Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Its snowdeded

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Yeah i was on the road myself at 7 am, the heineken trucks were on the road so im hoping this means the binman will be also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

kryogen wrote: »
    Yeah i was on the road myself at 7 am, the heineken trucks were on the road so im hoping this means the binman will be also.

beer much more important in times like these

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭thirtypence

has anyone travelled on the motorway from kilkenny to waterford or vice versa this morning? no mention of that motorway on aa roadwatch this morning but it was down to one lane yesterday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

has anyone travelled on the motorway from kilkenny to waterford or vice versa this morning? no mention of that motorway on aa roadwatch this morning but it was down to one lane yesterday?

still down to one lane earlier this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,689 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Hm, getting bored with snow now...what is the Tramore road like? Is it dangerous?

I don't have to go to work today but will for the rest of the week, think I might get the bus. I doubt whether I could get off the estate in a car anyway, it was mad on Saturday and has been freezing since.

Edit - is the tramore bus running?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

The Tramore Road is fine and the Tramore-Waterford bus is running, I got it this morning and surprisingly it was on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Waterford26

what a ice on ardkeen estate... what the council doing???? salt is gone or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I havent heard the word Waterford on any of the forecasts today.. Are we gonna get another load of snow on Tuesday I wonder.. It doesnt look like it from the sound of the forecasts at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Trotter wrote: »
    I havent heard the word Waterford on any of the forecasts today.. Are we gonna get another load of snow on Tuesday I wonder.. It doesnt look like it from the sound of the forecasts at all.

Im guessing you didnt see the lunch time forecast on RTE :) Snow on the way for Tue and Wen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,689 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Just found info on the Bus Eireann site, at 10 am today: Tramore service to terminus only.

• Advertisement

Im guessing you didnt see the lunch time forecast on RTE :) Snow on the way for Tue and Wen

Nice one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭munster_mafia

Who did everyone fair with WIT today? Got texts this morning from the department saying lecturers would not be in today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭Moonmad

Who did everyone fair with WIT today? Got texts this morning from the department saying lecturers would not be in today.

Have been in since 10am very quiet here. No lecturers around at all, plenty of spaces in carpark though!

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Check the weather section on this site. They seem to think met eireann have exaggerated things a bit.Any snow expected would appear to be north of Wicklow and into dublin and Louth but very little if any for down here.

They have been fairly spot on so far.

Hope I dont feel like comical Ali later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

jimbojazz wrote: »
    Check the weather section on this site. They seem to think met eireann have exaggerated things a bit.Any snow expected would appear to be north of Wicklow and into dublin and Louth but very little if any for down here.

They have been fairly spot on so far.

Hope I dont feel like comical Ali later.

Check M.T Cranium's daily weather forecast: The east will get a hammering tonight and tomorrow and we will get more snow I am sure.

homolumo wrote: »
    Check M.T Cranium's daily weather forecast: The east will get a hammering tonight and tomorrow and we will get more snow I am sure.

Yeah, I've been checking his but the East is from Wicklow up to Louth - we're south east and from what I'm reading they dont seem to think it will be anything significant this far down - hope I'm wrong but they're fairly spot on

This seems to be a good guide and they refer to this a lot.

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

jimbojazz wrote: »
    Yeah, I've been checking his but the East is from Wicklow up to Louth - we're south east and from what I'm reading they dont seem to think it will be anything significant this far down - hope I'm wrong but they're fairly spot on

This seems to be a good guide and they refer to this a lot.

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Ye looks like the east will be covered but these can change so quickly i for did not expect all that snow sat morning so if it was to change it could come south east , i heard on the radio south munster will get it too :confused:

Just listening to tv3 news they make out lots of countys will get snow but by looks of that raintoday site only dublin really getting it ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

I would'nt really believe anything from a tv3 weather forecast! When I worked as a bike messenger in Dublin I used to watch the forecast on tv3 in the mornings just to see how wrong they would get it. They always got it wrong!

Am I the only one who is fed up with the snow and ice already?!

dermo909 wrote: »
    I would'nt really believe anything from a tv3 weather forecast! When I worked as a bike messenger in Dublin I used to watch the forecast on tv3 in the mornings just to see how wrong they would get it. They always got it wrong!

Am I the only one who is fed up with the snow and ice already?!

ICE ye but i would not mind more snow rather be walking in snow than slush or ice :D

Waterford is going to get hit, I cant see much tonight maybe a few light showers, The fun starts from around 11 tommorow morning

• Advertisement

From look of latest images on this http://www.raintoday.co.uk/ its heading further south easterly , so we may see some hail or snow overnight , dublin seem to only have hail now , 9 news were just showing reporter talking ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Any more snow overnight i'n the city???

Dont think so. But its not far away

Little bits falling here on the Dunmore road now.. Black clouds off to the south east where it's coming from.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭cowhands

fricatus wrote: »
    That's one of the main hazards of being out and about today. These fcukers think it's just a bit of craic to be pelting cars with snowballs, but they have no conception of how upsetting that can be, especially for an old person or a girl on her own.

Last year there was a gang of little toerags around my area fcuking snowballs at houses in my estate. I called the guards, and they said it was too dangerous for them to be out. They're the bloody guards ffs, they're well paid to look after the rest of us! Front-line alliance me hole! :mad:

I'd advocate a good clip around the ear for any little fcuker throwing snowballs at anything other than their own mates. If I catch any of them on their own, they'll get a dig; problem is they're always in a gang, and then you can't do a bloody thing. :mad:

My friend was driving his van up by Roanmore GAA, had stopped at the traffic lights, he saw some teenager lads rolling snow balls and thought "ah here we go the van is going to get snowballed"....instead....when the lights went green and he started to move off the young lads opened the back of his van and pelted in the back of the head with snowballs".
    Little f-ers.
    Ya gotta admire the cheekiness of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

There's something falling here in Ballygunner but it looks more like rain than snow. Only very light.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭hellfireie

its snowing in avondale/ cherrymount area !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Local weather apps have changed from snow to rain showers. We shall see.

I'd like to know people's opinions on the schools being closed.

Like those of us that are still working have made it to work except those who are in remote areas but by and large where I am most if not all are in.

They say it's on health and safety grounds that if someone slips they could be liable. But in fairness it hasnt snowed since Saturday.

So take the main schools here where you must have at least 50 teachers in each school who are now sitting at home for the last two days doing nothing basically. What was to stop them getting into the schools yesterday and arming themselves with a few shovels and wheelbarrows and clearing the place and making it safe?

Maybe I'm being harsh but closing them for two days seems over the top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

decies wrote: »
    Local weather apps have changed from snow to rain showers. We shall see.

Yeah the temperature's pushed up a bit wtoo high seemingly but there's meant to be a large bank of cold air push ing in from the east around lunch time so we'll see what that brings with it.

Advertisement