Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The try harder if ye want a second joke thread thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Hagar the Nice.

5 Men sitting in a bar. Mr. Wenger, Mr. Mourinho, Mr. Rodgers, Mr. Moyes and Mr. Martinez.....

The first round of beers was on Mourinho, he bought a Portuguese beer for each of the others. The second round was on Martinez, he bought everybody a San Miguel. The third round was on Wenger, he bought everybody a glass of red wine. The fourth round was on Rodgers, he bought a pint for the guys except Moyes.

Then Moyes said; Hey guys what about my pint???... Rodgers looked at him and said: Sorry David, this is the fourth round and you are not in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Woman: Do you drink beer? Man: Yes
    Woman: How many beers a day?
    Man: Usually about 3
    Woman: How much do you pay per beer?
    Man: $5.00 which includes a tip
    Woman: And how long have you been drinking?
    Man: About 20 years, I suppose
    Woman: So a beer costs $5 and you have 3 beers a day which puts your spending each month at $450. In one year, it would be approximately $5400 …correct?
    Man: Correct
    Woman: If in 1 year you spend $5400, not accounting for inflation, the past 20 years puts your spending at $108,000, correct?
    Man: Correct
    Woman: Do you know that if you didn't drink so much beer, that money could have been put in a step-up interest savings account and after accounting for compound interest for the past 20 years, you could have now bought a Ferrari?
    Man: Do you drink beer?
    Woman: No
    Man: What color is your Ferrari?

Stolen from reddit

A STUDENT ASKED HIS ENGLISH PROFESSOR,
    “WHAT IS THE DEFINITION OF A DILEMMA?".
    THE PROFESSOR SAID, “WELL, THERE'S NOTHING
    BETTER THAN AN EXAMPLE TO ILLUSTRATE THAT".
    "IMAGINE THAT YOU ARE LAYING IN A BIG BED WITH
    A BEAUTIFUL NAKED YOUNG WOMAN ON ONE SIDE
    AND A GAY MAN ON THE OTHER".
    "WHO ARE YOU GOING TO TURN YOUR BACK ON?"

A STUDENT ASKED HIS ENGLISH PROFESSOR,
    “WHAT IS THE DEFINITION OF A DILEMMA?".
    THE PROFESSOR SAID, “WELL, THERE'S NOTHING
    BETTER THAN AN EXAMPLE TO ILLUSTRATE THAT".
    "IMAGINE THAT YOU ARE LAYING IN A BIG BED WITH
    A BEAUTIFUL NAKED YOUNG WOMAN ON ONE SIDE
    AND A GAY MAN ON THE OTHER".
    "WHO ARE YOU GOING TO TURN YOUR BACK ON?"
    Bi gum,that is thought provoking.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

So with Thomas Hitzelberger having admitted he is gay, Sven and Lars aren't the only Benders to have played for Germany.

*gets coat*

Helps Castletownwoman find her coat.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

My young feller just told me there is a man at the door with a bill....turns out it's a duck with a hat on

Two ducks swimming across the Firth of Forth and a great big oil tanker looms up at them

"Quack" says one

"I'm swimming as quack as I can " says the other

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

corktina wrote: »
    Two ducks swimming across the Firth of Forth and a great big oil tanker looms up at them

"Quack" says one

"I'm swimming as quack as I can " says the other

If you think that event happened in the Firth of Forth, you don't know much about accents.

It was Belfast Lough!

• Advertisement

The ducks were on holiday

Collie D wrote: »
    A nun, a supermodel, Bertie Ahern and Mick from Dublin are sharing a compartment on a train. The train enters a tunnel and everything goes black. All of a sudden they hear a loud "SMACK" and when the train re-emerges from the tunnel Bertie has a big red handprint on the side of his face.

The nun thinks to herself: That creep must have got handsy with the supermodel when we went into the tunnel and she smacked him. Good for her!

The supermodel thinks: He must have tried to feel me up while we were in the dark and got the nun instead. Well done, Sister!

Bertie thinks to himself: What was that for?! I didn't do anything. I bet that Mick fella made a grab at yer wan and she thought it was me. It's not fair!

Mick smiles to himself thinking:
    Jaysus, I hope we go through another tunnel so I can smack that f*cker again.

there's a good tunnel under the Phoenix Park, if you are that way Mick.

corktina wrote: »
    The ducks were on holiday
    Hellooooooooooo:D
    http:// 7H2MAv.jpg

nah there was two of them

Here's his pal,the look alike though.

http://omg.wthax.org/7H2MAv.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭Curly Judge

