Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony 650 touch

Options
  • 27-11-2010 3:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

Just purchased this today and downloaded calibre to help manage my books etc...

However, I seem to have a problem transferring my ebooks from desktop onto the device.

My ebooks are in the "Adobe Acrobat Document (.pdf)" file format and for some reason they dont transfer correctly to the device.

For instance, I add the ebook to calibre, click convert and the imput format is PDF and the output is EPUB.

The convert works fine, then when I send it to device I only get the first few pages of the book synching over?? :confused::confused:

I've tried a few different books with the same format and the same result happens.

Can anyone help me figure out what could be happening?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭MackDeToaster

I've just gotten one too and love it :D

I'm also using Calibre (with Linux) but haven't had any such problem so far, however most of the pdfs I've converted have been mostly text.

What kind of layout have yours ? I understand multicolumn pdfs with lots of images and the like are very difficult to covert - it's simply the nature of the beast.

Have a look at http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual/conversion.html#convert-pdf-documents

Have you tried copying all the text out, pasting into an .rtf or similar and converting that ?

Advertisement