Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Its snowdeded

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

It was raining when I brought my gf to work at 9am. Not as cold as expected and the roads seem to be ok right now. If it gets colder though it could be dangerous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

A brief few flakes....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

mike65 wrote: »
    A brief few flakes....

Sleety stuff falling out around ballygunner, time to get that fire going again :)

Stop taking about your lovely open fire with its warm red glow! :mad: :p

Stop taking about your lovely open fire with its warm red glow! :mad: :p

well im out of bloody coal. I was hoping not to leave the house today.

Sleet has stopped, still very grey out. Is there a chance of even rain?

• Advertisement

There was sleety rain in Naas earlier. I did notice snow on the south facing roofs has largely gone. We'd only need a very small rise in temps to get a mini thaw but hard to see it happening. Also, just to depress people the 15 day outlook on wetterzentrale.de shows no real change just a couple of brief variations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Dew point 0.1c and temp 1.1c now..

Wont have much snow if it stays like that.

There is still a few flakes falling. I checked waterfordcityweather and it now 1.9c so at least there should be a bit of a thaw setting in

Its snowing but not flakes - small balls of frozen water. Very slippy

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Its snowing but not flakes - small balls of frozen water. Very slippy

Sleet no?

• Advertisement

You'd think so but they decended at the speed of flakes, must have a lot of air in them.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

You'd think so but they decended at the speed of flakes, but have a lot of air in them.

Fairly heavy in Tramore atm. Must wrap up well as I plan on heading to the shops!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,780 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Today's Weather
    Outbreaks of snow affecting western counties will mostly die out this afternoon but wintry showers will continue in much of Leinster and east Munster, many falling as snow and some producing thunderstorms near coasts. Elsewhere, staying dry with sunny spells but east to northeast winds will increase fresh or strong at times. Highest temperatures 0 to 4 degrees Celsius.

Tonight's Weather
    Tonight, snow showers in many parts of Leinster and east Munster will give further accumulations, with some thunderstorms still likely near coasts. Other areas will be dry apart from some snow flurries. East to northeast winds will remain blustery in exposed places but will moderate over land. Lowest temperatures 0 to -8 degrees Celsius.

http://www.rte.ie/weather/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Just started snowing in city up gracedieu , not sure how long will last tho as didnt expect it to snow til later tonight from what i was hearing.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Web_radar.gif

Posted on the weather forum, looks like we could get a lot more snow tongiht if the wind doesnt change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Heavy snow shower there for about twenty minutes, driving conditions were alright TBH.

(Ferrybank area)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Snowing heavy enough now in the city centre

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Snowing heavy enough now in the city centre

A friend of mine is new ross and a few min ago he said heavy snow falling at the mo , on radar its heading our way after ross so it may get heavier in next hour or so .. http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

EDIT _ just looked out my window and its here ;)

Snowing very heavy now :)

• Advertisement

Yep, big fluffy flakes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

If thoese streamers keep coming in off the Irish sea from Dublin, and wind keeps up It could be as bad as Saturday:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Theres only one scientific word for the way it is here near Ballygunner.. b!tchin snow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

It's getting heavier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

yep...hot n heavy now

I just seen a snowball blowing down the road like a tumble weed !!!:eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Bucketing down here in the Industrial Estate.

Yes its very heavy :D

Taken a minute ago
    photofrh.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

:( might be walking to work if it keeps up like this..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

coming down hot n heavy in town!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭jmcc

Must have been an inch or two fall in the last half hour. Cars and buses crawling along on the road. I blame the Greens. :)

Regards...jmcc

Advertisement