A young Law student, having failed his Law exam, goes up to his crusty old professor, who is renowned for his razor-sharp legal mind.
    Student: "Sir, do you really understand everything about this subject?"
    Professor: "Actually, I probably do. Otherwise I wouldn't be a professor, would I?"
    Student: "OK. So I’d like to ask you a question. If you can give me the correct answer, I will accept my marks as it is. If you can't give me the correct answer, however, you'll have to give me an "A".
    Professor: "Hmmmm, alright. So what’s the question?"
    Student: "What is legal but not logical, logical but not legal, and neither logical nor legal?”
    The professor wracks his famous brain, but just can't crack the answer. Finally he gives up and changes the student's failing mark into an "A" as agreed, and the student goes away, very pleased.
    The professor continues to wrack his brain over the question all afternoon, but still can’t get the answer. So finally he calls in a group of his brightest students and tells them he has a really, really tough question to answer: "What is legal but not logical, logical but not legal, and neither logical nor legal?”
    To the professor's surprise (and embarrassment), all the students immediately raise their hands.
    "All right" says the professor and asks his favourite student to answer
    "It's quite easy, sir" says the student
    "You see, you are 65 years old and married to a 30 year old woman, which is legal, but not logical. Your wife has a 22 year old lover, which is logical, but not legal. And your wife's lover failed his exam but you've just given him an "A", which is neither legal, nor logical."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

A young Law student, having failed his Law exam, goes up to his crusty old professor, who is renowned for his razor-sharp legal mind.
    Professor: "Actually, I probably do. Otherwise I wouldn't be a professor, would I?"
    Student: "OK. So I’d like to ask you a question. If you can give me the correct answer, I will accept my marks as it is. If you can't give me the correct answer, however, you'll have to give me an "A".
    Student: "What is legal but not logical, logical but not legal, and neither logical nor legal?”
    The professor wracks his famous brain, but just can't crack the answer. Finally he gives up and changes the student's failing mark into an "A" as agreed, and the student goes away, very pleased.
    The professor continues to wrack his brain over the question all afternoon, but still can’t get the answer. So finally he calls in a group of his brightest students and tells them he has a really, really tough question to answer: "What is legal but not logical, logical but not legal, and neither logical nor legal?”
    To the professor's surprise (and embarrassment), all the students immediately raise their hands.
    "You see, you are 65 years old and married to a 30 year old woman, which is legal, but not logical. Your wife has a 22 year old lover, which is logical, but not legal. And your wife's lover failed his exam but you've just given him an "A", which is neither legal, nor logical."

That joke makes no sense, why would it be illegal to have a 22 year old lover?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Flibbles wrote: »

Well adultery was once known as 'criminal correspondence' so maybe it's a rather old joke

Flibbles wrote: »

For all pedantic pillocks everywhere:

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/opinion/forum/2010-04-26-column26_ST_N.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭ruthloss

Why put a 'About the Author' section in an Autobiography?

A Brunette, Redhead and Blonde entered into a game show.

The host explained the rules, “I am going to say jokes for a hour straight and who ever doesn’t laugh at the end receives $5000.00!” The host starts and after 15 minutes the redhead is out. He continues and after 40 minutes the brunette is out.

When the clock hits 59 minutes he gives up on making the blonde laugh. All of a sudden the blonde starts laughing, “Why are you cracking up now, all you had was one more minute to win the prize and I didn’t even tell a joke now?” He asks.

She replies, “I know, but I just got the first joke!”

• Advertisement

The host explained the rules, “I am going to say jokes for a hour straight and who ever doesn’t laugh at the end receives $5000.00!” The host starts and after 15 minutes the redhead is out. He continues and after 40 minutes the brunette is out.

When the clock hits 59 minutes he gives up on making the blonde laugh. All of a sudden the blonde starts laughing, “Why are you cracking up now, all you had was one more minute to win the prize and I didn’t even tell a joke now?” He asks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

I just got that joke the second time you told it ;)

Mr Cadbury met Miss Rowntree on a Double Decker
    It was just After Eight.
    They got off at Quality Street.
    He asked her name ?
    Polo, I'm the one with the hole, she said with a Whisper.
    I'm Marathon, the one with the nuts, he replied.

He touched her Cream Eggs which was a Kinder Surprise for her,
    Then he slipped his hand into her Snickers which made her Ripple.
    He fondled her Jelly Babies and she rubbed his Tic Tacs.
    Soon they were Heart Throbs.
    It was a Fab moment as she screamed in Turkish Delight.

But three days later his Sherbet Dib Dab started to itch .....
    turns out Miss Rowntree had been with Bertie Bassett who had Allsorts !

Mr Cadbury met Miss Rowntree on a Double Decker
    It was just After Eight.
    They got off at Quality Street.
    He asked her name ?
    Polo, I'm the one with the hole, she said with a Whisper.
    I'm Marathon, the one with the nuts, he replied.

He touched her Cream Eggs which was a Kinder Surprise for her,
    Then he slipped his hand into her Snickers which made her Ripple.
    He fondled her Jelly Babies and she rubbed his Tic Tacs.
    Soon they were Heart Throbs.
    It was a Fab moment as she screamed in Turkish Delight.

