Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current snow, ice and travel reports for local area

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

According to my hygrometer lowest temp overnight was -5.1C and currently -1.6C. Everything is crunchy under foot and the road is like an ice rink. Go easy out there!

-9 here yesterday morning as I cleared the car. So glad i didnt go to Canada just now cos of the winter :D

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

Driving home the other night I was relieved to find how clear it was south of Glen of the Downs. Looking down towards the Glen and Bray Head yesterday I could see the snow clouds on the far side (north). We didn't get the worst of it for some reason. We're pretty well protected by the hills and mountains around.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-11901718

This I think backs up Johns theory re: Isle of Man

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Matt Le Tissue

brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

snowing again!

edit: very light and doesn't look like it'll be for too long.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Anybody know what the N11 and Farrankelly road are like this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Fine no probs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Fine no probs.

Thanks a Million.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Pure ice out there atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Dr. Dodger

Anyone driven through Charlesland and Greystones Main Street tonight? What's it's like? I'm dreading the drive in the morning :(

• Advertisement

Just popped up to the village there in the last hour - roads in Charlesland are crap with black ice on the main roundabout at Seabourne. From the swimming pool up to the village is fine, but came back through the Burnaby and it was unbelievably leathal.

Just drive slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Dr. Dodger

astrofluff wrote: »
    Just popped up to the village there in the last hour - roads in Charlesland are crap with black ice on the main roundabout at Seabourne. From the swimming pool up to the village is fine, but came back through the Burnaby and it was unbelievably leathal.

Just drive slowly.

And it's only 10pm... It'll probably get a lot worse overnight!

Thanks for that info.

Just a quick note:

The little rivers running across the road from melted snow on the SAR have turned into ice this evening. It's leathal.

Now that the Ballyronan rd is passable they've just gritted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

Another few days of disruption ahead it seems. Could be seeing considerable white stuff Saturday to Monday.

Roads could be dangerous from this evening onwards.

Lots more info on the weather forum on here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=374

Whats all the fuss about !!!!! It's a lovely day ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Nice blanket of snow out there now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭NarkyBoots

It's hammering down snow here in SoCoDu.

Any snow in Greystones? How is the N11?

I'm here in Ballinteer till 6pm so hoping to get home behind a snowplough or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Langerland

Any snow update there? Not snowing where I am but thinking of heading early if its bad there or en route.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

No snow in Greystones at all today, nothing has made it over Bray head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Hasn't been any out here all day so far anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

Highly recommend following these guys on their website, http://www.irishweatheronline.com/ or on Twitter & Facebook.
    Real time weather updates tweeted by the general public as well as some of the most accurate weather forecasts available.

No affiliation of any kind, it's just a very useful free service :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Apip99

Must have had 5" in Monks towen the past hour or two, not need to get out and home to Delgany. Not looking forward to this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

Apip99 wrote: »
    Must have had 5" in Monks towen the past hour or two, not need to get out and home to Delgany. Not looking forward to this one!
    Check AA roadwatch before you leave, roads in Dun-Laoghaire are supposed to be very bad

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭murphyaii

watch those roads if your travelling this evening!!

Just cam ealong M50. Snow was building up as was traffic as far as Leopardstown then a big tailback due to some very important tree trimming in the glen. Ah! Wickow cc. You never dissapoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭eleMental

It was single lane on the N11 at Glen of the Downs on my way home (southbound) today at about half 4 because of roadworks - this was causing tailbacks up to Kilmac - could be gone by now though....

Yes, they started lifting the cones at 4.30. And it was hedge trimming rather than roadworks. I think Shane Ross wrote a book about them. it's called ''wasters''

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭jaffa20

I think we're in for some serious snowfall here tonight. South dublin today was just crazy. Took me 45 minutes to get onto n11 from foxrock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

wicklowdub wrote: »
    No snow in Greystones at all today, nothing has made it over Bray head.

Any update on windgates? Is it passable?

Advertisement