Is that your final answer?'
    She didn't even look at me this time, simply saying, 'Yes..'
    So I said, "Then I'd like to phone a friend."
    And that's when the fight started...

I took my wife to a restaurant.
    The waiter, for some reason, took my order first.
    "I'll have the rump steak, rare, please."
    He said, "Aren't you worried about the mad cow?"
    "Nah, she can order for herself."
    And that's when the fight started.....

My wife and I were sitting at a table at her high school reunion, and she
    kept staring at a drunken man swigging his drink as he sat alone at a nearby table.
    I asked her, "Do you know him?"
    "Yes", she sighed,
    "He's my old boyfriend.... I understand he took to drinking right after we
    split up those many years ago, and I hear he hasn't been sober since."
    "My God!" I said, "Who would think a person could go on celebrating that long?"
    And then the fight started...

When our lawn mower broke and wouldn't run, my wife kept hinting to me
    that I should get it fixed. But, somehow I always had something else to take
    care of first, the shed, the boat, making beer.. Always something more
    important to me. Finally she thought of a clever way to make her point.
    When I arrived home one day, I found her seated in the tall grass, busily
    snipping away with a tiny pair of sewing scissors. I watched silently for
    a short time and then went into the house.. I was gone only a minute, and
    when I came out again I handed her a toothbrush. I said, "When you finish
    cutting the grass, you might as well sweep the driveway."
    The doctors say I will walk again, but I will always have a limp.

My wife sat down next to me as I was flipping channels.
    She asked, "What's on TV?"
    I said, "Dust."

Saturday morning I got up early, quietly dressed, made my lunch, and
    slipped quietly into the garage. I hooked up the boat up to the van, and
    proceeded to back out into a torrential downpour. The wind was blowing 50 mph, so I
    pulled back into the garage, turned on the radio, and discovered that the
    weather would be bad all day. I went back into the house, quietly
    undressed, and slipped back into bed.. I cuddled up to my wife's back, now with a
    different anticipation, and whispered, "The weather out there is terrible."
    My loving wife of 5 years replied, "And, can you believe my stupid husband
    is out fishing in that?"
    And that's how the fight started...

My wife was hinting about what she wanted for our upcoming anniversary.
    She said, "I want something shiny that goes from 0 to 150 in about 3 seconds."
    I bought her a bathroom scale.
    And then the fight started......

After retiring, I went to the Social Security office to apply for Social Security.
    The woman behind the counter asked me for my driver's License to verify my age.
    I looked in my pockets and realized I had left my wallet at home.
    I told the woman that I was very sorry, but I would have to go home and come back later.
    The woman said, 'Unbutton your shirt'.
    So I opened my shirt revealing my curly silver hair.
    She said, 'That silver hair on your chest is proof enough for me' and she
    processed my Social Security application..
    When I got home, I excitedly told my wife about my experience at the Social Security office...
    She said, 'You should have dropped your pants. You might have gotten disability, too.'

My wife was standing nude, looking in the bedroom mirror.
    She was not happy with what she saw and said to me,
    "I feel horrible; I look old, fat and ugly.
    I really need you to pay me a compliment.'
    I replied, "Your eyesight's damn near perfect."
    And then the fight started

Happy christmas

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

That Nelson Mandella/Tom Daley one is terrible... Couldn't help laugh though :P
    ...Feel terrible.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

...Feel terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Hagar the Nice.

realies wrote: »
    Making babies
    The Smiths were unable to conceive children and decided to use a surrogate father to start their family. On the day the proxy father was to arrive, Mr. Smith kissed his wife goodbye and said, "Well, I'm off now. The man should be here soon."

Half an hour later, just by chance, a door-to-door baby photographer happened to ring the doorbell, hoping to make a sale. "Good morning, Ma'am", he said, "I've come to..."

"Oh, no need to explain," Mrs. Smith cut in, embarrassed, "I've been expecting you."

"Have you really?" said the photographer. "Well, that's good. Did you know babies are my specialty?"

"Well that's what my husband and I had hoped. Please come in and have a seat!"

After a moment she asked, blushing, "Well, where do we start?"

"Leave everything to me...I usually try two in the bathtub, one on the couch, and perhaps a couple on the bed. And sometimes the living room floor is fun. You can really spread out there."

"Bathtub, living room floor? No wonder it didn't work out for Harry and me!"

