Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massive white flash in sky?

Options
  • 27-11-2010 1:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭

Anyone just notice a massive flash in the sky there a minute ago? Bright white and covered the whole dublin 5/17 area.

Dont hear any thunder either.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,716 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yes spotted it 3 times, not sure if it's lightening or not, no thunder after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

thought i saw a shooting star just a few mins ago. out in west dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭smokie2008

Happened in Dublin 18 too, I was attending the scene of an accident and the firemen and I were waiting on the Gaurds to turn up and they all saw it and figured it must have been someone throwing something at the power lines or something, hardly now if you saw it on the north side too:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Omnipresence

Saw it here too - bonkers

This was at 2330 BTW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 deftones

deffo lightning .

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭shabbyalonso

I've seen about 3 or 4 flashes outside my window, in the last hour - it just catches the corner of my eye, as I'm sitting watching tv - weird......what's that all about? I'm in Swords by the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Adhamh

Yeah, what the hell?

I saw one two days ago, startled me.

I saw one just 45minutes ago- I was looking down at my feet and suddenly the almightiest flash ever- I was ****ing stunned, frightened. I've never seen lightning that powerful but it was so exceptional that I wanted to run up to some randomer to ask if he thought a bomb went off (joke-kinda) but there was nobody around. Then there was a less intense one a few minutes later, except this time I did hear very delayed thunder as I strained my ears.

And I heard very faint thunder when I started typing this post and pretty loud thunder by the time I've finished this sentence.

But that flash was unlike anything I've witnessed ever- even stronger than the lighting at huge concerts. And it was so far away that I didn't hear anything. Strong stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Siog-Alainn

Saw this twice earlier, about half 11 and again 10 mins later. And I'm in Dunboyne!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Yeah there was a massive one there about two minutes ago. Hard to say if its lightning as there really isn't that many clouds out there. Really strange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭heffomike54

I was sitting in my car in Dublin 15 waiting on some fast food and I also saw a massive flash, thought it was a camera or something but didn't see anyone around, very strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Holybejaysus

Anyone get any pics/video?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

There is thunder after it. It's very far away. It's been going on since 23:30, lighting up the whole eastern part of the sky.

Sh!t I just remembered I saw one while I was at the Junction on the n11 at Cabinteely at about 12ish and it was real bright cause I was looking around for one of those camera vans but wasn any, I was one the phone so kinda panicked a bit an looked around, I was stopped but it DEFINATLY wasn lightning

• Registered Users Posts: 82,716 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Just heard thunder now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

I've been seeing them all night in all directions, got stunned in my car by one whopper flash. Must be some massive stationary storm out at sea or something, its been going on for hours. I'm starting to hear thunder now...must be getting closer.

Oh and the one that freaked me out in the car was at 8 this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭i_love_toast

this just in from the rte website "The IMF have landed in Ireland from large saucer like object floating in the sky giving off a somewhat blue light every fifteen minutes".....were doomed!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Equium

I saw them too, and I'm in north Louth. So it must be a huge storm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 joker87

saw a couple too, and i think i just heard faint thunder there a min ago but didnt notice a flash before it, but no clouds to be seen, weird

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Wouldn't sound not travel as well in cold, dense air too? That's why thunder not as loud...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

is it snowing yet? im gona make a massive snowman if it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Bjorn Bored.

doesnt this type of activity usually occur just before an earthquake? I have hard that as the ground shifts it gives off a sort of an earthlight which is caused by gases being released,could be a biggie:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I haven't seen flashes in the sky like that since I was abducted by aliens & the last lightning storm.

Since I'm still here typing this, I assume it's not the aliens back to take me aga

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭CrazyBiscuit

A flock of ducks just flew over my house, I can hear a crow and my dog is barking widly. I'm standing in the garden now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭fikay

saw it too in rathmines. I'm sure that it was something boring like lightening but it didn't look like that. I thought the sky was over

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Yeah there was a massive one there about two minutes ago. Hard to say if its lightning as there really isn't that many clouds out there. Really strange.

i was siting in my car near weston airport and saw a small one then a few min latter a real big one in a SE direction at about that time

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

massive thunder/snow storm just off the coast at moment

big discussions in the weather forum http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056102346&page=21

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭CrazyBiscuit

Just saw flash and heard thunder. I counted 25 seconds between light and sound. I'm in Nort Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TravelTales

Yeah, I saw at least five big flashes tonight in Dublin 1. Didn't hear any thunder. Nothing on Met Eireann about lightening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Danye

Thank God im not the only one that has been seeing these! I thought I was going mad!

I seen it happen in Dublin 12, 7, 2, and 24!!

Although what Im seeing is more like a blue flash of light and cant hear any thunder!

Advertisement