Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Office Sorting Office Crumlin Village

Options
  • 26-11-2010 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭

Anybody know if the post office sorting centre thats in Crumlin Village opens on a Saturday? I bought something from abroad, using a friends credit card and they missed the delivery, and now it is in the depot, so I want to go collect it tomorrow if I can.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Holiers

Its not open on Saturdays, but it is open from 8am on weekdays as far as I remember.

The reason people tend not to be in to accept deliveries is because they work office hours. So how they are supposed to be able to ccollect their parcels in an office, that is only open pretty much office hours I don't know. :(

Net result is I don't order stuff that needs to be delivered, and An Post are loosing business.

I have tried to make the point to the staff, but was a complete waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Gravale

If you spot the postman on his rounds then ask him to leave the packet with a neighbour. You could also phone the sorting office and ask for the postman, but phone as early as you can. Alternatively, put a note above your letterbox making the request. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Pretty sure the sign in the Crumlin collection office says it's open 7am-6pm Monday-Friday. Never been there before 8 myself though.

Yes, if you are willing to call that early then you can collect then. Otherwise follow the suggestions I've made above. Phone the office and talk with them. They're just human like the rest of us and respond well to polite requests. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I'd ring them and find out..They might be open to clear the back log.

Also if you go down later today they normally have them back in by then.

• Advertisement

Yes, phoning beforehand would be the thing to do. There won't be much clearing of backlogs done while this weather persists though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

holiers, why not just get packages delivered to your place of work ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

Sorry I forgot about this thread.

It is open Monday to Friday. Last collection is at 17:30.

I got my package, after they lost it. Had an inquiry and then found it again. Was well pissed off over it, but it got sorted.

Thanks for all the answers.

Advertisement