"Well, Ma'am, none of us can guarantee a good one every time. But if we try several different positions and I shoot from six or seven angles, I'm sure you'll be pleased with the results."

"My, that's a lot!", gasped Mrs. Smith.

"Ma'am, in my line of work a man has to take his time. I'd love to be in and out in five minutes, but I'm sure you'd be disappointed with that."

"Don't I know it", said Mrs. Smith quietly.

The photographer opened his briefcase and pulled out a portfolio of his baby pictures. "This was done on the top of a bus", he said.

"Oh, my God!" Mrs. Smith exclaimed, grasping at her throat.

"And these twins turned out exceptionally well - when you consider their mother was so difficult to work with.."

"She was difficult?" asked Mrs. Smith.

"Yes, I'm afraid so. I finally had to take her to the park to get the job done right. People were crowding around four and five deep to get a good look."

"Four and five deep?" said Mrs. Smith, her eyes wide with amazement.

"Yes", the photographer replied. "And for more than three hours, too. The mother was constantly squealing and yelling - I could hardly concentrate, and when darkness approached I had to rush my shots. Finally, when the squirrels began nibbling on my equipment, I just had to pack it all in."

Mrs. Smith leaned forward. "Do you mean they actually chewed on your, uh...equipment?"

"It's true, Ma'am, yes.. Well, if you're ready, I'll set up my tripod and we can get to work right away."

"Tripod?"

"Oh yes, Ma'am. I need to use a tripod to rest my Canon on. It's much too big to be held in the hand very long."

Mrs. Smith fainted.
    I posted that in the Beano in 1975.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭Hitchens

...Feel terrible.

...and so you should :pac:

Edinburgh man Wullie McTavish is on his deathbed, knows the end is near & is with the nurse, his wife, his daughter and 2 sons.

"So", he says to them: "Bernie, I want you to take the Braid Hills houses."
    "Sybil, take the flats over in Morningside and Bruntsfield."
    "Tam, I want you to take the offices in Charlotte Square."
    "Sarah, my dear wife, please take all the residential buildings in the New Town."

The nurse is just blown away by all this, and as Wullie slips away, she says, "Mrs. McTavish, your husband must have been such a hard working man to have accumulated all this property".

Sarah replies, "Property? . . . The old bugger has a paper round!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

Edinburgh man Wullie McTavish is on his deathbed, knows the end is near & is with the nurse, his wife, his daughter and 2 sons.

"So", he says to them: "Bernie, I want you to take the Braid Hills houses."
    "Sybil, take the flats over in Morningside and Bruntsfield."
    "Tam, I want you to take the offices in Charlotte Square."
    "Sarah, my dear wife, please take all the residential buildings in the New Town."

The nurse is just blown away by all this, and as Wullie slips away, she says, "Mrs. McTavish, your husband must have been such a hard working man to have accumulated all this property".

Sarah replies, "Property? . . . The old bugger has a paper round!"
    A Donegalman rushed into a barber's shop with a pig under his arm.

"Where did you get that?" asked the barber.

"I won him in a raffle," said the pig.

Anti-Donegal & Anti-Scottish racism rampant on this thread

Im doubly outraged :p

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    Anti-Donegal & Anti-Scottish racism rampant on this thread

Im doubly outraged :p

A Scottish atheist was spending a quiet day fishing in the lake when suddenly his boat was attacked by the Loch Ness monster. In one easy flip, the beast tossed him and his boat at least a hundred feet into the air. It then opened its mouth waiting below to swallow them both.
    As the Scotsman sailed head over heels and started to fall towards the open jaws of the ferocious beast, he cried out, "Oh, my God! Help me!"
    Suddenly, the scene froze in place and as the atheist hung in midair, a booming voice came out of the clouds and said, "I thought you didn't believe in Me!" "God, come on, give me a break!" the man pleaded, "Just seconds ago I didn't believe in the Loch Ness monster either!"

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭burnhardlanger

Three kids, from Jamaica, Norway and Cork were at school arguing whose Dad was the fastest.

"My Dad can run 100m in under 10 seconds" said the Jamaican. "He's the fastest"

"But my Dad loves downhill skiing. He goes 80 mile per hour sometimes" countered the Norwegian. "He's faster than your Dad".

"My Dad works for Cork Corporation" said the Cork lad.

"He finishes work at 5 and get's home for 3"

• Advertisement

With the holidays upon us, I would like to share a personal experience with you about drinking and driving.

