Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paul O'Connell playing comeback with Young Munster video

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

I'm no expert, but he looked like he was running with a limp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭fullback4glin

It's been be a long road back, nice bit to go yet! Come on Paulie!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

He looks like he's struggling a bit there, great to see him back, even if it's in a Munsters jersey ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭fitz

Looks absolutely knackered!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

Yeah he looks bollixed but it is his first game back in something like 225 days! Fair play to him. Hopefully he gets back to his best soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

I guess at this stage, getting physically and mentally right in time for the 6N has to be the goal?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭up them Schteps

It will be a long road for him. Didn't think he was limping, more than likely he was just wrecked tired!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'd imagine he had a lot of strapping on as well which could lead to a "strained" walk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

He just looks extremely unfit.

Hardly surprising after the amount of time he's been in bed and hospital and unable to train.

I'd say he'll need a few more AIL run-outs before he's ready for contention with the professional team. Might be a few weeks yet, but great to see him back playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

[Jackass] wrote: »
    He just looks extremely unfit.

Hardly surprising after the amount of time he's been in bed and hospital and unable to train.

I'd say he'll need a few more AIL run-outs before he's ready for contention with the professional team. Might be a few weeks yet, but great to see him back playing.

I wouldn't rush him back for the HEC back to backs either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,317 ✭✭✭✭phog

To be fair to him, this is a few minutes of a 40 min game for him, he certainly looked like he nneds game time and doesn't look likey to be available for the Ospreys games. He carried well and I thought he held back in tackles at times and certainly when going forward with ball in hand he seemed to charge with less force then normal, was that because he was minding himself or have regard for the guys he was playing against.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

On the basis of that clip he should retire:D

Great to see the big man back. Certainly a few weeks from playing for Munster but December was always the target.

Advertisement