Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Its snowdeded

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

i better take me willy warmer back out of the press..i thought it was the end of the snow earlier:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Seems to of eased off now but looks like more could come.....:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

A lot done...more to come:D

Web_radar.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

Have just come in after driving in from town, it got very bad very quick. It has eased off here in Ballygunner now. Anyone fancy headin down to becketts for one??

Is there anymore snow for tonight? Have to head back up to Dublin tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

It eased off for a minute but its very heavy now again :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

162689_472399835824_723965824_5922405_2668469_n.jpg

Outside the house a few mins ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Anyone been out driving in the last while? Outer Ring Road / other routes from Industrial Estate to Ballygunner in particular?

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dashboard_hula

I got picked up from work above at the Ind Est, and we saw 3 cars slipsliding down that roundabout that's on a hill - between the end of Cannon street and um. the new Rowe Creavin? Near City Vets? I seriously need to navigate this city by more than pubs.
    Anyway, it's like a waterslide out there. The bottle of salt I got to keep the back door/smoking area ice-free doesn't look like it's gonna do sh!t to keep the ice off.

...ooh it's gone even thicker! Big fluffy flakes!

/acting like a 4 year old.

IM on carricphierish rd and its bad few inches have fallen allready and just in the last few min truck has passed gritting the road it came from old kilmeaden rd way so it must of done outer ring road maybe before hand .......:confused:

Looks like at least a few inches fell allready , so if it stays like this for the night we may get very bad amounts by the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Not a flake out in stradbally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

YAY.. The joys of living up on the Rockshire road. Tis going to be fun going to work tonight!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Stokolan wrote: »
    YAY.. The joys of living up on the Rockshire road. Tis going to be fun going to work tonight!!

I can just imagine a big pile of 100 cars all crumpled up at the bottom of Rockshire hill :D. It must be hell there.

It seems tonight is going to be worse than saturdays fall , so with the freezing temps we could have bad roads for weeks to come.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Amazing scenes! The bounce effect of the snow has the place lit up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭jmcc

mike65 wrote: »
    Amazing scenes! The bounce effect of the snow has the place lit up.
    Yep. Nearly 11 o'clock at night and it is still bright. And it is snowing again.

Regards...jmcc

Does Waterford city council have a plough or three?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Still snowing!! I genuinely thought we'd seen the last of it!

137457.jpg

It's lovely and all but the car (and car park) is covered in a good few inches of the stuff. First job will be clearing all that off so I can see out the window! Then the fun of the drive home.

If they've grited the ORR that'll be handy out; if not, not so much.

Take some food with you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Looking at the Radar, There is plenty more on the way

• Advertisement

Looking at the Radar, There is plenty more on the way

Ye it sure does , i wonder how many inches will of fallen by morning.

Take some food with you!

Might not be a bad idea. :D I'll go stock up with stuff from the vending machines. If I get stranded, I'll have supplies; if I get home safely, I'll have a little party!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

And the Weather on Wlr today, A mainly dry frosty night :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

Does Waterford city council have a plough or three?

I saw a truck out by the garage by whitfield on Saturday with a plough on the front of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

And the Weather on Wlr today, A mainly dry frosty night :D

Ah Wlr spot on as usual :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,780 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Whats the forecast for say the next 12 hours anyone know?
    Pelting it down at the momment or whatever the term is.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭eiresandra

The met eireann rainfall radar shoes plenty more stuff heading in our direction. Hard to say how much will come over the city directly.

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Its not safe out there. I came over the bridge, up the Quay and out the cork road and the raods are deadly. If it keeps snowing during the night its going to be even worse in the morning.

I had a WTF moment when I passed some guy cycling in sally park on a racer at around 11pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Seriously pissed off with the snow now. It looked like things were starting to thaw out today and then this absolute blanket of white falls and covers everywhere. Just drove to work and I felt like I was driving a rally car. Really unsafe. I did do a pretty cool slow motion power slide into the Cork Road entrance to the industrial estate though!:D But I was lucky that nobody else was on the road.

But I'm supposed to be flying to London on Friday from the airport and I doubt that flight will be going ahead. Then I'll have to try and book one from Cork or Dublin, provided their flights aren't cancelled or the airports in London aren't affected.

So annoyed. Stupid weather. :mad:

• Advertisement

Seems to of stopped for now but as the radar shows more looks to be on the way all tho 00.30 seems to show it thinning out ...:confused:

Advertisement