This is a first for me, as I normally don't preach to others. As you may know some of us have been known to have brushes with the authorities from time to time on the way home after a "social session" out with friends.

Well, a few days ago I was out for an evening with friends and had several cocktails followed by some rather rather nice red wine. Feeling jolly I still had the sense to know that I may be slightly over the limit.

That's when I did something that I've never done before — I took a bus home. Sure enough on the way home, there was a police booze checkpoint, but since it was a bus they waved it past and I arrived home safely without incident.

This was a real surprise as I had never driven a bus before. I don't know where I got it and now that it's in my back yard, I don't know what to do with it.

Merry Christmas…!

A farmer and his wife were lying in bed one evening; she was knitting, he was reading the latest issue of Animal Husbandry. He looks up from the page and says to her, "Did you know that humans are the only species in which the female achieves orgasm?" She looks at him wistfully, smiles, and replies, "Oh yeah? Why don't you prove it." He frowns for a moment, then says, "Okay." He then gets up and walks out, leaving his wife with a confused look on her face. About a half an hour later, he returns all tired and sweaty and proclaims, "Well I'm sure the cow and sheep didn't, but the way that pig's always squealing, how can you tell?"

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭catgalway

Earlier this year, a group of bikers were riding out when they saw a girl about to jump off the Humber Bridge . So they stopped.
    George, their leader, a big burly man of 53, gets off his Harley, walks through a group of gawkers, past the Policeman who was trying to talk her down off the railing, and says, "Hey Baby.....whatcha doin' up there on that railin'?" She says tearfully, "I'm going to commit suicide!!"

While he didn't want to appear "sensitive," George also didn't want to miss this "be-a-legend" opportunity either so he asked ..."Well, before you jump, Honey-Babe...why don't you give ole George here your best last kiss?"

So, with no hesitation at all, she leaned back over the railing and did just that ... and it was a long, deep, lingering kiss followed immediately by another even better one.
    After they breathlessly finished, George gets a big thumbs-up approval from his biker-buddies, the onlookers, and even the Policeman, and then says, "Wow! That was the best kiss I have ever had, Honey! That's a real talent you're wasting, Sugar Shorts. You could be famous if you rode with me. Why are you committing suicide?"

"My parents don't like me dressing up like a girl."
    It's still unclear whether she jumped or was pushed.

Have you ever wondered where and how yodeling began?
    Many years ago a man was traveling through the mountains of Switzerland .

Nightfall was rapidly approaching and he had nowhere to sleep. He went up to a farmhouse and asked the farmer if he could spend the night.

The farmer told him that he could sleep in the barn.

As the story goes, the farmer's daughter asked her father, "Who is that man going into the barn?"

"That fellow travelling through," said the farmer. "needs a place to stay for the night, so, I told him he could sleep in the barn."

The daughter said, "Perhaps he is hungry." So she prepared him a plate of food and then took it out to the barn.

About an hour later, the daughter returned. Her clothing disheveled and straw in her hair. Straight up to bed she went.

The farmer's wife was very observant. She then suggested that perhaps the man was thirsty. So she fetched a bottle of wine, took it out to the barn, and she too did not return for an hour. Her clothing was askew, her blouse buttoned incorrectly. She also headed straight to bed.

The next morning at sunrise the man in the barn got up and continued on his journey, waving to the farmer as he left.

When the daughter awoke and learned that the visitor was gone, she broke into tears. "How could he leave without even saying goodbye," she cried. "We made such passionate love last night!"

"What?" shouted the father as he angrily ran out of the house looking for the man, who by now was halfway up the mountain.

The farmer screamed up at him, "I'm going to get you! You had sex with my daughter!"

The man looked back down from the mountain side, cupped his hand next to his mouth, and yelled out.....

"LAIDTHEOLADEETOO"

Favourite German Joke

"A german couple had a baby boy. After two years he had not spoken a word. The doctors could not find any thing wrong and advised them to wait and see.

When he was eight years old they were having dinner and the boy said "This soup needs salt" The parents were amazed and asked "Hans why have you not spoken before ? "

The boy replied "Up to now every thing has been to my satisfaction "

• Advertisement

Working people frequently ask retired people what they do to make their days interesting.

Well, for example, the other day, Bev my wife and I went into town and visited a shop.

When we came out, there was a cop writing out a parking ticket.

