Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking For Machinist/Greater Dublin Area

• 26-11-2010 10:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭

Need to get some Feedscrews machined

Any ideas of where/whats the best place?

Screws are about a foot in lenght

?ui=2&ik=25d9de1bf2&view=att&th=12c7ef6de9d41816&attid=0.2&disp=inline&zw

there is a variable thread(no 2 screws are the same) system and some detail at both ends.

I have detailed plans of the screws. if that helps.

any help would be great.

Best Regards
    Peter

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,184 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Moved from prices/costs

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Spannerman7

If it is a standard Trapizoidal or Acme thread you can buy it off the shelf form Huco in the UK http://www.huco.com/products.asp?p=true&cat=327
    If you can't find what your after PM me the details and I'll see if I can help out.
    Spannerman :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭peter05

cant buy it off the shelf, these dont get produce anymore. each one has to be have a different thread per inch

20, 30.5 etc i need them machined to a certain thread per inch. if the thread is off its useless to me.

plus there is certain detail i need on both ends for these Feedscrews to work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭chuck eastwood

I worked for a place called GBS enigineering. There just outside Naas, might be a bit far but they will do anything. one off's or batch work. Small family company. Nice people to deal with
    http://gbseng.ie/gbs-engineering/

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭neilr4

Chuck,

My uncle is a toolmaker (as am I) and has a lathe in his garage!

He lives in Drogheda and could easily do what you need..................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭peter05

neil4

can you pass along details. i can forward plans to him. drop in with a feedscrew etc

mind, am not prepared to pay over 50E per screw, need to get 5 - 10 done

thanks

Advertisement