Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current snow, ice and travel reports for local area

Options
  • 27-11-2010 12:46am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17

Evening all, did anyone just hear thunder???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Matt Le Tissue

was that what it was?
    Im in Killincarrig and the windows rattled and the dogs are howling big time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

maddest thunder ever

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

Thunder, lightening, snow & a beautiful orange sky. We're getting it all this evening. Meant to snow for the next few hours right over Greystones.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

Tis very White out there now . I hope the sheep are cleared from the field at the top of the Farrankelly road in the morning so I my son can sledge down the hill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jason X

Didn't hear the thunder the first time but felt the rumble and the doors in my house shook big time!

Heard the last two rumbles and all of a sudden the place is covered in snow too! Ha!

Hope we don't get the same severe weather as last year, I can't take more of those traffic jams.

Not sure about maddest thunder ever but earlier on (a couple of hours ago) I saw bright white flashes in the sky a couple of times... I wasn't sure if it was actually lightning or not but if it was then it was really strange to see it appear so intensly white!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Wow, love it. Thunder and snow? Never heard/saw that before.
    My dog is going nuts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭MrsA

and all the interesting threads get locked :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

5209922579_018dd604f5_z.jpg
    DSC_0956 by pixbyjohn, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭eleMental

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

eleMental wrote: »

Nice photo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Its snowing again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

Wheres good to bring kids locally in the snow. Any ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

dr ro wrote: »
    Wheres good to bring kids locally in the snow. Any ideas.

See my above post. Field at top of the road to the N11. Last year it was packed with election posters, plastic boxes and anything that can be used as a sledge really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

What's the roads like around there?

darsar wrote: »
    See my above post. Field at top of the road to the N11. Last year it was packed with election posters, plastic boxes and anything that can be used as a sledge really!
    thanks I'll try it out. Roll on the general election!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Just looking at met.ie and the animated radar - looks like some nice snow/sleet coming our way up from Wexford.

There is also the http://www.irelandsweather.com website which shows temps locally.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

I like snow and all that. However I've been stuck in CDG Paris for the last 8.5 hours and I'm quite bored. Hence I'm posting here! I just hope the snow holds off till I get home. What's it doing outside now!

Just started snowing again I'm afraid. Pretty heavy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Thread title changed.

Any reports of snow and ice to be posted here. (for local area only)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

What makes it worse is that right up to the time it started snowing, there was a bit of freezing fog, so the stuff that's down is frozen over and there's 1cm of fresh stuff down.

If you're stuck and need anything done, FirstIn, I'm just a few doors up from you. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Just wondering if SickCert or anyone else in the know is about...

Seeing that the 184s were terminating in Charlesland today, is there a possibility that the 84x will only run from here in the morning too? Obviously there's nothing up on the DB website yet, probably won't have anything up until after I'm supposed to head for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Ugh, need to get the 84x to town tomorrow. Likelyhood of this happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Son of Jack

According to 21.45 update, Bus Eireann are not operating south of Bray.

84 and 184 both terminating at Bray Station.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Dart should be pretty packed in the morning so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

road from charlesland to kilcoole is more or less iced over, hmm looks like were stuck in so

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭jaffa20

road from charlesland to kilcoole is more or less iced over, hmm looks like were stuck in so

I saw the gritter on it earlier. Unless they were on there way to the n11 and not gritting it at all:D This snow is a pain in the ass!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 jedishelly

The latest from Met Éireann:

Issued at 29 November 2010 - 11:40
    WEATHER ADVISORY
    Heavy snowfalls expected tonight, tomorrow and tomorrow night in east Leinster with accumulations of 5-10cm of snow in inland locations and 10-20cm in Counties Louth and Dublin and 15-25cm in County Wicklow.

Valid from: 18:00 29/11/2010
    to: 00:00 01/12/2010

This exceptionally cold weather will continue through the week.
    Night-time temperatures will drop as low as -10C (or lower) and daytime maxima of zero to 4 degrees C.
    Further snow showers will occur with a high risk of significant accumulations in the east.
    Freezing fog also.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

Kilquade turn off from Greystones to Kilcoole rd is barely passable as far as and including the Ballyronan rd .

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭danjo

I like this site as it gives lots of detail on weather forecast.

http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Wicklow/Greystones/hour_by_hour.html

danjo ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

That site seems good, but isn't it supposed to snow tonight? Or does snow count as percipitation...

Advertisement