Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why can't a medium PROVE the ability exists?

Options
15678911»

Comments

Standman wrote: »
    So in other words, no.

I can but nice guess . Alot of that going on here :p

Will i ? Probably not iif i dont know you. But the info is out there if you just look . Teach a man to fish and all that .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

hahaha - find out the info for themselves? never!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,192 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Will i ? Probably not iif i dont know you. But the info is out there if you just look . Teach a man to fish and all that .

:rolleyes:

"My dog can speak 3 different languages and i can prove it"

"Go on then"

"Nah, I don't know you"

Pfffft!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I can but nice guess . Alot of that going on here :p

You behave like this and then wonder why the skeptics have no time for paranormal claims? Back up what you say, or dont make the claims at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Maccored wrote:
    hahaha - find out the info for themselves? never!

This right here is the reason dicussions like this thread never go anywhere.
    • Skeptic asks Medium for proof of their abilities
    • Medium answers saying they have seen plenty of proof, performed wonders of magic/miracles/healings..whatever you like, and the proof is well documented
    • Skeptic asks for said proof
    • Medium gives same old run of the mill (do you learn this in textbooks?!) answer along the lines of "You can find it yourself" or "Read these books"
    FFS. You can either do it or you cant. Either produce the proof for the claims that are made, or accept that you are going to be seen by anyone with half a brain as charlatans.

MrJonDonnis, no chance then that we can get you to put up some of the content/research that was on this website you speak of? It sounds very interesting, although your attitude about it is coming across very strange and even a little smug tbh

• Advertisement

Oryx wrote: »
    Back up what you say, or dont make the claims at all.

Sorry i was just trying to be like the other Skeptics ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

But being sceptical means critically examining any claims made. Skeptics dont come up with the claims or theories, they are there to pull questionable theory apart and see if there is any truth there. Anyone involved in paranormal claims needs to be sceptical in order to sort fact from fairy tale.

*I dunno if its skeptic or sceptic. I use both :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,192 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

You're talking absolute ballocks! You're making claims and not backing them up and then using digs and skeptics to try make it look like you're right.

Either present evidence or withdraw..................

withdraw.jpg

Advertisement