We went up to him and I said, 'Come on, man, how about giving a senior citizen a break?'
    He ignored us and continued writing the ticket.
    I called him an ?a--hole? . He glared at me and started writing another ticket for having worn-out tires.

So Bev called him a ?s--t head?. He finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first.
    Then he started writing more tickets. This went on for about 20 minutes. The more we abused him, the more tickets he wrote..

Just then our bus arrived, and we got on it and went home.

We try to have a little fun each day now that we're retired. It's important at our age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

An oldie but given the time of year - probably originates from a seventies Two Ronnies Christmas Special - apologies if it's here already.

The Christmas panto for paranoid schizophrenics ended in chaos last night when someone in the audience shouted 'he's behind you!'.

At a rent-a-boat company, the caller said into the microphone: boat 99, your hour is up, please head in.

An employee walks up to him and says: We only have 75 boats, there is no boat 99 sir.

The caller then said into the microphone: Boat 66, are you in trouble?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭inc21

Aircraft Repairs:

Just in case you needed a laugh: Remember it takes a college degree to fly a plane, but only a high school diploma to fix one; that's reassurance to those of us who fly routinely.

After every flight, UPS pilots fill out a form, called a 'gripe sheet,' which tells mechanics about problems with the aircraft.

The mechanics correct the problems, document their repairs on the form, and then pilots review the gripe sheets before the next flight.

Never let it be said that ground crews lack a sense of humor. Here are some actual maintenance complaints submitted by UPS pilots (marked with a P) and the solutions recorded (marked with an S) by maintenance engineers.

P: Left inside main tire almost needs replacement.
    S: Almost replaced left inside main tire.
    P: Test flight OK, except auto-land very rough.
    S: Auto-land not installed on this aircraft.

P: Something loose in cockpit
    S: Something tightened in cockpit

P: Dead bugs on windshield.
    S: Live bugs on back-order.

P: Autopilot in altitude-hold mode produces a 200 feet per minute descent
    S: Cannot reproduce problem on ground.

P: Evidence of leak on right main landing gear.
    S: Evidence removed.

P: DME volume unbelievably loud.
    S: DME volume set to more believable level.

P: Friction locks cause throttle levers to stick.
    S: That's what friction locks are for.

P: IFF inoperative in OFF mode.
    S: IFF always inoperative in OFF mode.

P: Suspected crack in windshield.
    S: Suspect you're right.

P: Number 3 engine missing.
    S: Engine found on right wing after brief search

P: Aircraft handles funny. (I love this one!)
    S: Aircraft warned to straighten up, fly right and be serious.

P: Target radar hums.
    S: Reprogrammed target radar with lyrics.

P: Mouse in cockpit.
    S: Cat installed.

And the best one for last

P: Noise coming from under instrument panel. Sounds like a midget pounding on something with a hammer.
    S: Took hammer away from the midget

OMG! Came back 2nd time and still laughed my head off.

Have to save it somewhere...

A man is out shopping and discovers a new brand of Olympic condoms. Clearly impressed, he buys a pack. Upon getting home, the man informs his wife of his new purchase.

"Olympic condoms?", she asks, "What makes them so special?"

"There are three colors," he replies, "Gold, Silver and Bronze."

"What color are you going to wear tonight?" she asks cheekily.

"Gold of course," says the man proudly.

The wife responds, "Really, why don't you wear Silver? It would be nice if you came second for a change."

These are from a book called Disorder in the American Courts, and are things people actually said in court, word for word, taken down and now published by court reporters that had the torment of staying calm while these exchanges were actually taking place.

ATTORNEY: What was the first thing your husband said to you that morning?
    WITNESS: He said , 'Where am I, Cathy?'
    ATTORNEY: And why did that upset you?
    WITNESS: My name is Susan!

ATTORNEY: What gear were you in at the moment of the impact?
    WITNESS: Gucci sweats and Reeboks.

ATTORNEY: Are you silly active?
    WITNESS: No , I just lie there.

ATTORNEY: This myasthenia gravis , does it affect your memory at all?
    WITNESS: Yes.
    ATTORNEY: And in what ways does it affect your memory?
    WITNESS: I forget..
    ATTORNEY: You forget? Can you give us an example of something you forgot?

ATTORNEY: Do you know if your daughter has ever been involved in voodoo?
    WITNESS: We both do.
    ATTORNEY: Voodoo?
    WITNESS: We do..
    ATTORNEY: You do?
    WITNESS: Yes , voodoo.

