Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Its snowdeded

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

From the weather forum looks like we will get the snow sooner or later :

TONIGHT ... Clear and very cold in some central and northern counties, with just isolated flurries mostly near the coasts. Lows -7 to -12 C. Some ice fog developing. Cloudy in the south and southwest, parts of the west near the coast, with outbreaks of snow likely, 3-7 cms for some areas, affecting west Munster and possibly spreading to East Munster. Also a slight risk of snow showers near the east coast localized but heavy in a few spots. Lows in these regions about -4 C.

SUNDAY ... Outbreaks of snow likely across the south, possibly heavy in parts of Munster, later spreading to inland southeast, 5-10 cms with higher potentials. This may be somewhat patchy and intermittent with fog and coastal drizzle added, as winds come in from the SE at 15-25 mph. Further north, cloudy with some sunny breaks more frequent in the north, cold, highs generally -1 to +2 C south, to -3/-1 C further north. Light winds in many areas of the north, but some risk of coastal flurries.

MONDAY ... Once again, snow possible across the south and southeast, heavier in the inland southeast, 5-10 cms possible, winds E 15-25 mph. The temperature regime on Monday will probably repeat Sunday's for most regions, and it should remain dry in the northern two thirds except for some widely separated flurries in the northwest. Highs generally -3 to +1 C.

:cool:

Was it true dungarvan had snow today???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

jo06555 wrote: »

I was down there today and I didn't see any

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

We had a very light snowbin stradbally

I was down there today and I didn't see any

MMM i was in smyths today and aparently some of their staff could not get into work because of the 10 cm of snow :rolleyes: i think some of them were looking for excuse for a day in the cot :D

• Advertisement

ziedth wrote: »
    We had a very light snowbin stradbally

Ye supposeblty we are to bear the brunt of the snow tommorrow and tuesday but i wont beleive it til i see it as weather seems to be changing so much every different station you listen to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

jo06555 wrote: »

There was a very light covering outside my house today but 100 meters down the road there was none. Seems to have been very localised.

I did hear that there was a good bit up by the Pike though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Its too cold for snow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,780 ✭✭✭✭JPA

dayshah wrote: »
    Its too cold for snow.

Well if the clouds roll in it won't be.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭munster_mafia

Its too cold for snow.

Always believed that myself, looked into it and turns out its not true at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

No its not to cold for snow, can snow up to -40, but the chances of snow are gone now for the south east Tuesday has being downgraded again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

happy days

Its too cold for snow.

Tell that to all the people covered in snow right now .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It only snows between certain temps and its a very narrow range about 3 degrees +2 to -1

I never knew there was so many meteorologists in Waterford :rolleyes:

Everyones a met man in winter, nobody wants to know in summer. ;)

accuweather 15 days
    http://www.accuweather.com/ukie/forecast-15day.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&postalcode=EUR;IE;EI023;WATERFORD;&metric=1

wetterzentral 15 days
    http://www.wetterzentrale.de/topkarten/fsavneur.html (click Min/Max-Temperaturen link)

who's right?

Delighted that there will be no more snow. Horrible ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,780 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Minstrel27 wrote: »

I wouldn't be 100% confident there will be no snow. Forecast over us for tomorrow but the forecasts are constantly changing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Minstrel27 wrote: »

There could be bad news for you:D

If todays forecasts are to be beleived the east and south east will be hit this evening and tommorrow cant see where it comes from on this radar though only significant amounts are in england , im no weather man either so maybe its possible...:confused:
    http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Sky News seem to have some snow shaped blob in their weather reports hanging out over Waterford tomorrow morning. It's become a case of I'll believe it when I see it now.

So who wants to put money on it if it snows tonight or not ;)

So we went from snowing sat night to monday morning and monday night and now all i hear is the east will get some tonight and on tuesday the south east :confused: surely with us predicted to get snow since sat they cannot get it so badly wrong everytime from the radar their is not even snow near us today , plus where are they expecting our snow for tuesday , i suppose it will end up in belfast instead tommorrow morning..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

The snow we're meant to be getting tomorrow isn't snow that has come from elsewhere in Ireland but is instead meant to be the snow that's currently plaguing England. Previously, we were meant to get snow that worked its way down the country but it's the change in wind that kept that snow away from us up to now that's going to blow the snow from England over here. We'll see anyway. I have an exam in the morning so I'll be keeping an eye out for anything that might disrupt me!

JPA wrote: »
    I wouldn't be 100% confident there will be no snow. Forecast over us for tomorrow but the forecasts are constantly changing.

:mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Looking at the charts on different websites, I think this one will miss us. It all seems to be on the eastern side of hook head so Im not expecting to see heavy snow here at all this week.

Trotter wrote: »
    Looking at the charts on different websites, I think this one will miss us. It all seems to be on the eastern side of hook head so Im not expecting to see heavy snow here at all this week.

Ye me too i do see what is suppose to hit us in england now but over the last 24 hrs it has gone south of us to wales and now birmingham so i cannot see how it could turn so much as to hit us in the south east id reckon looking at it more the north east but as i said i know F all about this :D All iv heard over the last few days was south east will get snow only for it to not happen i would not be surprised if i wake up to 20cm of snow in morning after met eireann saying only leinster will get it ;)

I don't know if its me, but tonight feels easily the coldest its been all year! :eek:

Absolutely fecking perishing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

mike65 wrote: »
    I don't know if its me, but tonight feels easily the coldest its been all year! :eek:

Absolutely fecking perishing

Was just going to say that...nice and warm in the room here 20degrees but still get shivers now and then. gggrrrr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Yeah I was outside at only 6pm this evening and it was showing -3 degrees on the car's thermostat. Not only that, it was an intense cold that you feel right inside your skull!

I don't have to say just how much colder it feels now.

Waterford City Weather puts it at -4.4 at the moment.

Advertisement