Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Its snowdeded

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

DaveMur1 wrote: »
    Really need it to snow in waterford tonight!
    Sorry for those of you working & those who don't want it ,but I really need it to snow badly !!!!
    Not to bothered if it's all cleared by lunch time though, I need the morning off!!!!

Spin up to dublin, has not stopped snowing since 10.30 am, 10 inches of snow, m50 is a carpark, more snow forecast, just carnage and i just saw that rte are showing Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull on Monday night.... what else can go wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

decies wrote: »
    No snow in Waterford,the weather Gods have spoken.

RTE said east munster will get some we are that surely?? plus its snowing in killkenny now from what i hear.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭jmcc

jo06555 wrote: »
    RTE said east munster will get some we are that surely?? plus its snowing in killkenny now from what i hear.:confused:
    It is RTE. Anywhere outside of the arseend of Montrose is a foreign country. :) BTW Kilkenny is in Leinster.

Regards...jmcc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

angry_fox wrote: »
    Spin up to dublin, has not stopped snowing since 10.30 am, 10 inches of snow, m50 is a carpark, more snow forecast, just carnage

Not the snow monster again :eek:

Anyway the Déise tribes were a clever folk when they settle here. The Comeraghs help keep away the worst of the snow, and the clouds have to dump their load over Wexford and Kilkenny before they reach us. So unless the snow comes from a southerly direction we escape the worst of it.

Anyone care to test their alpinist skills and paint the rock over Plunkett Station?

jmcc wrote: »
    It is RTE. Anywhere outside of the arseend of Montrose is a foreign country. :) BTW Kilkenny is in Leinster.

Regards...jmcc
    TV3 said Tramore and surrounding areas are under heavy snow. The fools.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

For all you saddo's who want snow, go to Wexford! White out there. Stops in New Ross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

dayshah wrote: »
    TV3 said Tramore and surrounding areas are under heavy snow. The fools.

Martin King thinks Tramore is in Donegal.

I think this chap has drawn a very good likeness of him here btw

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Hope it doesn't snow tonight... have to travel to WD early in the morning.
    By the way, it has snowed feck all in KK city thus far... a light dusting is even an ambitious description (says he as he knifes jmcc in the back, fondly remembering those days...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

was just told in the chipper there that its snowing in Dunmore and Passage??

edited because its obviousley not and local auld fellas are not a reliable source..lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Started snowin in kill now i hear so wont be long by time it hits us i reckon........

• Advertisement

jo06555 wrote: »
    Started snowin in kill now i hear so wont be long by time it hits us i reckon........

Kill Waterford or Kildare?

Well, I can see the moon through the clouds, so the clouds are almost empty by the time they reach us.

The Waterford snow-shield is fully operational.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Oh how I'd love to be home. Have been stuck in England for the last few days unable to fly into Dublin and as it's such a busy time there are no other flights available to be transferred on to. Even the ferries are booked! My last hope is a flight to Dublin on Thursday morning. After that I might have a shot at getting a train to Pembroke and getting a ferry to Rosslare on Christmas Eve. But with the weather affecting trains and buses I could be spending Christmas here. Never thought I'd miss Waterford so much!!

Oh how I'd love to be home. Have been stuck in England for the last few days unable to fly into Dublin and as it's such a busy time there are no other flights available to be transferred on to. Even the ferries are booked! My last hope is a flight to Dublin on Thursday morning. After that I might have a shot at getting a train to Pembroke and getting a ferry to Rosslare on Christmas Eve. But with the weather affecting trains and buses I could be spending Christmas here. Never thought I'd miss Waterford so much!!

What about Luton-Waterford?

wellboy76 wrote: »
    What about Luton-Waterford?

No available flights until 26th.

What's really pissing me off is third party companies buying up seats on Aer Lingus flights for Christmas Eve and selling them at crazy expensive prices. That shouldn't be allowed.

Feck. Good luck getting home

What's really pissing me off is third party companies buying up seats on Aer Lingus flights for Christmas Eve and selling them at crazy expensive prices. That shouldn't be allowed.

Try Eurolines. The ferry ticket comes included.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

What are the chances of trying to get to Birmingham or Manchester and flying direct to Waterford?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

dayshah wrote: »
    Try Eurolines. The ferry ticket comes included.

That's a great idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

nkay1985 wrote: »
    That's a great idea.

It is you know. It's hard to have any smpathy for airlines that raise their prices by up to what 400% around Christmas.

Times like this that the ferry seems like such a good option.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Okay there ain't no snow but feck me its another cold one. So still. Roll on the windy wet thaw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,780 ✭✭✭✭JPA

mike65 wrote: »
    Okay there ain't no snow but feck me its another cold one. So still. Roll on the windy wet thaw.

The windy wet thaw is a long way off.

I'm home! Had to fly to Cork and get the bus to Waterford. And my car is still in Dublin airport but at least I'm here.

Eurolines were fully booked up by the way. Over 1000 people were booked on the ferry from Holyhead last night. :eek:

I got lucky today and rang Aer Lingus on a whim, suddenly seats on flights opened up today where I was told there wouldn't be anything until Friday at the earliest. And what's more the flight wasn't even full!

Anyway once I get up to Dublin tomorrow, get the car and make it home I'm doing a huge shop for beer and junk food in Tescos and not setting outside the door till next year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

I'm home! Had to fly to Cork and get the bus to Waterford. And my car is still in Dublin airport but at least I'm here.

Eurolines were fully booked up by the way. Over 1000 people were booked on the ferry from Holyhead last night. :eek:

I got lucky today and rang Aer Lingus on a whim, suddenly seats on flights opened up today where I was told there wouldn't be anything until Friday at the earliest. And what's more the flight wasn't even full!

Anyway once I get up to Dublin tomorrow, get the car and make it home I'm doing a huge shop for beer and junk food in Tescos and not setting outside the door till next year!
    Fair play boy !
    Bitterly cold even during sunshine never felt cold Like this in the SE my iphone weather app is saying -7c but thank god that 'shield' is still holding up :):)

Fair play boy !
    Bitterly cold even during sunshine never felt cold Like this in the SE my iphone weather app is saying -7c but thank god that 'shield' is still holding up :):)

I'm looking outside. It got cloudy, and the Waterfordcityweather map shows precipitation over Duncannon :(

Come on snow-shield, you can do it!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Glad you made it back!

Clouds look very dodgy at the moment. Shields to max, Scotty!

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

Snowing very heavy in Cheekpoint at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Yeah its not far away now :mad:

The snow-shield has been penetrated :(

I promise the Norse snow god that I will sacrifice a turkey in his honour to keep it away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Snow flurries in the city centre now
    Come on snow shield ! Or maybe the gulf stream will wake up and rescue us

Advertisement