ATTORNEY: Now doctor , isn't it true that when a person dies in his sleep , he doesn't know about it until the next morning?
    WITNESS: Did you actually pass the bar exam?

ATTORNEY: The youngest son, the 20-year-old, how old is he?
    WITNESS: He's 20, much like your IQ.

ATTORNEY: Were you present when your picture was taken?
    WITNESS: Are you sh*****g me?

ATTORNEY: So the date of conception (of the baby) was August 8th?
    ATTORNEY: And what were you doing at that time?
    WITNESS: Getting laid.

ATTORNEY: She had three children, right?
    ATTORNEY: How many were boys?
    WITNESS: None.
    ATTORNEY: Were there any girls?
    WITNESS: Your Honor, I think I need a different attorney. Can I get a new attorney?

ATTORNEY: How was your first marriage terminated?
    WITNESS: By death..
    ATTORNEY: And by whose death was it terminated?
    WITNESS: Take a guess.

ATTORNEY: Can you describe the individual?
    WITNESS: He was about medium height and had a beard
    ATTORNEY: Was this a male or a female?
    WITNESS: Unless the Circus was in town I'm going with male.

ATTORNEY: Is your appearance here this morning pursuant to a deposition notice which I sent to your attorney?
    WITNESS: No, this is how I dress when I go to work.

ATTORNEY: Doctor , how many of your autopsies have you performed on dead people?
    WITNESS: All of them.. The live ones put up too much of a fight.

ATTORNEY: ALL your responses MUST be oral , OK? What school did you go to?
    WITNESS: Oral...

ATTORNEY: Do you recall the time that you examined the body?
    WITNESS: The autopsy started around 8:30 PM
    ATTORNEY: And Mr. Denton was dead at the time?
    WITNESS: If not, he was by the time I finished.

ATTORNEY: Are you qualified to give a urine sample?
    WITNESS: Are you qualified to ask that question?

And last:

ATTORNEY: Doctor, before you performed the autopsy, did you check for a pulse?
    WITNESS: No.
    ATTORNEY: Did you check for blood pressure?
    ATTORNEY: Did you check for breathing?
    WITNESS: No..
    ATTORNEY: So, then it is possible that the patient was alive when you began the autopsy?
    ATTORNEY: How can you be so sure, Doctor?
    WITNESS: Because his brain was sitting on my desk in a jar.
    ATTORNEY: I see, but could the patient have still been alive, nevertheless?
    WITNESS: Yes, it is possible that he could have been alive and practising law.

Enda kenny ordered stamps with his portrait, manufactured in his
    honour to show the Irish people how good a job he was doing. After a while some complaints were made that the stamps were not sticking, Investigations were conducted by the GPO and revealed the reason :people where spitting on the wrong side of the stamps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭Curly Judge

THE ADULT LEARNING CENTRE FOR WOMEN

REGISTRATION MUST BE COMPLETED
    By Friday, January 31st, 2014

NOTE: DUE TO THE COMPLEXITY AND DIFFICULTY LEVEL
    OF THEIR CONTENTS, CLASS SIZES WILL BE LIMITED TO 8 PARTICIPANTS.
    Class 1
    Up in Winter, Down in Summer - How to Adjust a Thermostat
    Step by Step, with Slide Presentation.
    Meets 4 weeks, Monday and Wednesday for 2 hrs beginning at 7:00 PM.

Class 2
    Which Takes More Energy - Putting the Toilet Seat Down, or Bitching About It for 3 Hours?
    Round Table Discussion.
    Meets 2 weeks, Saturday 12:00 for 2 hours.

Class 3
    Is It Possible To Drive Past Marks & Spencer Without Stopping?--Group Debate.
    Meets 4 weeks, Saturday 10:00 PM for 2 hours.

Class 4
    Fundamental Differences Between a Handbag and a Suitcase--Pictures and Explanatory Graphics.
    Meets Saturdays at 2:00 PM for 3 weeks.

Class 5
    Curling Tongs--Can They Levitate and Fly Into The Bathroom Cabinet?
    Examples on Video.
    Meets 4 weeks, Tuesday and Thursday for 2 hours beginning
    At 7:00 PM

Class 6
    How to Ask Questions During Commercials and Be Quiet During the Programme.
    Help Line Support and Support Groups.
    Meets 4 Weeks, Friday and Sunday 7:00 PM

Class 7
    Can a Bath Be Taken Without 14 Different Kinds of Soaps and Shampoos?
    Open Forum.
    Monday at 8:00 PM, 2 hours.

