Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Music Player on Samsung i9000 Galaxy S

• 27-11-2010 2:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30

Hey everyone,

Have a malfunctioning iPod Touch and a broken phone on my hands so I guess it's time to upgrade to an all-in-one smartphone.

Basically, it has to have a decent music player.
    700 for an iPhone is a bit much, so I was thinking about the Samsung i9000 Galaxy S.

What's the audio quality like? User interface?

And while iTunes may not be the best piece of software ever, it has everything in one place. What's file management like on Samsungs?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Moved to android

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I dont really use the music player on it much tbh, but i think the audio quality surpasses my ipod classic anyway, just IMHO of course!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Never owned an iAnything but I am a bit of an audiophile and I've never had a problem with the music player. Stock ear buds with mic aren't the best, but not the worst by far either.

Major advantage is that you can install other music players on the phone if you dont like the stock ones UI or something, and there are quite a few to choose from.

but again, I dont really use the phone as an mp3 player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Viper_JB

I use poweramp for playing my music - it's a paid app but well worth it if you listen to a lot of music, I also got a bluetooth set of Plantronics headphones between the two of them get great sound. The standard in ear buds which come with the galaxy s are pretty much useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I'm using my Galaxy S at the moment as my earphones broke for my iPod touch. The music player on it is alright, it's quite slow at changing song but you can select a point in a song instantly. The tagging is also off, browsing Genre only shows Albums, as does Albums, and some of my artists are under Unknown. And this is with all my music tagged properly and a lot of album art doesn't show up.

The earbuds with the phone aren't great and it could be a bit louder, other than that it can manage, but I'd go back to my iPod.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

You can install any player or desktop software you like, files are drag and drop so you don't even need a desktop client.

Phone - Winamp, Double Twist.
    PC - Songbird, Media Monkey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

The only audio related issue I'd have with it is that I can't get FM radio to play in stereo.
    Otherwise the music player itself is grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Ron DMC wrote: »
    The only audio related issue I'd have with it is that I can't get FM radio to play in stereo.
    Otherwise the music player itself is grand.

EDIT: That was supposed to be fixed in 2.2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Could well be. Lemme just check.

Yeah, sounds better alright actually. Very little FM coverage out here though so all I could get was RnaG! I usually stream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭flynnduism

I was a big fan of the 3 (cubed) music player app, until I tried the Winamp app

It's great - may not be the prettiest (no coverflow), but the smoothest, least buggy that I've used

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Breezzzzze

Don't forget that with an Android phone, you are not tied to any particular PC (ie: tied to ITunes). Just connect the phone to any PC and it will appear as a USB drive. Copy MP3s across and the phone will analyse the tags and present the files in media player using the tag data. You can also copy your files to another PC.

Sound quality aside (I cannot comment as the sound on my Galaxy S and IPhone 3G seem the same to me using decent earplugs. My hearing just isn't that acute, I guess), Android is the way to go IMHO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30 Implosiony

Thanks all, you've won me over!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

PowerAMP and a decent pair of in-ear headphones will blow you away :)

Advertisement