Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I delete the internet configuration on my Nokia 3720?

Options
  • 27-11-2010 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭

I've an o2 branded Nokia 3720, symbian V40 (symbian lite), and every now and then I select the internet by accident.

This cost a flippin' fortune on O2 Pay and display, so I want to delete or otherwise change the configuration so that I can't dial out on the net.

How?

I've gone through the configuration and can't see anything I can change. Or indeed I can't add a configuration so that I could set that as the default.

Can anyone help?

I don't want or need internet, even if it were free.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Should be under: Menu > Settings > Connectivity >
    Packet data

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

Davy wrote: »
    Should be under: Menu > Settings > Connectivity >
    Packet data

Thanks, but the only options are "always" or "when needed".

I want

"never"

Which isn't an option.

No click the option below it; packet data settings. Then edit the accesspoint and remove the www.dol.ie and click ok.

Davy wrote: »
    No click the option below it; packet data settings. Then edit the accesspoint and remove the www.dol.ie and click ok.

Ah, when I go into that there are two options:

Active access point, which only allows you activate 1 of 10 access points - no options menu.

or

Edit active access pt.

which allows you to change the alias for the access point (thename), or Access point - which is blank.

Nowhere can I find the O2 settings, that I can see.

Help! I miss my N95, even though it couldn't cope with the abuse I threw at it!

The access pint shouldn't be already blank.

You can also change the settings in menu > settings > configuration under preferred access point, and personal configuration settings. Just remove these

• Advertisement

I've stuck in a dummy access point - that should do it!

I've also asked o2 to bar my account from accessing the 'net, though I doubt they'll respond, other than to try sell me more stuff.

Incredible charges for data, amazing, really.

Nope - didn't work.

God knows what it cost me to find out, though!

Nope - didn't work.

God knows what it cost me to find out, though!

You must be doing somthing wrong, just send me the phone will ya :p

It will be costing you 2c per kb upto 50kb, then its automatically 99cent for the rest of the day, upto 50MB

Credit due to O2 - their customer care people came back to me today - they've knobbled internet on my phone.

Can't ask for more than that!

Advertisement