Class 8
    Health Watch -They Make Medicine for PMT - and How To Use It!
    Three nights; Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 7:00 PM for 2 hours.

Class 9
    I Was Wrong and He Was Right!--Real Life Testimonials.
    Tuesdays at 6:00 PM Location to be determined.

Class 10
    How to Parallel Park In Less Than 20 Minutes Without an Insurance Claim.
    Driving Simulations.
    4 weeks, Saturday's noon, 2 hours.

Class 11
    Learning to Live - How to Apply Brakes Without Throwing Passengers Through the Windshield .
    Tuesdays at 7:00 PM, location to be determined

Class 12
    How to Shop by Yourself.
    Meets 4 weeks, Tuesday and Thursday for 2 hours beginning at 7:00 PM.

Upon completion of ANY of the above courses, diplomas will be issued to the survivors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭teacherhead

In a similar vein...... old but good

A new sign in the Bank Lobby reads:

"Please note that this Bank is installing new Drive-through ATM machines enabling customers to withdraw cash without leaving their vehicles.

Customers using this new facility are requested to use the procedures outlined below when accessing their accounts.

Please follow the appropriate steps for your gender:

MALE PROCEDURE

1. Drive up to the cash machine.
    2. Put down your car window.
    3. Insert card into machine and enter PIN.
    4. Enter amount of cash required and withdraw.
    5. Retrieve card, cash and receipt.
    6. Put window up.
    7. Drive off.

FEMALE PROCEDURE
    1. Drive up to cash machine.
    2. Reverse and back up the required amount to align car window with the machine.
    3. Set parking brake, put the window down.
    4. Find handbag, remove all contents on to passenger seat to locate card.
    5. Tell person on cell phone you will call them back and hang up.
    6. Attempt to insert card into machine.
    7. Open car door to allow easier access to machine due to its excessive distance parked from the car.
    8. Insert card.
    9. Re-insert card the right way.
    10. Dig through handbag to find diary with your PIN written on the inside back page.
    11. Enter PIN.
    12. Press cancel and re-enter correct PIN.
    13. Enter amount of cash required.
    14. Check makeup in rear view mirror.
    15. Retrieve cash and receipt.
    16. Empty handbag again to locate wallet and place cash inside.
    17. Write debit amount in check register and place receipt in back of checkbook.
    18. Re-check makeup.
    19. Drive forward 2 feet.
    20. Reverse back to cash machine.
    21. Retrieve card.
    22. Re-empty hand bag, locate card holder, and place card into the slot provided.
    23. Give dirty look to irate male driver waiting behind you.
    24. Restart stalled engine and pull off.
    25. Redial person on cell phone.
    26. Drive for 2 to 3 miles.
    27. Release Parking Brake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Duffys circus were holding auditions in the ring to try and discover the next big act of 2013.

This fella entered the ring and walked over to the ring master.

"Good afternoon says the ring master, and what is your act"?

"I'm a bird impressionist" says your man.

"bird impressionist??????" asks the ring master. "sorry, but we're after the greatest act for 2013", "I can tell you here and now that it won't be you". "if you were a tight role walker, a fire eater, or juggled chainsaws there might be a chance". Impersonating birds indeed. Sure who the hell would want to see that"? Said the ring master, rolling his eyes.

The man just shrugged his shoulders, said " fair enough, suit yourselves".

Then flew out of the ring.

• Advertisement

"Mr. Clark, I have reviewed this case very carefully," the divorce court Judge said, "And I've decided to give your wife $775 a week,"
    "That's very fair, your honor," the husband said. "And every now and then I'll try to send her a few bucks myself."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Dartz

American Joke....

Knock Knock...

