Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physio in Waterford

• 26-11-2010 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi, I'm looking for a good physio in Waterford, training for ten mile run and am having a couple of problems. Anyone have contact details for Michael Casey, he used to be in Tycor, was with him a couple of years ago and found him very good?? The mobile I have is no longer in use and he appears to be gone from Tycor. Anyone know if he is set up somewhere else in the City? Or if not any other recommendations? Feel free to pm me. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

there's a guy down next to Three Shippes pub who is very good..ill ask himself later who he is..he's treated him for a lot of sports injuries in the past and he's always said he wouldnt pass him..will find out and let you know:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 horselips

Appreciate that, thanks for your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Dominkk83

Went to a physio in Tramore he was very good. Really gets in there and finds the source of the problem. Couldn't recommend him highly enough.

Last year I had a bad back problem and he took me from behind one night in his office and my back has been perfect ever since. Certainly has healing hands.

His website.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 magpie30

he took me from behind one night in his office

hope he didnt charge you for that session

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

The physio I said I'd look up for you

Vivienne Keller, Canada House, Canda Square (next to tuk tuk thai) 051 855000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭doublejj

mick very good...hard to get though...stuart in splashworld good and sound too

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Dominkk83 wrote: »
    Last year I had a bad back problem and he took me from behind one night in his office and my back has been perfect ever since. Certainly has healing hands.

His website.

HE DID WHAT? hahaha
    You've made my day!
    Are you sure it was a physio you went to?

Surely you could of worded that better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Ron Swanson in Tramore is very good. He's above Boots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Ha ha...I've only seen this now...

I'm quite sure there's been a mistake in the post above, or someone is clearly out to wind Nigel up :D

For what it's worth, I've been to quite a few physios over the years, a lot of them highly-recommended, and hand on heart, Nigel O'Connor is the best there is. Most of my family use him, as do a lot of lads I work with, and most of them are footballers and runners. He's never failed to diagnose and correct any problems I've had.

The good thing about Nigel is he's young and not from the 'heard it all before, know what it is already' school of thought. He will actually listen to your symptoms before making any judgements, and he is quite honest in his assessments. If you don't require treatment from him and need someone like a chiropractor instead, he will tell you that. He will spend close to an hour working on you if it's needed, and not usher you out the door on the half-hour like others I could mention. He is currently part of the team that treats the Mount Sion and Waterford hurlers, so that's a good recommendation in itself.

Honestly, I wouldn't go anywhere else...unless it was to a fit female physio who would let me take her from behind :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

deisemum wrote: »
    Ron Swanson in Tramore is very good. He's above Boots.

he does ankles,feet and toes as well...:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 horselips

I got sorted,don't think Mick Casey is doing the injury clinic anymore but someone from De La Salle would probably know.

Thanks for all the replies.

Advertisement