Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current snow, ice and travel reports for local area

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭In the Woods

Left Tallaght village at 3:15pm, home in Charlesland at 4pm. M50 grand. Bit of slush on the road between Kilmac and the turn off for charlesland. Farankelly road fine but very slow. Charlesland estate like an ice rink.

Not too bad all things considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭audreyp

Anyone know if the bus from the dart to Charlesland is running this evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

It is running.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Tomato

Hi - anyone know which bus to get to cherrywood / are they running? Usually drive but need to get to Cherrywood Luas as early as poss tmrw.. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 41,066 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Tomato wrote: »
    Hi - anyone know which bus to get to cherrywood / are they running? Usually drive but need to get to Cherrywood Luas as early as poss tmrw.. thanks
    84 - don't think they are running tomorrow as no buses were coming into Greystones at all today - Maybe you could get Dart to Bray and finnegans bus to sandyford luas?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Tomato

Sounds like a plan. thanks a mill :)

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭bogtreader

Shoelaces wrote: »
    Incidents of cannibalism reported in Newtown Mount Kennedy
    Dunnes stores have run out of fava beans and chianti:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

Anyone ventured out yet, how are the roads this am? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Ciaranpm

On dart to town saw cars driving towards n11 on farrankelly link road. To greystones from Eden gate Is slushy but was easy to negotiate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

according to east coast windgates impassable at the moment and farrenkelly icey....

• Advertisement

I just made it into Sandyford, I drove up the farrenkelly road and that wasn't too bad. The M50 is pretty bad though and the sandyford exit is very slushy!

Johnnymcg wrote: »
    84 - don't think they are running tomorrow as no buses were coming into Greystones at all today - Maybe you could get Dart to Bray and finnegans bus to sandyford luas?

Where does the finnegans bus leave from in Bray? I didn't even consider this as an option. It would be very handy on mornings like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Has anyone seen any Aircoaches operating? According to their website (updated regularly, and latest at 03.45am) they're running a full service from Greystones even over the supposedly impassable Windgates hill and were doing so even when DB were cancelling everything left right and centre yesterday.

I'm supposed to be going to the airport tomorrow (if my flight isn't cancelled, that is!)from Bray and I'd like some confirmation that they are actually running.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

i did see an aircoach pulled in on the main street last nite at about 6.30 so i assume they are running... you should give them a buzz though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

i drove over Windgates into Bray around 8.30, no problem. Also the hill at the top of Bellevue road (Tesco end) was manageable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Just drove from Arklow on the N11, down Farrankelly Road and into Kilcoole - all roads were fine, no problems at all, a bit slushy but no slipping at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Into town in under an hour this morning and back out in 40 minutes. N11 clear all the way to junction at SAR outside lane slushy in places but driving lane is fine.

Will be scary if it freezes over.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

Into town in under an hour this morning and back out in 40 minutes. N11 clear all the way to junction at SAR outside lane slushy in places but driving lane is fine.

Will be scary if it freezes over.

Thanks. With all the warnings of -10 at night etc, the roads don't appear to have frozen over at all so far. That seems to be the main difference with last January's snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

The sun is out, the temps are at around 2 degrees at the moment - Met eireann are saying the temps will drop to -11 tonight! (probably not that low with us being beside the sea). Melting sludgy snow developing overnight into nice dirty brown ice for the morning!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭jaffa20

The paths are like ice rinks now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Dublin is getting lots of snow this evening, Greystones has been shielded from the snow by the Isle of Man today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    Dublin is getting lots of snow this evening, Greystones has been shielded from the snow by the Isle of Man today.

Might make its way here yet John.

Just back from Lidl and the roads in Charlesland are dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

pixbyjohn wrote: »

Indeed, fantastic amount of snow in Dublin,, just back from Ballsbridge where it has snowed non stop from 13.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

Damo9090 wrote: »
    Just back from Lidl and the roads in Charlesland are dreadful.

Have to drive to Belfast in the morning and I'm hoping Charlesland will be the worst leg of the journey :D

dubsgirl wrote: »
    Have to drive to Belfast in the morning and I'm hoping Charlesland will be the worst leg of the journey :D

With a bit of luck.

I linked to the Dublin CC traffic cameras further back in this thread and there are a good few shots of the M50. Might be worth your while to check it out to see what faces you on your journey!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Swords had 10cm (4") of snow about 1 hour ago

• Registered Users Posts: 14,935 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Dublin city centre was like the north pole this evening - was amazed to get to Greystones and find the roads were mostly clear. The kids' school (St Patricks) is even threatening to open tomorrow - they won't be impressed when they find out :pac:

Light snow falling for a while now.

A threat of frontal snow in the morning which will make things a lot worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Mad how it was so snowy in town. Not a flake in Greystones!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

According to my hygrometer lowest temp overnight was -5.1C and currently -1.6C. Everything is crunchy under foot and the road is like an ice rink. Go easy out there!

Advertisement