Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current snow, ice and travel reports for local area

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

really snowing now. Over an inch in last 30 minutes. Still coming down hard in Charlesland

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gstones123

Anyone know if windgates is passable now? Or Delgany back road into Greystones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 EntenteC

Has stopped falling but thick layer outside..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

184 bus is cancelled so im guessing windgates isn't great

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

kateos2 wrote: »
    184 bus is cancelled so im guessing windgates isn't great
    Aircoach is still running though according to the website, same as during the last 'snow event'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 gstones123

Other half just got home 6 hours after leaving town... couldn't make it over windgates had to turn back. Farrenkelly & roads through greystones ok. Aircoach is running.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

Laurence's closed tomorrow. http://www.stlaurences.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Snowing in west Dublin just stopped in the last hour, I reckon we'll get another blast in greystones around midnight and again around 3 judging by satellite imagery and radar

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Snowing in west Dublin just stopped in the last hour, I reckon we'll get another blast in greystones around midnight and again around 3 judging by satellite imagery and radar

It is past midnight:p

I can't see precipitation reaching us before dawn but there does seem to be alot of cloud moving over from wales by looking at raintoday.co.uk

Also, on a different note, has anybody seen 1 single gritter on the charlesland road this evening because it looks like an ice rink!

It will be fun fun fun tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

Light snow in charlesland now. A possibility it could get heavy during the morning, depending on wind dirction, which will add to what is here already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭neets

Took me five and a half hours to get home from Dublin. Neighbour had to pick up kids from crèche and look after them. Thank god for great neighbors! Thought I wasn't going to get home at one stage. Am staying put today! Btw Delgany National School closed today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

neets wrote: »
    Took me five and a half hours to get home from Dublin. Neighbour had to pick up kids from crèche and look after them. Thank god for great neighbors! Thought I wasn't going to get home at one stage. Am staying put today! Btw Delgany National School closed today.

:eek: One good thing about this bad weather is that it is bringing the best out of neighbours and friends. Looks like a day for staying put today alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Has anyone been up the SAR to the N11 in the last hour? Or is there a route to the N11 which is good?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

I've been from Charlesland to Newcastle and back via the Farrankelly & N11 to collect a stranded girlfriend, and also from Charlesland to Kilcoole return for petrol with no major issues. All the roads were passable, though slowly. There was a truck after having a problem at the end of the F'kelly at the N11 end which was backing people up the hill an hour ago.

So slippy, slidey, mushy and slow. I wouldn't go anywhere unless you need to, and I wouldn't be going any major distance, because it's likely to take you a long time. It doesn't look like the N11 was treated at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭audreyp

How is it on the N11 and the Road going up to Charlesland. I'm in Sandyford and dreading the trip home.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Decks79

Need to get to the post office. is it drivable out there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

It hasnt stopped snowing in Greystones for 4 hours so far. I work in Sandyford and didn't even attempt to go in today. It took people 3 hours just to get out of Sandyford last night, so I would leave now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭NarkyBoots

Husband is just back from doing a shop in Tesco. He has all-wheel drive but said it is fine. That's from Eden Gate down through G'stones and up to Tesco.

I'm in Ballinteer. N11 was dicey enough this morning coming in - not a bit of grit to be seen but to be fair if it was gritted it was covered over in snow by the time I got to it. I have 2-wheel drive but was fine.

M50 lethal and, again, not gritted.

Heading home soon enough I'd say. Shuold be ok - just take it handy. No mention on AARoadwatch of Farrankelly being "impassable" like it was the last time and I got home no bother that day :)

I would just like to add (from experiences this morning).

People need to use their indicators well in time please. Or, in some cases, just USE them. I had a near one with an A6 at the top of the Farrankelly Road where he just came sweeping around the roundabout with no indicators - nothing. :mad:

Severe system arriving in under 2 hours from Wales

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭audreyp

I got home ok thankfully. N11 was crazy on the way in but fine on the way home. The worst bit was trying to get to the m50 at Sandyford, a lot of people were stuck. I'm very relieved to be home now.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

Drove home last night, main roads fine.
    A lot of snow in Sandyford again yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

drove through delgany up onto the N11 and off at the Bray south/Killarney Road exit, no real problem

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

What do you think Windgates will be like tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

Anyone reckon I'll get from Eden gate to Avoca H'weavers in Kilmac later this afternoon, thanks what I get for leaving the shoping till the last minute:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

Merrilady wrote: »
    Anyone reckon I'll get from Eden gate to Avoca H'weavers in Kilmac later this afternoon, thanks what I get for leaving the shoping till the last minute:eek:

no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

Gardai advise not to go near Windgates due to ice. Pretty much all main routes around Greystones are the same though, anywhere where there has been heavy traffic today. Most are now ice rinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Bungolio

Yea I heard the warning about Windgates earlier, so came off at the Kilcoole exit instead, but it was tricky enough also. No problem for 4x4s though of course, getting impatient and overtaking the rest of us slowcoaches :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Just in case anybody happens to be venturing out tonight... approaching The roundabout at Superquinn, coming from Charlesland Grove, it's extremely slippery. I've driven it twice today and it's almost impossible not to lock-up, unless you're travelling at a snail's pace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

just a heads up for anyone who is going to be out and about early in the morning. the hill going up to the eden gate/kilcoole roundabout from charlesland is down to one lane and fairly icey

Advertisement