But three days later his Sherbet Dib Dab started to itch .....
    turns out Miss Rowntree had been with Bertie Bassett who had Allsorts !

I just got that joke the second time you told it ;)
    Not my fault on this occasion,I only posted it once.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Grand joke, but it is a bit silly.

Like the student's question was wrong, nothing was all three of those things, three separate things fell into those categories, but sure lots of things fall into those categories individually.

Also the "correct answer" the student was looking for wasn't correct at the time of asking the question. Indeed had the professor actually answered the question, his answer would have been wrong because the student would have still failed, and therefore not illogical and illegal (arguably this is the smart part of the joke).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

My mate just told me he robbed a shop last night. He was grinning from ear to ear so I said. "Must have been quite the haul, you look delighted! What did you get?"

"25 pictures" he said, handing one to me. "That one's 180 grand and that the cheapest of them!" he beamed.

I said, "you bloody idiot, these pictures are from an estate agent!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭Wotsername

Surprised no one has posted this so far, but hey ho! for all you aged hippies out there.

What's the difference between a duck?
    One of it's legs are both the same!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

I don't want to turn this Joke thread into a debate, but here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_v._Texas

The article briefly mentions it, and that's where the article should have stopped. It renders those State laws null. It is a sensationalised article.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭ruthloss

A fish swimming up a river, he hit his head on a concrete wall, "DAM"! he said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭on the river

Blond women was walking down the street. A person shouted "look at the dead bird" the blond looked up

A guy comes home
    completely drunk one night. He lurches through the door and
    is met by his scowling wife, who is most definitely not
    happy.

"Where the hell have you been all night?" she
    demands.

"At this new bar," he says. "The Golden
    Saloon. Everything there is golden. It's got huge golden
    doors, a golden floor and even the urinal's gold!"

The wife still doesn't believe his story, and the next
    day checks the phone book, finding a place across town
    called the Golden Saloon. She calls up the place to check
    her husband's story.

"Is this the Golden Saloon?" she asks when the
    bartender answers the phone.

"Yes it is," bartender answers.

"Do you have huge golden doors?"

"Sure do." "Do you have golden floors?"

"Most certainly do."

"What about golden urinals?"

There's a long pause, then the woman hears the bartender
    yelling, "Hey, Duke, I think I got a lead on the guy
    that pissed in your saxophone last night!"

When the clock hits 59 minutes he gives up on making the blonde laugh. All of a sudden the blonde starts laughing, “Why are you cracking up now, all you had was one more minute to win the prize and I didn’t even tell a joke now?” He asked

Eh... Don't get it.
    Blond women was walking down the street. A person shouted "look at the dead bird" the blond looked
    up

Nope, still nothin. (before you ask, NO)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭on the river

Wotsername wrote: »
    Eh... Don't get it.

dead bird cant fly

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

so you dyed your hair???

scottmcb04 wrote: »
    so you dyed your hair???

No, I'm bald. I thought it would make me smarter if i shaved it off. Ah well, Guess i'll Just have to rely on my huge mammary glands to get me some big, handsome, rich, witty hunk to explain things to me:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

Q: Whats the difference between a good barber and a bad barber?

A: About two weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,640 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

It may be too early in the morning, but I need help with this please, anyone?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

What's worse than finding a worm in your apple?

Rape

Why does noddy wear a bell on his hat?

Cos he's a cûnt

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Who invented camping?

Henry the tent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I’ll never be as good as a wall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

It may be too early in the morning, but I need help with this please, anyone?

It's supposed to be "what's the difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut"

Surprised no one has posted this so far, but hey ho! for all you aged hippies out there.

What's the difference between a duck?
    One of it's legs are both the same!

I guess you had to be there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

The standard has dropped big time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I heard Neil Armstrong had a habit of telling bad jokes about the moon, and ending with this phrase. Go Neil.

• Advertisement

A man in northern Minnesota woke up one morning to find a bear on his roof. He looked in the Yellow Pages, and sure enough, there was an ad for "Up North Bear Removers."
    He called the number listed and the bear remover said he'd be over within an hour.
    The bear remover arrived, and got out of his van. He had a ladder, a baseball bat, a 12 gauge shotgun, and a mean looking, heavily scarred old pit bull.
    "What are you going to do?" the homeowner asked.
    "I'm going to put this ladder up against the roof, then I'm going to go up there, and knock the bear off the roof with this baseball bat.
    When the bear falls off the roof, the pit bull is trained to grab his testicles, and not let go.
    The bear will then be subdued enough for me to put him in the cage in the back of the van."
    He then handed the shotgun to the homeowner.

"What's the shotgun for?" the homeowner asked.

"If the bear knocks me off the roof, you shoot the dog."

I suppose so, But you can imagine it can't you?

I suppose so, But you can imagine it can't you?

I may smoke a joint later and get back to you :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Egass13

What does a nosey pepper do ?

Gets jalepeno yo business ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭inc21

9/11 Americans won't get this joke.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement