Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photo on google maps

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Nucky wrote: »
    Hi there,

I am just looking for advice or if anyone could provide a possible explanation for the picture in the window of this house, as it's google maps I can only post a link and not the direct image

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=beechbrook+park+greystones+ireland&sll=37.230328,-95.712891&sspn=31.37099,78.662109&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Beechbrook+Park,+Greystones,+County+Wicklow,+Ireland&layer=c&cbll=53.142864,-6.085582&panoid=7QB-DMksF95DC17w0QsF-A&cbp=12,190.79,,3,5.62&ll=53.141751,-6.08355&spn=0,0.038409&z=15

If you zoom out you can see that some things are reflected in the window but there is nothing that could cause this reflection?

Thanks

I see the reflection of a 206, and the pillar of the wall, and a gas canister, and then there's stuff inside the window. That's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭stepdoyle

lol its the rear alloy of the car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

This is clearly Jack Skellington's Irish residence.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 daravinny

the image that jumped out to me is the figure of the man in a hat that can be seen reflected halfway between the righthand side of yellow/orange thing and the curtain in the window.

still think its just a trick of the eye though, we cant see whats behind the wall causing the reflection. there are obviously gas cylinders, but what else? a stain on the wall maybe.

the distorted wheel alloy cant be what the op was talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

daravinny wrote: »
    the image that jumped out to me is the figure of the man in a hat that can be seen reflected halfway between the righthand side of yellow/orange thing and the curtain in the window.

still think its just a trick of the eye though, we cant see whats behind the wall causing the reflection. there are obviously gas cylinders, but what else? a stain on the wall maybe.

the distorted wheel alloy cant be what the op was talking about.

It was the alloy that jumped out at me.
    I can't see the man you describe.

• Advertisement

its there, once you see it, you cant look without seeing it, but again, I think its just a distortion of the refection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

looks like the mask from the scream movies

but it is the rear alloy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,601 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Its "glaringly" obvious (sorry couldnt resist!) that its the reflection of the car wheel.

the car wheel image is not the one Im talking about though....

look between the reflection of the gas canister and the curtain to the right.

the car wheel image is not the one Im talking about though....

look between the reflection of the gas canister and the curtain to the right.
    Can you print screen the image into Paint or something and show us what you mean? Because I can't see anything where you're describing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

this whole staring a picture of a close up of someones front window is a bit too voyeur-ish for me, but looking at a window full of reflections is seeing-things-that-arent-there city

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

If you zoom out you can clearly see that it's the hubcap of the car that's reflected in the window.

picture.php?albumid=1479&pictureid=7993

as I said, its very sketchy and a distortion of the reflection, but it looks like an image of a man in a hat. just sayin!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭stepdoyle

as I said, its very sketchy and a distortion of the reflection, but it looks like an image of a man in a hat. just sayin!!!

you have some eyesight!

stepdoyle wrote: »
    you have some eyesight!

thanks;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

And some imagination!

you need a good imagination when your ghostbustin':D

seriously though, can you not make out an image of a bloke in a hat? can anybody even see what I am on about? I never claimed it was a ghoul, just a trick of the light and shadow. maybe i do need my eyes examined.

you need a good imagination when your ghostbustin':D

seriously though, can you not make out an image of a bloke in a hat? can anybody even see what I am on about? I never claimed it was a ghoul, just a trick of the light and shadow. maybe i do need my eyes examined.
    I can see what looks to me like a guy in a top hat, but you're right - it's just the shadows/pixels/whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

I believe this is just that thing where the mind sees faces/figures in abstract patterns, most oftenly because one is looking for them. I see nothing in this picture apart from what is clearly there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

if i take a picture of me floor can i open a new thread and we have a game of pareidolia with it? could have swore i saw a ghost in it the other day

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

I see it :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

caseyann wrote: »
    I see it :eek:

would ya stop :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Package wrote: »
    would ya stop :eek:

You are just jealous you havent got 20/20 :p Open them and look spooky stuff
    :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Has anyone seen any other spooky images on google?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

I can see what looks like a grim reaper mask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

1551c_Scream2.jpg

Look!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

StereoLove wrote: »
    I can see what looks like a grim reaper mask.

Yeah we've established that that's the alloy off the car...

OP, it looks like a smeared window maybe?

Advertisement