BANG!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

What do you call a French man wearing sandals?
    Phillipe Phillop

For the days that are in it...
    Who delivers Christmas presents to pets?
    Why, Santa Paws of course!
    Where does Santa stay when he's on holidays?
    At a Ho-ho-tel!
    What would you call Father Christmas if he became a detective?
    Santa Clues!
    What does Santa get if he gets stuck in a chimney?
    Claustrophobic!
    What does Mrs. Claus sing to Santy on his birthday?
    "Freeze a jolly good fellow!"
    How many chimneys does Saint Nick go down?
    Stacks!
    What does Santa put on his toast?
    "Jingle Jam"
    What goes oh, oh, oh?
    Santa Claus walking backwards!
    What do you get if you cross Father Christmas with a duck?
    A Christmas Quacker!
    Why does Santa owe everything to the elves?
    Because he is an elf-made man!
    An honest politician, a kind lawyer and Santa Claus were walking down the street and saw a $20 bill. Which one picked it up??
    Santa! The other two don't exist!
    What nationality is Santa Claus?
    North Polish!
    What do you do if Santa Claus gets stuck in your chimney?
    Pour Santa flush on him!
    What's red and green and flies?
    An airsick Santa Claus!
    What does Santa say to the toys on Christmas Eve?
    Okay everyone, sack time!
    What do you call Saint Nick after he has come down the chimney?
    Cinder Claus!
    What do the elves call it when Père Noël claps his hands at the end of a play?
    Santapplause!
    What's red and white and falls down the chimney?
    Santa Klutz!
    Why does Santa like to work in his garden?
    Because he likes to hoe, hoe, hoe!
    Where does Father Christmas go to vote?
    The North Poll!
    What do you call a kitty on the beach on Christmas morning?
    Sandy Claws!
    What goes Ho, Ho, Swoosh! Ho, Ho, Swoosh?
    Santa caught in a revolving door!
    Why does Santa's sleigh get such good mileage?
    Because it has long-distance runners on each side!
    Who delivers presents to dentist offices?
    Santa Jaws!
    How does Père Noël take pictures?
    With his North "Pole"-aroid!
    What did Santa say to Mrs. Claus when he looked out the window?
    Looks like "rain", "Dear"!
    What's red & white and red & white and red & white?
    Santa rolling down a hill!
    What is twenty feet tall, has sharp teeth and goes Ho Ho Ho?
    Tyranno-santa Rex!
    How do we know Santa is such a good race car driver?
    Because he's always in the pole position!
    What does Santa use when he goes fishing?
    His north pole!
    Who delivers Christmas presents to elephants?
    Elephanta Claus!
    What do you get if Santa comes down the chimney while the fire is still burning?
    Crisp Kringle!
    What does Santa use when he goes fishing?
    His north pole!
    Why does St. Nicholas have a white beard?
    So he can hide at the North Pole!
    What do you call Santa when he has no money?
    Saint "Nickel"-less!
    What smells most in a chimney?
    Santa's nose!
    What does Kris Kringle like to get when he goes to the donut shop?
    A jolly roll!
    What do you call someone who doesn't believe in Father Christmas?
    A rebel without a Claus!
    What did Santa get when he crossed a woodpecker with kleenex?
    Rapping paper!
    What does Santa like to have for breakfast?
    Mistle-"toast"!
    What is invisible but smells like milk and cookies?
    Kris Kringle burps!

Hohoho :D

A woman was having a medical problem - her husband snoring.

So she called the doctor one morning, and asked him if there was anything he could do to relieve her "suffering."

"Well, there is one operation I can perform that will cure your husband, but it is really rather expensive. It will cost $1000 down, and payments of $450 for 24 months, plus payments for extras."

"My goodness!" the woman exclaimed, "sounds like leasing a new sports car!"

"Hmmm," the doctor murmured, "too obvious, huh?"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Saw a man sitting in an AA van sobbing his heart out. I thought 'He's heading for a breakdown'.

He wasn't. He was just popping to Tesco. Which was like a war zone today, only with a better selection of cheese.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Outside a male psychiatric hospital in Berlin at Christmas, a group of carol singers sang: "God Rest Ye Gerry Mentalmen.........." :)

Hitchens wrote: »
    Outside a male psychiatric hospital in Berlin at Christmas, a group of carol singers sang: "God Rest Ye Gerry Mentalmen.........." :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKD44k4cDGs

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Hagar the Nice.

I went into the docs yesterday and asked him if he had anything for wind,cheeky b handed me a kite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

An octopus goes into a bar and says "I can play any musical instrument there is!". Someone gives him a guitar which he plays better then Hendrix. Then someone gives him a piano which he plays better then Elton John. Then a Scotsman throws him a set of bagpipes... The Octopus fumbles about for a couple of minutes and the Scotsman's says "Whats wrong, can ye no play it?" Octopus says "Play it? I'm gonna fcuk her brains out once I get her Pyjamas off

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement