Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Projects or reports due during study week?

Options
  • 26-11-2010 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Does anyone else have projects, reports, presentations etc due during study week? I am absolutely outraged with this! Shouldn't this be banned? I mean for f**k sake I really need this week for study as I have a very important exam on Monday. Instead of studying I will have to prepare a presentation for Tuesday and finish off a big project for Thursday which will only give me 3 days to study instead of a full week... :mad:
    Anyone else in the same boat?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Does anyone else have projects, reports, presentations etc due during study week? I am absolutely outraged with this! Shouldn't this be banned? I mean for f**k sake I really need this week for study as I have a very important exam on Monday. Instead of studying I will have to prepare a presentation for Tuesday and finish off a big project for Thursday which will only give me 3 days to study instead of a full week... :mad:
    Anyone else in the same boat?

I understand your frustration, if the deadline was end of week 12 you would have to have it finished but anyone could argue that if the study week is that important to you, you should take it upon yourself to complete the project by the end of week 12. As for the presentation, well thats only an hour out of your week.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭RyanK

Well I have a mid-term exam next week... And then a longer version of that exam the following week. I also had a project due next week but got it done before the end of Week 12 :cool:.

Still sucks though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 overthebar1

I get where your coming from but it was next to impossible to get the project done by week 12 as we were having important classes up until yesterday which were helping us with getting the final project done. So i couldn't have got the project done until i had gone to Thursdays class if you get me.
    As for the presentation, it will have to be prepared on powerpoint with my group so that will also take time. Some might say that I should have got all this done before now but my course is a constant stream of work one after another and i couldn have got them done till now.
    This is so annoying and frustrating and unfair imo :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Toby_2010

yup iv lap reports due next week!!!! fml

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

it is banned everything is meant to be done by the end of week 12

im in 4th year and this is the first semester were i didnt have anything due in in week 12 or study week, it made a massive difference having all my projects due last sunday it was like having an extra study week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

I had the first of my Exams today the first day of "study week" pain in the A** but at least it's over with now. 4 more to go !!

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

I forgot that there really shouldn't be any deadlines in Week 13!

I had an oral this week as well as a Linguistics, Spanish and Politics essay to be handed in for Friday! :eek:

I've been sick the last month so I got an extension for most of it and I only have 2 exams but otherwise I'd be absolutely snapping! My friends are tearing their hair out.

Advertisement