Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Its snowdeded

• 27-11-2010 9:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Walked out the Cork road from Harvey's to WIT to get to work.

ITS ****ING SNOWING SIDEWAYS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

You there!!!!

Buy me a Christmas Goose and keep the change.........

Sitting in work, and the snow is now bucketing down outside the window. I'm willing to stay here all day and work just to stay warm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

has it ever snowed in november before?cant rem snow this time of the year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

It looks just as heavey as it was here earlier in the year. Glad i didn't go into work today :)

snowi.th.jpg
    Picture not great taken with my phone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Looks much heavier than last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Very Very Heavy in Tramore! with Huge lumps falling

Every bit of land we have is covered....we haven't a ditch now to walk on!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

M9 northbound from Waterford to Mullinavat is closed due to some minor accidents and poor conditions. The only report from AA and todayfm news which said its bright and sunny here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

May it remain overcast and lightly snowy as its easy to drive on, if it clears we're fooked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

mike65 wrote: »
    May it remain overcast and lightly snowy as its easy to drive on, if it clears we're fooked.

Looks like may be clearing now i see blue sky in the distance , i heard it was to stay all day :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Drove down to the shops just before it started to come down heavy earlier. What a challange. Got back at the right time as the neighbour had to abandon her jeep about an hour later coming up the same road.

Skies look like they clearing up for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

I heard the buses are stuck on ballybricken :eek:

Its very soft and wet, falling off the trees and bushes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Kilmeaden is treacherous. Driving home and one lad was stuck in a ditch and helped him out. Took an hour to get home which normally takes 10 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Made it as far as Kilmeaden myself on the way to the mountains but turned back there. Round trip of 14 miles from Ferrybank took 3 hours :S

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MFZ

Which way did you two go? N- or R-road?

Skies clearning thats bad news for tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Down past B&Q, on to the N25 and out, turned back at the Kilmeanden roundabout.
    Conditions could have improved by now though. This was about 11-12 ish

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MFZ

mike65 wrote: »
    Skies clearning thats bad news for tonight.

As in roads getting icy? If I will make it into town for the beers I will stay there *8)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

Was driving up the hill past De La Salle and to my shock I saw some guy on a small steam roller coming down the hill on my side of the road. If he thinks he's helping by compacting the snow, well then he's an idiot I'm sorry.
    He was just making the road conditions even more dangerous then what they already were:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

It's days like today that the idiot really comes out in people. Clowns especially idiots in 4x4's tearing around the place. On the Folly hill you'd swear the roads were safe with the speed some of them are going. I saw one clown in a jeep overtake a car coming down the hill when it was snowing heavily - bloody idiots. Have some consideration ye fools. Just because the roads might look ok they are not so slow down.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭strangepaddy

anplaya wrote: »
    has it ever snowed in november before?cant rem snow this time of the year

yeah it has.......back this week in '85 :) i know this cause i was born da 25th and my mother said it was snowin in waterford when she was in WRH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

i got caught today up by Roanmore on that little roundabout..all traffic at a stand still and cars sliding everywhere..i had no control on the car whatsoever and the amount of rubber i was burning to even move an inch was ridiculous...a man had to get out and push my car as i couldnt even leave the handbrake on the bit of a slant as unless my foot was firmly on the brake the car was sliding backwards..some nightmare..managed to get out of that one only to have to go down Blakes Lane and car actually slid sideways about an inch i'd say from a wall..was then getting pelted by snowballs the size of boulders from teenagers..i'm sure there'll be dentsi n my car tomorrow and they nearly sent me into a pole..sure me being me got out and started telling them off with them shouintg "sure it's snowing girl calm down" followed by me doing more shouting..got back in and sure they threw bigger ones..then my mam wanted to call the guards as she was having a **** attack in the car..still dont know how i managed to get out of that one and a man driving up towards me was sliding backwards and sideways..i thought i'd never get home..nearly landed on me arse then walking up my driveway..topped it off nicely:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Looks like its going to get worse early next week:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭jmcc

So this is the Global Warming that the Greens have been wibbling about?

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

snuggles09 wrote: »
    was then getting pelted by snowballs the size of boulders from teenagers

That's one of the main hazards of being out and about today. These fcukers think it's just a bit of craic to be pelting cars with snowballs, but they have no conception of how upsetting that can be, especially for an old person or a girl on her own.

Last year there was a gang of little toerags around my area fcuking snowballs at houses in my estate. I called the guards, and they said it was too dangerous for them to be out. They're the bloody guards ffs, they're well paid to look after the rest of us! Front-line alliance me hole! :mad:

I'd advocate a good clip around the ear for any little fcuker throwing snowballs at anything other than their own mates. If I catch any of them on their own, they'll get a dig; problem is they're always in a gang, and then you can't do a bloody thing. :mad:

Looks like its going to get worse early next week:rolleyes:

Go onto the weather section on this site. The lads on there really know their stuff. They had this forecast from last week and are much more accurate than met eireann. They are saying that Tuesday is the day for a significant snow event as they call it. More or less finished here for the day except for a few showers later on. Some of the stuff is very technical but its interesting how they analyse the whole thing and rarely get it wrong.

You'll find it under the "science" section then scroll down to weather. Enjoy:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Looks like we could be in for a bit more early tommorow morning, and tommorow according to Hirlam, as their models were bang on about what we got this morning

• Advertisement

Looks like we could be in for a bit more early tommorow morning, and tommorow according to Hirlam, as their models were bang on about what we got this morning

Yeah, just saw that, amazing how it can change from hour to hour. Looks like we're in for another pounding.

Advertisement